Register now to get rid of these ads!

Well... That sucked...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man, what a day... For the first time in about 6 or 7 years, we were down for longer than a few minutes... Sorry everyone... We had some serious hardware issues, but think we have most of them fixed now.

We still might be up and down a bit, but I am hoping the worst is behind us...

Thanks for your patience everyone!!!

2. screwtheman

screwtheman

Oh thank you! I was bored and was about to wander off to other sucky car forums. It was horrible. :D

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

Welcome back...we missed you!

4. Chris P

Chris P
    from Tucson

I dont know how many times the my refresh button was pressed today. Hoping that it would be back up.

5. bastadical

bastadical
    from Fenton, MI

Nice to have it back online... I did however manage to catch up on my reading at the zombie squad forum.

6. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

shit man, i just took a nap.

glad to have the hamb back, i need to have it in my day so i don't go mad!:D

7. brokeassbuilder

brokeassbuilder
    from delta

wow ive never had so much time to play with my ...dinky....... toys!!!glad to see yer upn runnin!!! :)

8. 53Heavy

53Heavy

Glad yer back....I had nothing to do at work today:D

9. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Man glad your back on. Thought I might have to talk with the wife!!!!!

10. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thank goodness, I ran out of stuff to talk to my wife about! It really was weird to have almost a whole day without the HAMB.

11. Crestliner

Crestliner

Glad your back, it made a long day.

12. I was going through HAMB withdrawls! Tired of watching Anna Nichol Smith stuff. THANK YOU,THANK YOU!

13. eric

eric

serious!! thanks for keeping this place running ryan. it's much appreciated. along with $$$$ what else can us normal joes do to help ya???

14. el chuco

el chuco

Holy crap. I feel like the electricity just came back on after being in the dark all day without the HAMB. I started contemplating going into the garage and actually working on my car. Glad you're back!

15. Hello, my name is oldcarmike and I'm a HAMBaholic...

I can't believe how much time I spend here. It's 3 degrees outside so I'm not going out in that and TV is boring so I kept coming back here every 15 minutes. How long before the DTs go away?

16. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I was surprised how much stuff I got done today with no HAMB to distract me. I usually check it a few times a day, or it take an hour or more at night to catch up with all the new postings.

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

thank god your back I'v been jones`en for the hamb all nite

18. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Ohhh Goody Goody Gumdrops!!!!!!

19. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I've had the little pm thing blinking at me all day and I couldn't see what it was! It was driving me MAD!:p Glad things are back up now though!

20. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Improvise, adapt, overcome is what we do, Or go surf ebay for tractor grills and man a fre manifolds.

21. thrasher

thrasher

i was so bored i actually went out to my garage and did something. good to see the hamb back online.

22. Yes that sucked. Thank God its back up. My wife is bitchy tonight and I'm tired of looking at her bitchy face.
    Now I can escape for a while.

Thanks Ryan!

23. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

:mad: MAN QUE PASO.....:confused:

24. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

Hey Ryan-- PM me if you need any help on the hardware front. By the way, im going to be in Austin in March to meet with Dell-- we should get together for a beer and maybe i can work on Dell to donate to the cause if its needed.

Good to see the HAMB back up.

-scott noteboom

25. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

Well, I did what you suggested Ryan and checked out the blog for the first time, and I did learn a thing or two. I like what your heads into. Your interest in the 'true' roots of hot rodding, rather than what is generally excepted "official', is admirable and rare nowadays, keeping an eye on the unusual and often forgotten -leaving no stone unturned. You are truely the 'keeper of the gospel'...........Let us now pray... Hummmm.... Hummmmm

26. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tuvimos algunos asuntos muy malos de hardware y tuvimos que agregar a más camareros. Fue muy doloroso.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I owe you dinner. Let me know a few days in advance when you get here.... I'll make plans.

28. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

THANK YOU, Ryan!

29. Well that does it!! I didn't reaolize I was an "ADICT" until I couldn't get it. I'm going to Cough up a few bucks and become an Alliance Member just in hopes my small contrubition will keep my Dealer at the same convient location. I don't want to go through this again.
    The Wizzard

30. Brad S.

Brad S.

I had no idea how addicted to this website I have become until it was completely gone for the full workday.

I for one appreciate the posting of some prime articles on the main page. Although I had read most of them already, it did occupy an hour or so going back through them. :D