Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Ford COEs - Who here has one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harrison, Feb 2, 2007.

1. How many here have a pre-49 Ford Cab Over?

JH

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

Earl Schieb has about 50 of them. :D

3. Dooey really?

JH

4. TINGLER

TINGLER

Yep.

Well some of his Fords are Dodges.

...but he's got a COE ranch.

5. That's hilarious. :D :p :D

JH

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"Well some of his Fords are Dodges..."

You'd be surprised how prevalent that problem is...after we got the '32 pickup, my wife, whose eyesight is pretty poor, bought me a "Ford pickup" sweatshirt at Hershey...the picture was kinda disorienting until I suddenly realized I could clearly read "Dodge" on the hubcaps...

She took it back and gave the vendor a lecture.

By the way, it was marked as a Ford licensed product, since it had a Ford emblem logo...I was SO pleased to find that quality control was always at the top of Ford's list...

7. rainh8r

rainh8r

I have 3, one stock, one's a planter, and one with a BBC behind the cab. I've had lots of COE's-let me know what you need.

8. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

man I love Ford COEs, let's see some pics guys!

9. 5w32

5w32

i've had three 40 fords and still have one, pm for pics

10. Anyone had any experience with these folks?

www.northernclassictrucks.com

Their COE patch panels look to be fairly nice. Prices aren't bad either.

Thanks, JH

11. nobux

nobux

Here's mine. Still waiting patiently for its turn. I have an aerostar front clip and an 8' box sitting out back to convert it into a short snub nose daily driver.

[​IMG]

12. 38pickup

38pickup

I just ordered some patch panels for my pickup, so I will tell you what I think of them when I get them.

BTW COE's Rock, I have always wanted one.

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hey Nobux, that truck is from New Ulm? Cool. My in-laws are all up in Trimont and we go up there about once a year.

congrats Harrison. I want a coe in a bad way myself. Just can't justify it... yet. :D

14. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Man nobux that truck is cool just the way she is. I would'nt hotrod that, I'd keep it factory tough. But no matter what have fun!

15. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

Ha ....reminds me when I got a parking ticket once in front of my own house. The cop wrote make/model as 'Chrysler' eventhough the car had 'Lincoln Continental' all over it! I enjoyed giving the fine department a hard time just for the fun of it.

16. Here is my in-progress 49 F-6, i have posted this pic a couple months back, been doing the brakes, steering, body mounts, etc stuff. Not too exciting as far as pics.
    [​IMG]

Mounted on a 74 GMC reg cab dually chassis, Just running a mild 350 with turbo 400.

17. Since when do new projects have to be justified?? Oh yeah, you're married...:rolleyes:

I'm jonesin' for one too. I love the way the driver sits high up in the air and with that stubby nose it'd be like driving a house from the second floor bathroom.

18. nobux

nobux

I grew up riding in this truck, the old flathead screaming through Grandpa-installed glasspacks at the 45 mph max speed. The old girl has been through it all; getting hit by a train, engine fire, and surviving a tornado. The entire shed in the picture was flattened by a huge oak tree. The COE was sitting there untouched in an arc formed by the trunk and a huge limb. Restoring it is not really an option. I hate parades, and I have enough vehicles sitting around that I hardly ever drive.

Karl

19. egg man

egg man
    from IN.

I have 2 the green 1 is done the 4 door I'm working on ,I hope to drive it to the F-100 show ..I don't know how to post picture

20. Bob Drake has a black 40. When my brother worked for Drake, one of his jobs was to take care of the COE. He sent me some photos of it and it was a really nice truck.
    Here;s a photo of my buddy, Jimmys 49. He wanted to chop it but didn't want to lessen the windshield height so he cut the B pillars and took a bunch out of the top's crown...left the windshield height stock.
    It gets a chevy 1 ton chassis and a big block.

Attached Files: