Register now to get rid of these ads!

##australian Swap Meet Pictures-ballarat Super Southern Swap##

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatoz, Feb 25, 2007.

1. flatoz

flatoz

I spent the weekend at the Ballarat swap, this is Australias biggest swap. I have been going to this swap every year since its inception and love it.

I didnt buy too much this year, but that is a good thing, as I still havent sorted my motor out, so saving the dollars was wise, and I didnt see any thing I 'really' needed.

I go up on the friday and meet my old man there, we got there about 8.30am and when we left they were closing the gate at 6.20 pm we walked all day and got around it once.

PEDDRO came back to my parents place to save him the trip back to Melbourne and I managed to get the old man to show some slides from his trip to the US in the 60's, so look out for a post on that soon. I had some angry birds and a few cevezas and felt less than respectable in the morning. but lined up saturday and walked it all over again.

here are a few things that I thought to take pictures off.

the drive up was shadowed in fog, its summer here, so this was a bit freaky, this is the outlook at sparrows fart.

[​IMG]

TAWCO flathead boat intake

[​IMG]

A stuff, as you can see the day cleared pretty quickly

[​IMG]

Y not a Y??

[​IMG]

I loved this thing, I'm not a restorer, but it was cherry.

[​IMG]

moordoor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I REALLY want one.

[​IMG]

seems they made more than one brand in this year???

[​IMG]

good start

[​IMG]

now this was interesting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y block with thunderbird valve covers. coooool

[​IMG]

BUT WAIT.

its in an early falcooon.

[​IMG]

NOW THIS IS COOL...

[​IMG]

2. Thanks for the pics Corey it's great to see the stuff that was available at the swap as I didn't move more than a 100 yard radius from my swap site.

By the way your old man reckons you are a piker for going home so early on Saturday.

And for anyone that hasn't been to this swap it's only a lazy 9 mile walk to get around it.

Binga

3. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dangit, missed another one, well that makes all but one so far........
    Cool pics.................. reminds me of how poor I am.......
    Cheers,
    Doc.

(Oh, yeah. And why)

4. tmf

tmf

Corey the weather looks just like i remeber it every time i go 4 seasons in one day. That falcon looks interesting, dont know about the rear wheel arches though.

5. That's the beauty of Ballarat if you don't like the weather just wait 5 mins and it changes.:D

Binga

6. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for your report Cory. Was the Falcon for sale ? how much ?
    Whats wrong with the wheel arches ?
    Cheers Dago . :)

7. that falcon looks bitchin! spewin' i couldnt make it up there this weekend, ive got more than my fair share of shit to play with right now though. so, next year.

8. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

Hey Dago,
    You missed one seriously hot day. The fog cleared abot 8am and it was damm hot by 10:30.

The falcon was an ex USA gasser from the 60's. The guy had $6,800 on it and apparently the guards were cut like that cause it saved time when they put it together...at least that is what he said!

I would have liked that quick change rear end, I walked past it a couple of times but just couldn't come up with the cash... Hey, it happens !!!!

Lakepipes

9. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool Corey, Im loving that gasser.

10. flatoz

flatoz

I thought that the gasser was $9,800 but cant rightly remember.

didnt think it was that hot. Friday was hotter but still better than alot

of fridays I have attended. some good stuff but alot of junk, not that that seems unusual now.

11. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Was gunna go, but saving my cash for rego - tired of waiting for the SR rego thing to sort itself out.

Is Bendigo still going - how would you compare the two

12. lakepipes

lakepipes
    from australia

I was there on friday and yeah it was hot!

The gasser was $6,800... I took a picture of the for sale sign, it beats writin it down and you can't stuff it up!
    Ever had a mate read the number out to you, only to find out the number is wrong when you ring cause your mate can't read?
    It's the mixture of the social gathering Thursday night and the coma on friday morning...........

13. Nice pix Flatoz. Bummer I couldnt get there due to work commitments.

Hmmm what are those side bells I spotted in the third pic off? Whose QC is that on the tailgate ?

Rat

14. flatoz

flatoz

mate,

they were T model from memory

15. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

damn you....I went to a swapmeet this morning that looked nothing like that...SNOW everywhere!

16. I'll get my lazy arse to one of these one day. February is just too busy for me with other shit... Thanks for the pix Corey.