Register now to get rid of these ads!

big, fat, and very toothy.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobsterboy X, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Hello everyone.

I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now, and now, i have some questions for you guys...

I recently got this 1950 buick super from another hamb'r, it was in need of some help, i did what i had to do and got it to daily driving status. ive been slowly working to get this car exactly the way i want it and so far, ive been pretty satisfied.

[​IMG]

the only problem im having with my new baby is that its afraid of the ground.

my knowhow mostly revolves around 54-64 cadillacs seeing as how i used to work at a vintage cadillac parts shop here in los angeles.

this is my first car with kingpins
    this is my first car that has lever action shocks
    this is my first car that still runs on 6 volt
    this is my first car without a v8, but it does have 8 in a row!

ive already done a bunch of stuff to it, namely i got it pinstriped yesterday by mad mike- not the one from pimp my ride, but one of the best old timer pinstripers around. the visor and a bunch of other little lowrider-esque crap. the next step is lowering.

does anyone know anyplace that makes...perhaps a balljoint conversion?
    will drop spindles for a chevy bolt up?
    and does anyone have the elusive 41 dual carb intake plus carbs or know where i can begin to look? ive heard also that edmunds made an intake awhile back.

basically, i need to know how to lower this car while keeping in mind im not too up on these lever shocks and kingpins. i already got a quote on new lower springs..but will that be enough and will that be...i hate to say this...safe?

anyways, on with the pictures, thanks 53baldmohawk- i love this fucking car

[​IMG]

it looks a little diffrent now, its got some 54 buick caps on and the pinstripes.

[​IMG]
    the cadillac is jealious

[​IMG]

so thanks in advance for your help!

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what's that piece of wood bolted to the firewall? covering a vent hole?

3. 59NASH

59NASH

There was a guy on ebay selling drop spindles, or some kind of lowering bracket for buicks. It may have been for the 40's era cars. I tried searching but I could'nt find them again.

4. Judd

Judd

I think the Fatman drop spindles fit 39 to 56 Buicks.

5. 53baldmohawk

53baldmohawk
    from Valencia

Hey Danny, it's very wierd seeing my car on here or what was my car, it looks great i'll see you at Bobs on friday.:)

6. Save what's gonna amount to a LOT of money- It looks damn GOOD the way it sits. If anyone pulls out a tape measure and measures your rocker to ground clearance, kick 'em in the ass HARD while they're bent over- then start laughin' like you're right the fuck outta yer mind...:)