Register now to get rid of these ads!

Going To Get My Motor And Got A Ticket,any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BERARDO MUCCI, Feb 27, 2007.

1. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i got pulled over a while back on my way to get my 429 caddy(pics of webers on intake i built attached).cop pulled me over cause my trailer plate really fell off that night,unbeknownst to me.he couldnt nail me on that so he nailed me 365.00 on my license being expired. i just got stickers at the mto kiosk for 3 of my vehicles and no flashing light came on to tell me it had expired.i have gone to the kiosk before with no luck getting stickers cause i didnt have an e test,so wtf about a valid license.the traffic cop was being a real f#$%in dink with me in front of my kids.i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions since i have to go to court tomorrow.i have a clean record and it was an honest overview by my part but come on $365.00.mto usually sends out reminders that i never got but the cop said its not their problem,i told him that maybe they shouldnt send these f%$^in reminders if they are only going to do it once in a while, i would have probably checked the thing more often.how many people really check when their license expires? for the record i was not a dink to the cop until AFTER i got the ticket.

any legal suggestions will be greatly appreciated.(you know what i can get for the 429 with $365.00)

Attached Files:

2. OK. I apologize for bragging, but I'm not a lawyer.

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

Is it up to date now? If not, likely not much you can do. Canada is a different equation. I've gotten out of an expired inspection sticker fine using the excuse you did but only because I showed proof I had got the car inspected the next day.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ours here in Michigan expire on our birthday so its really hard to forget the date.;)

There is no reason for the cop to be a dink, especially in front of impressionable children BUT put yourself in his place, he's probley heard every excuse that ever was.....thousands of times.

As far as the children go, please take a minute, if you haven't already, and explain that the police officer was just doing his job and that Daddy simply fogot and didn't do anything wrong on purpose, that it was an honest mistake but when people make mistakes there are consquences and unfortunantly Daddy has to pay for forgetting to renew his license. You really don't want the children to think of the police as a "not nice person" because he gave Daddy a ticket. The last thing you want is the children to have a negative impression regarding the police from this incident.

Good luck in court tomorrow.

5. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i was pulled over saturday night,got it renewed monday..i should add im not looking to get out of it scott free but i was thinking maybe $100.00 for their troubles.

adjustable johnson,ok im not a lawyer,i dont get it?

6. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

i did explain to the kids that i got pulled over for good reason and that its their job.im somewhat of a responsible parent, i think? but i need ticket related help,forget the kids.lol

also i wasnt feeding the cop a pile of s$%t,i HONESTLY lost the plate and was telling him i really didnt know my license was expired.i offered to park the car and bus it home to avoid the ticket but instead he took my license,gave me the ticket and let me drive off.now whos responsible?tow my car if its that important to drive with no license.

7. Gigantor

Gigantor

Never ever ever flip a cop shit - especially if you intend to contest it in court. If the officer does not show up to your court date, it's common practice in most states to either dismiss the charge (especially if you have ratified the problem (your license in this case) or at least reduce the severity of the fine. But if you make a stink, bet on seeing Mr. Popo at court in the morning - he won't miss the chance to see the book thrown at you for nothing. Ask me how I know this. Yes, sir, officer. No, sir, officer. Kissing a little pig butt for a few minutes of your life wont kill you and goes a long way to smoothing out those transactions. That's why I believe I've gptten off with WAY too many warnings for everything to getting pulled over by the same cop for the same offence (warning both times) to getting pulled over for what could fairly be called Criminal Speeding, an arrestable offence. He cut 15 mph off my actual speed, so the ticket was practically a joke. SO,
    play nice. You may not like it, but it was your license that was expired, you should buck up and thank him for bringing that to your attention, and apologize. Call me a kiss-ass, but it works, I swear.

8. BERARDO MUCCI

BERARDO MUCCI

bin der,dun dat.i learned one thing about kissing copper ass,it doesnt help,atleast for me.im a nice guy until i look in my rear view and see the infamous head tilt.no hes not stretching either ,hes writing my f$%^&in ticket.thats when mr.hyde comes out.back some time ago i was ready to go toe to toe with a cop until back up showed up.lucky for him(lol)and come to think of it ,it was for not having a plate on the front of my car.but that was in my younger rebelious days.

9. ray

ray
    from colorado

did you at least renew your license in the meantime? that is your best bet to get any sympathy from the judge.

10. Ahh damn, just DAMN! I just had Coca-cola come out of my nose.