Register now to get rid of these ads!

Evolution of a REAL hotrod roadster... *PICS*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kruzer63, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Very nice Brent... How about an up date on your lowboy sedan.

2. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Oh another post on the Sedan is comin, dont worry, just been workin my butt off on it lately so i will have a batch of new pics to post sometime soon here.

3. Very nice post thanks for sharing the pics and the story. Nice to see the evolution of a family hot rod!

4. Tubster

Tubster

Well Kruser 53 that was a great writeup on your dads car and I can look back and think of it as a prevalige to have helped with some of the later builds and to have worked with and been a friend for over the past 30 some plus years.Once again great post........TUBSTER

5. SimonSez

SimonSez

The 34 sedan belongs to Desoto here on the HAMB.

Here are some pics on his webshotes page, http://rides.webshots.com/album/13556610bcqJzxGmxQ

6. DKcoupe

DKcoupe

Nice post Brent. Ernie's always been one of the mainstays of rodding on the prairies. We're still looking for those Buick portholes for him by the way.

7. Hey, thanks for the pm heads up on the post. Just happened to heva the day off (first time in my working career that I've had Pres Day off).

Hey, Tombstone, didn't know that wuz you. How've ya been?

That run in Winnipeg had to have been one of the best I've ever been to in 30+ years. Dennis and Sue O'Brien and me and my ex drove out there from Mass in record time. If you get the chance, stop by their booth at the Nats and ask Sue about the Wawa Campground and her sense of time.

Off to the accountant to get my taxes done.

catch ya later.

8. Talky

Talky
    from Calgary

wish my dad was into cars like that...once he sold off his done up 69 ford truck he didnt play with anything highperformance but hill climbing snowmobiles...but he knows enough that he can help me alot!

9. 1929rats

1929rats

Wow.....awesome POST!

thanks for the post and the pics!

10. awesome story very cool to see the whole history! thanks

11. Rand Man

Rand Man

A rodder's work is never done.

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I just love tracing the history of a car, or anything for that matter.
    Love the first picture, is that a Turkish flag painted on the door???

13. TT66'

TT66'

Awesome post. Love those vintage pics. What a great history you've been able to collect.

14. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

Hey back to ya, Destoto.... Again didn't know this wuz you:) :) Great to hear from you after all this time!!! Last time we hooked up wuz back in '98 goin' to B'ville at good ol' Tex's place in Driggs!!! Hope you are still doin' the siren thing!!!:D :D :D I didn't know the "boy" wuz posted this old stuff on the roadster. I must say I am humbled by all the wonderful responces to this post!!! Will be sending a pm to ya soon.
    Once again thanx to all for the nice comments!!!:D

15. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

Have no idea what that was all about at the time.... everybody asks. However the old body had 'bout 40 plus bullet holes in it!!!:confused: :confused:

16. Awesome.

It's great that your dad kept the car for all these years and that you got to enjoy it as well.

I hope that my son will have a similar story in years to come. I brought him home from the hospital in my car and he loves going for rides in it. He falls asleep straight away! (he's only 15months old) :)

Great story, great car. Thanks for sharing it.

17. steevil

steevil

18. ig'nant

ig'nant

Amazing! Thanks for posting the pics and descriptions.

All my old man ever drove was turd Suburbans, heheh.

19. The Big M

The Big M

20. Wow, we were probably a couple of cars back in the 1974 pic. The 34 panel was in gray primer then (as it was for it's first 40,000 miles.) The 34 Dodge was a couple from MO with a cute baby boy that was about a year old then so I guess he'd be about 34 now! I remember the guy cast dentures for a living.

Great to see the life history of a rod over a 40 year span. That's about how long Skip's has been on the road, while ours has only been on the road for 34 years and 304,000 miles.

Great post!

Dennis & Sue

21. gear27

gear27

Great post love the history!!

22. Dirk35

Dirk35

Freak'n cool history!
    Skip has help me with more than one wiring question on the RRT. Great guy. Must run in the family.

23. Fry

Fry
    from SK, Canada

Great post, I seen the roadster in the current version a few years ago here in Swift. Really nice history there.

24. awsome story.I hope it's a simular one for my kids when they are older.

25. HOTTRODZZ

HOTTRODZZ

I have seen SO MANY projects die on the vine...!

Seeing your rod go through all its morf-ings AS time past & it keeps comin back for more was SO - SO - SO - fn COOL......!!!!!!!!!

26. Awesome story, Brent.

27. HulaZombie

HulaZombie

:p Great post !! Love the shot at Yosemite. The car in the tent is cracks me up !

28. gonzo

gonzo

Man this is what its all about!

29. 4 6 deed it

4 6 deed it

I'm proud to say!! I have riding in that car and consider the Welta's as my friends.. the one time I'll never forget in that roadster We drove in a massive wind and rain storm( My first one in a roadster in a storm) Passing Semis the rooster tails coming of the tires we laughed and wooped it up the whole way home... Thanks Ernie if you had not preserved that car for all those years I woulda never had that great experience.

30. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

Very cool!!! Thanks for sharing!!!