Register now to get rid of these ads!

John Deere gas tank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shagrat, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Shagrat

Shagrat

I'm still gathering parts for my 47 Dodge truck.
    How do you think this tank will look mounted in the front of the bed? It's off a Model 55 JD combine. I'm not sure what year exactly, but somewhere between the late 40's-early 60's.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

That is a cool tank! It should look perfect in you pickup especially if you go with the original mounts. Great find!

Rex

3. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Big Daddy Roth would be proud of you. I met him at the first Americruise Springfield, Mo. in '93. He thought it was pretty cool to be in the midwest where we had some big farm equipment junkyards. It was a rainy weekend and nobody got far off the road for fear of getting stuck but it gave me a chance to get to know him and to find out how inspired he was going through junkyards.

4. RAGENRAT638

RAGENRAT638

looks like it might even have baffling in it for those hard turns.. the fill holes even on the correct side.
    how kools that :)

5. Shagrat

Shagrat

Yeah, it's got baffles.
    I've noticed a lot of interesting parts on old farm equipment. I also grabbed a tank from an old Massey-Harris tractor. It'll look good narrowed, shortened and mounted on my Honda 750 chopper!

6. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I hate combines. Parts disposals.........eats and eats and eats parts. Best use of one I ever saw.

Farm equipment is GREAT and even the new stuff comes in REAL handy. Cruise your local tractor shops or stores for ideas on ALL sorts of things!

[​IMG]

7. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It would be better if it had john deere embossed on it . cool tank