Register now to get rid of these ads!

strut rod loose

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sgtlethargic, Feb 11, 2007.

1. I finally found what smacked the bottom of the Comet yesterday- a strut rod nut and washer came off! I can feel it moving some when I brake. The question is: do you think it's safe enough to drive 30 miles to where I work on my cars, or should I find a nut and washer before driving more? I'm just curious, I'm thinking I'll play it conservatively and find the hardware locally.

Thanks,
    Kurt

2. i'd sugest you fix it correctly before you drive it

3. brandon

brandon

yep...i would suggest the same thing......lol had a 63 nova that had the driverside strut rod come undone......just after a full throttle blast down the street......it made a left turn into a drive way....and never turned the wheel.....won't even mention what we were doing on the expressway the night before in the same car..........brandon

4. chopper103in

chopper103in

fix it ----better to be safe than sorry

5. rabidcustoms

rabidcustoms
    from Iowa

I had one break once on my way back home on the interstate,....was not a fun ride back, felt like the a-arm was going to leave the car, and braking .....whooooo.

fix it if you can before you move it.