Register now to get rid of these ads!

hello from Alabama

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shiftless, Feb 28, 2007.

1. shiftless

shiftless

Hi guys, I have been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. I see you guys are mostly into older (pre-60s) rides, which are cool as hell, but not my main thing. Hope I won't get flamed for this but my project is an '02 Mustang GT which I am in the process of swapping a 514" Cadillac into. I liked the car/platform but hated the motor and fuel injection crap so I decided to put a real motor in it. It has 10.5 compression, two carter (edelbrock) 600 carbs with adapted Ford manifold (dual plane), custom 2" headers, well ported heads, and 254/246 @ and .590 lift hydraulic flat tappet. Shooting for 525-550 HP and 600+ torque. Hope to fire it up here in a few weeks and go raise some hell. :D

You see everybody taking old cars and putting new motors in them, well I decided to do the opposite. Why anybody would want to install some fuel injected whiz bang crap in an old, simple car is beyond me. I just want a car that looks good, goes good, and is fun to work on.

Here is a couple (old) pictures for those who are interested. I really need to take some new ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HellCat

HellCat

Im from Alabama too, but I know Cadillacs and Fords mix as well as peanutbutter and crabs.
    Welcome to the HAMB!!

3. shiftless

shiftless

What do you mean by that? haha

4. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Well That Is A Switch ! That Should Get Them Scratching There Head's. Welcome To A Kool Site.