Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie's 31 A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Chopperman

Chopperman

you're a tool.

2. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hey Rich hopes this helps. It was weird it looked fine on my computer at home but now that I am at work I had to scroll also.
    Thanks for the support guys, I enjoy this board, (both getting and giving ideas), it sucks when someone comes along and shits in your cheerios you know?

3. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Hey Eddie nice job your doing, Havn't seen this build before but i will keep looking.

Steve.

4. Why are you raggin this guys ass? Do I really give a shit if he copied somebody elses build??? NO!!! He's doing a sensational job. Just about everything that can be done to a 30's vintage rod has been done before. Does that take away from the ingenuity and ability of someone to produce their own version of a build they admired. Absolutely not.

5. brown n down

brown n down

WOW, great work so far!! dont know how i misse this thread, but im subscribing!

6. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I was thinking the same thing. Really cool car, though. Get it done and do some burnouts!!

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Time for an update, been working on a bunch of crap that doesn't photo well. Here is a shot of the fuel cell batery, and radiator all mounted. Its getting really tight back there.

[​IMG]

8. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

After making the mount I had a good rack to finish pressure testing the tank and putting in the tank sealor. Not necessarily very pretty, but what the hell you can't see the thing.

[​IMG]

9. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Here is a shot of the finished pedal assembly. I really don't recomend this set up as it doesn't leave alot of room for your toes sticking up, But as long as your not 6' 4 with your legs sticking straight out its fairly comfortable.
    [​IMG]

10. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

check that, not quite finished I still have to hook up the throttle

11. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

On Saturday I had the car up all day and got the brake lines all in and hooked up to the master, as well as the clutch. Put in the hard lines for the collant system, just needs the rubber

[​IMG]

12. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Put the tank, battery, and radiator in today. Its damn tight, this is the first time having all this in with the body on!! I had been waiting for a neck for the fuel cell, and my buddy came through for me on Fri.

[​IMG]

13. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Getting close, I can feel it!! I am waiting on Steering arm, bearings for the collumn, need some new bolts for my hair pins, gotta finish plumbing, haven't even started wiring, get the window cut down, and a whole lot of other junk
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Oh and the harness's are in.

[​IMG]

15. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Side note for everyone reading this. I appreciate all the compliments and encouragement. There are alot of things that I have rushed through that will need attention later to get them all pretty, but that will be for next winter when it comes apart for paint.

Also for those of you who have commented on the frame and didn't read the whole thread. The concept is from littleman, I really liked his frame settup so he deserves all the credit.

16. Chopperman

Chopperman

your in the zone man. Sooooooo close.

Ride looks AWESOME. I love the built in seat look.

Are you going to run a shell up front or leave it nekid ?

17. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I think you are doing a great job. And you are making a ton of progress really fast. And you are doing what lots of the critics should be doing-actually building something instead of criticizing those that are

18. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

The seats really turned out sweet. I am going to do a hard leather pad with hand tooled pinstripping, They are actually very comfortable too I think I nailled the lean angle etc.

I am going to leave the front open, although I may add a 5-8 gallon moon tank for the "dragster" look. Also my fuel cell is only 8.5-9 gallon, so the extra capacity for long hauls would be nice. Whats your latest on your fuel cell?

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks Man,

20. tjroadster

tjroadster

Eddie,
    First off nice work. I'm not working on it yet but I will be. As for now my car is wheels, tires, and engine, tranny and an idea. Oh wait, I won a steering wheel on ebay today. My idea is real similar to yours, except roadster(I'm 6'6").
    Second, I dig the vet, I saw in in a couple different stages at the wednesday night Red Robin thing. I drove the 51 merc that was bone stock.
    Either way, if you wouldn't mind I would love to come buy and take a look at this ride. I dig it, I'm new to all of this, and would like to just get ideas and input from you.

Once again, nice work.

21. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks. shoot me a pm your welcome to stop by anytime. I am usually in the garage most weekends (and too many evenings)

22. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

So in a classic example of shoot first ask questions later. I decided to do some research on cowl steering. It seemed very simple at first glance, now that I have read up, I think I may have made a boo-boo or two. My hairpins are too short and my draglink is not parrallel to the ground/hairpins. I can solve both of these fairly easily if need be. I am so close to driving it, I'll wait and see what happens. Easy to fix. Tie rod is in front of the axle. Not so easy to fix. Frame is too low to get it behind there without putting a bend in it. The bend would be slight, so maybe not a problem.

Search function is your friend.

I finally got all the steering together last night and it does turn very nice with minimal effort at the wheel. We'll see what happens.

23. CHRIS 57

CHRIS 57
    from Upstate NY

24. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

How close is the steering arm to the tire? Can you heat and bend the arms outward, making the tierod longer? This will make your Ackerman issues better.[/quote]

That's a possibility. I could fake it up and see how it would do. Good suggestion Thanks

25. Chopperman

Chopperman

Updates ?

I want to see some burnouts mang

26. rat seeker

rat seeker

That thing is Awesome

27. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

IT RUNS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I terrorized the neighborhood on Sunday. No lights no windshield oh well. Engine runs GREAT! wasn't sure what to expect. I still need to get shocks on it. It does have some bump steer, not sure if I will work on it or not, have to get a few more miles on it at speed.

28. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Seats are very comfortable even without paddding I figured the bumps would hurt my ass, but it rides nice. Pedals feel awesome. Steers nice and easy. I get a shudder when letting out hte clutch, not sure where that is coming from I am assuming my four link settup?

29. 2manybillz

2manybillz

Bump steer - I think your cowl steering is mounted too high for the angle of your radius rods.

30. arkracing

arkracing

Is the cage removable? - I'd like to build something similar to that for my pickup. I like how it is bolted and not weled to the floor of the car. Do you have any pictures of the "halo" or top part of the cage and where it is tied into the back of the car?

Looks great!