Register now to get rid of these ads!

the bumper shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead fred, Feb 18, 2007.

1. flathead fred

flathead fred

Anybody use The Bumper Shop, they are out of L.A.? Did a search but did not see them anywhere.

Thanks

2. Gman0046

Gman0046

Never heard of the Bumper Shop but have bought stuff from Mike the Chrome Guy who advertises in Hemming's. Good price and was satisfied with the quality. I believe he's out of L.A.

3. Did you mean Bumper Boyz? If so, do a SEARCH on 'em before you do any business.

4. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I saw these guys at the Indy swap meet last month standing outside in the cold. I'm not saying it's the same group as Bumper Boys but their displays, literature etc. looked like theirs. Bumper Boys were inside as well. I don't know if a couple guys left and started on their own or what, but with the cost of chrome these days I'd rather spend the extra and make sure you are getting quality.

Bill

5. bigrig

bigrig
    from miami,fl

i don't know anything about them, or know anyone who has used them, but i have seen pics of some of their custom stuff and looked real nice.
    the bumper shop 800 831 4421

6. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

they are pretty decent/real quick service if you can catch them at a swapmeet you dont have to pay shipping either!!

7. If its the Bumper Boyz out of So-Cal,they also have a sister co. up here in Nor-Cal.From what i have seen and heard from others,their chrome is shit.I talked to one of the main guys(David) at Pleasanton Goodguys a while back about 49 Plymouth bumpers for my Dodge and he didnt want to give me the time of day.When he finally did show me some of their work,i just laughed and walked away.Anyone else have this problem with these guys?

8. Ramblux

Ramblux

The Bumper Shop is the same family as The Bumper Boyz, and they do some of each other's work from time to time. IIRC the owner of TBS is the brother of the owner of TBB. Make your call.

9. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

The bumper boys at the swap meets have a bad rep. I saw info posted on a board a few years ago and they have a bad rep with the BBB and if you send something in to have it chromed and wait on it mail order It might not even be your original parts.
    I saw somewhere a guy had an original German VW bumper that was a hard to find item. He gave it to them at a swap meet and they shipped him a chinese repop VW bumper and wouldnt answer his calls.
    If they have what you want and you look it over maybe buy it but I wouldnt give them anything and let them take it.
    There chrome work is done in mexico, well IM told this.

10. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

have used a few in so cal if someone knows of a really good shop that does good work please post.. most of what I have seen has to be sent back 2 or 3 times to get it right.....

11. Ramblux

Ramblux

THEIR CHROME WORK IS NOT DONE IN MEXICO!!! I hate The Bumper Boyz and The Bumper Shop as much as the next guy, but I hate misinformation even more. I have been through their plating facilities, more than most people have ever seen. They just take a lot of shortcuts that yield an inferior product.

If their chrome was done in Mexico it would actually be a lot better and cheaper -- fewer, if any, regulations to deal with.

12. ramrod2624

ramrod2624

I hate to bad mouth anyone, but ive used them and if you want to know what I think....then pm me.

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

bumper shop and bumper boyz are one in the same.
    I found out the hard way.
    I had heard to stay away from the bumper boyz, they are bad news.
    I had my bumpers done by the bumper shop in L.A. the chrome started to peeled in 3 months.

14. Zombilly

Zombilly

Do these guys give any warrenty? Has anyone gone back to Pomona or wherever they did business and try to get a refund?

15. madmax

madmax
    from Calif.

I have used the bumper shop/ bumper boyz in the past. The best shop we have sound is Astro Plating and Polishing in North Hollywood Ca ( on Lankersine Blvd). Owner is Jesse and has a shop in Van Nuys also. VanNuys store does the plating & No. Hollywood does the polishings.
    He does all our SCOT Blowers, Navarro, Offy, Arduns, Cragars etc. and we have been very happy with his quality,time and price.
    We refered Speedway Engineering for their quick changes and they are happy as well.
    Nice guy, tell him Max from H & H refered you, I think you will be happy with his work, and yes over the years we have tried a lot of shops.