Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Lifetime Worth Of Model A's And Parts For Sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DLCFords, Feb 22, 2007.

1. DLCFords

DLCFords
    from Cincinnati

A Huge collection of model A's, parts, license plates, and other automobilia is going to be auctioned in Cincinnati on March 24 2007. Take a look at this link for a preview.

http://www.hiltonauctioneer.com/act01.html

Thanks, Dan

Attached Files:

2. Patdoody

Patdoody

That is one hell of a collection.

3. Sprout

Sprout

Way to kool

4. Wildfire

Wildfire

Shnikeys! That's a lot of parts!

5. synthsis

synthsis

can i call dibbs on everything? there, i just did it.dibbs!

6. LeeKustoms

LeeKustoms
    from earth

wow, only in my dreams.

7. nastynotch347

nastynotch347

Plan on paying top $$$$ there!!!

8. ....yep....looks like the ol' "gonna fix em up one of these days"....just came and went...and nuthin' got done.....makes me wanna get mine on the road sooner than later, before my shit winds up in some auctioneers hands......

9. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

They are also having a fairly large cars and parts auction March 3 and 4. Top dollar is right, probably more than top dollar!

10. brandon

brandon

larry and the boys have some nice stuff.....dave was a hard one to deal with though....lol sad to hear he died.....they were fun to work for .....and larry's wife made some tasty easter baskets.....:D brandon

11. DLCFords

DLCFords
    from Cincinnati

NVRRDUNN, You are right. Dad had lots of plans for all this. Although not all of it was for projects, he just liked to find and collect. He started hunting this stuff in 1954. He thought if he got enough stuff, one day he would have "the only one left". Unfortunately diabetes has taken his vision and mobility. He can't enjoy his hobby anymore so it's time to share it with other enthusiasts. His collection is mostly Model A's but we have uncovered a bunch of stuff for cars and trucks throughout the 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's. I think there will be some parts bargains for many at this auction. There is also a whole bunch of license plates. Mostly Ohio, but I have seen other states and even other countries. The transporting, sorting and organizing of all this has a huge undertaking. We will probably be busy right up untill auction time.

Not pictured in the flyer:
    There will me a Model A Coupe street rod project. I think it has been chopped It was being set up for a small block Ford motor that is with it. There will also be a 1973 Ford Truck with a blown big block with two fours. It has rescently been running, but not completed.

Thanks all of you for looking, I hope to see you on March 24th,
    Dan

12. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

just keep Sanford and Son from PA away from there. there will be nothing left for the rest....

13. 5window

5window

I always hate auctions where there's a buyer's premium. They're already charging the seller. How many ways do they want to rip people off? For taking five minutes to sell something and fill out a paper keeping track of it, that entitles them to 15-20%?

Too bad the folks selling this collection couldn't find a fair deal-just my rant.

14. sawzall

sawzall

just noticed..

10% Buyer's Premium in Effect. care to elaborate?

15. fatabone

fatabone

Sanford and Son are thinking of going. That buyers premium sucks!

16. DLCFords

DLCFords
    from Cincinnati

As we were shopping around for an auctioneer, it seemed the buyers premium was standard in this type of auction. In fact the 10% BP is very reasonable compared to some.

Sawzall, With a 10% buyers premium, if I am the winning bidder at $100 it will actually cost $110 with the extra $10 going to the auctioneer.

Come on down Sanford and Son, I thought my dad was the only one interested in this volume of parts.

Dan

17. Terry

Terry

My Grandma wants to know what they want for the old man!

18. Clark

Clark

DLC...around here we don't have buyers premiums much. It will have an effect on how much I bid.
    Clark

19. mhilton

mhilton
    from cinti oh

Thanks for allowing us access to your site. Hope to see lots of you there.
    They're still unpacking and adding things, more pictures to come. I hope the one misinformed ranter doesn't scare buyers away. We make an honest living by working hard before, during, and after the sale. It's really no one's business but the seller's and mine, but just to let those who think they know...I am NOT getting it from the buyer and the seller.
    See ya'll in Detroit or Columbus!
    Hilton Auctioneers & Hilton Family Racing
    Mike Hilton Auctioneer (513) 769-3049

20. rodrelic

rodrelic

[QUOTE See ya'll in Detroit or Columbus!
    Hilton Auctioneers & Hilton Family Racing
    Mike Hilton Auctioneer (513) 769-3049
    1[/QUOTE]

It isn't rocket science to figure out if you won't go over 100 for an A frame, then 90 bucks is your actual limit. In the communist state of new york have to mentally add almost that much more for sales penalty tax.
    Some auctioneers go by a percentage of the sale from the sellers estate and no premium.
    Some are well enough off to buy an entire estate and run it through their house at discretion, most lucrative.
    There are several hard working auctioneers in our area, one a friend from school. It isn't as easy as it looks and there is always at least one butthead in the crowd. Thieves, vandals, playing hide-the-goodie-in-the-box-lot, etc... make for a long day.
    A long trip for me but I hope to attend somehow, need a few things.