Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full time Navy, Part time Rodder and Builder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jspencer916, Feb 18, 2007.

1. jspencer916

jspencer916

Hey guys, new to the HAMB. Just wanted to introduce myself and see if there was anyone in my area looking for Rodders to hang out with. I'm 29, been in the Navy for 11 years. Was on submarines, now going to school to be a Navy Pilot. Stationed in Milton, FL now, just north of Pensacola. I've been working on and building cars and bikes for about 15 years now and have worked at a few hotrod, restoration, and chopper shops. I've got a few toys right now that I am working on when I'm not in class or in the plane. Hopefully some of my experience will be usefully to you guys. If anyone is in the Florida Panhandle area, drop me a line.

Attached Files:

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

welcome,cool toys you got there

3. jspencer916

jspencer916

Thanks. I'm pretty excited about my 29 Model A right now. I've been pretty busy with Navy stuff over the last year or so and have been away from home a lot, so I've been itching to get back to work on it. I just finished putting a new subframe and floorpan in it so it's a lot more driveable now. I'm currently rebuilding an intake with a pair of holley ECG's and tooling some leather seat covers.
    I'm pretty stoked to have heard about the HAMB. I've already done some searching and found some damn good info.

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Woah! Cool stuff, Welcome aboard.

28oak

5. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Hi Cool A Sub ! I Like Your Coupe And The Bike !!!!!!!!! Just Say'in Welcome.

6. jspencer916

jspencer916

Just sold my chopper and picked up a new project. The bike wasn't very family friendly, so I figured I'd put together a Family Cruiser that would fit the wife and our two sons.

So here it is, still on the trailer from the trip to pick it up. Lots to do to get her up to par. She's pretty original just worn out.

[​IMG]

7. Welcome from wisconsin.Love the "a".Poste more pics!

8. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

i know its a little late, but welcome to the hamb from a west coast sailor. you break 'em, i fix 'em cool deal! i'm a airframe mechanic so go easy on those birds! you going to east or west coast once you get done with school?

9. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

I smell SQUID!!!

Hahahaa good to see some more Navy dudes...like myself.... on here. Welcome to the HAMB.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

fisrt off, THANKS!!!!
    second , nice rides man and welcome to the HAMB!

11. banzaitoyota

banzaitoyota

Trading in your Dolphins for "Skid Marks in the Sky"?? For Shame!!!!

12. jspencer916

jspencer916

So I finally got some time to start playing the 1949 Fleetline .

Wanted to see just how much travel the suspension had before it bottomed out on the bump stops. Here's a shot with the front springs removed and the rear leafs disconnected.

I think I'm diggin the look, now I just need to cut and weld a bunch of shit to get it to run down the road like that.

[​IMG]

13. Model A Nut

Model A Nut

Hey there, Crestview, Fl here. Like the coupe. Welcome from another newbie.....