Register now to get rid of these ads!

Colorado guys need emissions help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.D., Feb 21, 2007.

1. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

I am getting ready to get tags again for my 1941 Ford. From what I remember a couple of years back I taged a 1955 Ford truck and due to its age I didn't need to get an emissions (not even the standard one time only for the collector tags). Am I crazy or is there a year cut off for emissions on collector tags or not? I had street rod tags on the 41 before and now just want regular 5 year collectors

Thanks,
    J.D.

2. El Santo13

El Santo13

Kustom41 the cut off for emissions is '52 for those an older you should be cool if you just say its stock...if not check the states web page for info good luck

3. usedall9

usedall9

I am planning on moving to Co. Does this mean My 61' needs to be able to pass emissions??

4. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

If you get collectors tags than you have to get a one time emissions (pretty loose on pre 81 cars and trucks). I called and they said I needed the one time deal but I swear I battled with them over this on my 55 Truck and it was something like pre 56 cars and trucks didn't need it, the lady on the phone wont look it up and the website says I need it as well. Just want to double check.

5. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

I thought it was something like that, thanks

6. El Santo13

El Santo13

If you guys need "help" with your emissions i.e. str8 pipes or big carb jets let me know "i gotta guy that helps with those matters"

7. Terraizer

Terraizer

usedall9, depends on where you are moving in Colorado. i think only Denver and Colorado Springs has emissions, i'am 38 miles south west of Colorado Springs and we don't have to have any emissions. I know for a fact Pueblo County and Fremont County don't I heard Colorado Springs is going to deleat there emissions program.

8. usedall9

usedall9

Terraizer, Thanks for the info....
    I'm planning on moving some where around Co. springs....

9. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

JD, I never did emissions on the 53. Neither did Justin or Sean on thiers. Just dont tell them shit and walk in with your paperwork. When I plated the 53 the cutoff date for one time emissions was 1958.

10. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Emissions testing ended in Co. Sprs. the first of this yr.

11. dave s

dave s

yeah, there are no more emissions testing in colorado after the first of the year. now its just an inspection. and you dont need an inspecton if its registered as a collector vehicle. unless your getting a title, then yo have to have a vin inspection. but it doesnt sound like that pertains to you.

12. colorado51

colorado51

I will need help getting this to pass in a month or two.....
    [​IMG]

13. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

Thanks Aaron, that is what I thought, that pos red truck I never had emissions and it was the only car I actually ran the correct plates on.

14. 54BOMB

54BOMB

When I first registered the my 54 they did it with out a test but a year later I went to get my tags renewed and they told me I needed a test. I went back and tried to talk to a few different people just in case one made a mistake but they wouldnt let me get tags with out a test. I moved right after that so I never followed up with it.

15. El Santo13

El Santo13

I got you homie just let me know when and I'll need a pic of your set up and we'll go to the northside and take care of it

16. Ichoptop

Ichoptop

Dave, that thing will pass everything but a gas station.

until I put the blower and big slicks on....hahahaha

17. ray

ray
    from colorado

here's what the colorado state emissions website says, these are exemptions, so for most of us, if we put collector plates on our cars we are exempt, regular plates, gotta test. think they'll believe we're runnin 2 strokes in our rods?

it pays to always know the law before you go to the DMV.

18. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

hey Ray do you have the exact link to that page so I can print it off and take it with me, the page the lady on the phone didn't have a list like that. I printed this page put is says HAMB on the top of it when I print selected.

Thanks

19. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

20. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

well it looks like due to the fact that it is pre 1943 I can just get horseless carriage plates with no emissions

21. ray

ray
    from colorado

i pee emmed you.

here it is for anybody else:

http://www.aircarecolorado.com/requires.htm

22. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA