Register now to get rid of these ads!

GREAT news for So-Cal Nostalgia Drags!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Feb 8, 2007.

1. The American Nostalgia Drag Racing Association is proud to announce our 2007 Classic Series schedule!

April 14
    ANRA Season Opener
    LACR, Palmdale, CA

June 23
    ANRA Summer Nationals
    FAMOSO RACEWAY, Bakersfield, CA

August 25
    ANRA Cool August Nights
    FAMOSO RACEWAY Bakersfield, CA

November 10-11
    ANRA Classic Finals
    FAMOSO RACEWAY, Bakersfield, CA

Yep. You read that right. FAMOSO RACEWAY!
    this really is a dream come true for us and a real caveat for Sportsman Nostalgia Racing in California.
    Huge thanks to Blake and John Bowser for the opportunity to run at this historic and fabled strip!

our format will remain the same for 2008.
    Nostalgia Eliminator 1 (7.60 index)
    Nostalgia Eliminator 2 (8.60 index)
    Nostalgia Eliminator 3 (9.60 index)

A/Gas (7.60 index)
    B/Gas (8.60 index)
    C/Gas (9.60 index)
    D/Gas (10.60 index)

Hot Rod Eliminator (9.99-11.99 bracket)
    Sportsman Eliminator (12.00-16.99 bracket)
    Open Wheel Eliminator (9.99-15.99 bracket)

for 2008 we're testing the waters for HA/GRs and Early Gas Dragsters.
    at all three of our Famoso dates we are inviting any and all HA/GRs and early gas dragsters, altereds and roadsters to participate in an exhibition class. it will be a non-competitive (grudge) class with a guaranteed number of runs offered throughout the day. we're gonna run with it and see what happens.

the class is open to HA/GRs as outlined on the Hamb Drags website, as well as inline and flathead powered slingshots, altereds and roadsters which meet NHRA safety standards.

As always, HAMB members are my guest at ANRA events.
    HAMB Alliance members recieve 4 complimentary spectrator admissions
    and HAMB members receive 2 complimentary spectator admissions.
    We're planning on trying to come up with other HAMB perks like setting up a HAMB preferred parking area at the top end of the track in the Grove for members who drive their traditional rod or custom to the events.

Mark these events on your calender and we'll see you there!

2. Rckt98

Rckt98

That's next years events and the web site shows last years dates, wondering what is on this year.

3. Lancer

Lancer

Free admission sounds pretty sweet to me.

4. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

If you are referring to the HAMB class...as we have said since 2006....you show up with one, you'll get some runs...until we seem them, can't run 'em....

5. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

ANRA/HAMB Nationals....hmmm......there's a thought

6. Good on you guys. The HAMB deal is just icing on the cake. ANRA races are big time fun. Drag racing is about the people and the ANRA gang knows that.

I can assure you there will be discussion at the Viper Pit this March about throwing all our spares in a pile and seeing if we can come up with a HA/GR. If you make a place, the HAMBsters will come…

7. smokindave

smokindave

June in Bakersneck...I'm melting already. Can us photographers "get all acess" for shooting? Maybe I will throw a BBQ at my house some for the HAMBers

8. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

I guess all the races can't be between March and May....makes for a short season...LOL

We will work with all photogs (well, most...lol)......

9. the greenskeeper

the greenskeeper
    from Indy

Good Luck to the ANRA in 2007. Looks like they have a great year lined up as well! Hope we get to do the East vs West deal one of these years!!

10. JRV

JRV
    from So Cal

Troy......you were reading my mind. I was already cooking up a Nor Cal vs So cal event...not sure how or when, but the idea is out there.....