Register now to get rid of these ads!

Things I don't allow in my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JOECOOL, Feb 7, 2007.

1. striper

striper

Don't do that to me!!

2. Things I don't allow in my shop :

People who whine about smoking.
    People who talk non-stop about shit they know nothing about.
    Fenders
    Boyd wheels.
    People with large stock portfolios who think they impress me and think they can buy my services.
    People who obsess over which car wax works the best...who gives a damn ?

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

If you can build race cars you can build hot rods. If i wasnt trying to get my coupe and harley moved soon (grandma is selling the house so no storage) and trying to get farther along on my roadster id for sure run up and lend a hand. I know thats no help but no bull shit if i had the time i would. if you need any verbal help pm me and ill shoot you my number. Im in Jackson so im not that far away. I built my first car a 27t frame and all and never had done a rod before. It worked fine but i did learn some things along the way. Thats actually the fun part.... learning... I remeber one night i was out in the garage swearing at my 30 model a when the wife came in. She said i thought this was supposed to be fun ? I answered it is now go back in the god dam house! Ha Ha.. slow down.. take a break.. then..give r hell....
    Dave

4. swazzie

swazzie

WOW! No Beer in your garage?

Blasphemer , BLASPHEEMER!!

5. beatcad

beatcad

whoa! i never said no beer. beer is allowed and often encuraged. as long as it's in a can. if one of those get knocked over or dropped i wont cry over spilled beer.
    i donnot like broken glass.

6. Wesley

Wesley

I just remembered thr "biggie". Do NOT spit in my shop, sometimes I have to kneel or lay down on the floor, I do not want to roll around in your slobber. Do it once and you will be asked/told to clean it up, do it a second time and you will be removed.

7. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

no rubber gloves of any kind,it's not the operating room. It will wash off whatever it is Rob

8. DeepSouthRick

DeepSouthRick

Tools made in Taiwan/China. Don't even waste my time with those. I've found antique tools, made in American back when the made tools like they used to make tools, that were cheaper than the Asian crap in stores today.

9. mercmaniac

mercmaniac

Anyone with explosive Diarrhea

10. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Aw man, i almost forgot the worst one! People who chew tobacco, then spit in a can/beer bottle that looks a lot like the one you're drinking out of and then leave it sitting next to the one you're drinking out of. I wish i wasn't speaking from experience about this one.

11. Or drop a cigarette butt in there.

12. Roupe

Roupe

I couldn't have said it better. Fuck the ASIAN CRAP. If you don't have the nickles for good tools either wait or buy used. Cheap tools are a total waste of money. I can figure out plenty of ways to hurt myself with out the help of cheap tools.

13. No Elephants,,,,,,,period.

14. old4dlvr

old4dlvr

15. caddylakman

caddylakman
    from USA

lil neighbor kid types. Climb all over the seats like they were on a jungle jim. I mean.. yeah ok.. I said he could sit in it, but not CLIMB in it. Kid had his fingers pullin and pushin every button, knob, switch, etc before I could get the word STOP outta my mouth. Meant well, I'm just tryin to get the younger generation into old cars, but I guess I should put an age limit on it... like 30 or somethin.

16. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

DOGS are not allowed, just kool CATS.

Taildragger&fenderless

17. I thought a racket was what you made with a hammer. :p

18. Dads-53

Dads-53

Anyone who even thinks about getting under a car without a good jackstand is band for life.

19. Appleseed

Appleseed

Ugh dude! Thats fucking gross.

20. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Well, there are a few things that are just not allowed...

Yoko Ono
    Canadian geese
    brie

I'm with Beep, on the elephants, too. Every time the pink elephants show up, the next day the beer fridge is empty. Stupid elephants...

21. chevy400ci

chevy400ci
    from Kansas

rap music is the major along with ricers, im 17 years old and im glad i never got into that shit. what a relief.haha

22. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

I do not have a "shop", which is likely what most of you call your parents 2 car garage, but for the sake of conversation I do have a well equipped garage.
    This garage/shop is very similar to some of your more respectable Dojo's, in such that NO MERCY is allowed (as well as no shoes).
    Also no radical muslims are allowed (they just ruin the mood).

Carl Cheatersheski
    Cheaters Car Club, Milwaukee

23. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

LMAO

amazing really... around here, most guys have not only drywalled garages, (those i can understand) but i seen one of em sportin fuckin TONGUE AN GROOVE PINE! :confused:

two part epoxy floors that they fuckin WAX! dartboards, an i am talkin the big ass standup versions... NO BENCHES! some of em even have carpet!

ITS A GARAGE FOR THE LOVE OF PETE

no smokin, i respect and understand if the door is closed/heat is on. but if a smoker has the brains god gave a goose, he'll ash and toss his butts in an empty beer car. common sense really.

its messy. its cluttered. the floor has GREASE and OIL stains. my tools are all where they need to be, and clean.

ok, im gonna climb down off my soap box

24. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

.......idiots...........are not allowed in my shop.

25. rixrex

rixrex

I share my shop with my old friend, the Pink Panther, he, after being shot in the chest with a 44 mag,living,finding Jesus, does not allow smoking.drinking or cursing in the garage (He said giving up Budwieser was the hardest)..no smoking just being the smart thing to do..also, no belt buckles or floppy handle floor jacks around nice paint jobs, no leaning on cars unless its yer own...

26. MyBootsOnFire

MyBootsOnFire

Geez, i thought this was the H.A.M.B. not the waaaamb

27. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Idiots.

Enough said. That includes anyone who doesn't know how to use tools, wants to borrow something, asks stupid questions, and any number of other things I deem will make them idiots.

Oh yeah, sometimes it includes me when I do boneheaded things.

28. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

?My son is a weldor in a shop that ONLY deals in Aluminum products a guy on night shift brought in something he wanted to sand made of iron their sanding area is like a large spray booth well without saying anything he went into the booth at lunch and started sanding/grinding on some steel which got sucked into the exhaust system and set the whole area on fire!it was an ex military guy who realised that it was a thermite fire!and called it in as such or they would have lost the whole building

29. Saoutlaws_Gotti

Saoutlaws_Gotti

I got a new one i just outlawed (HAHAHAHA)

Fiberglass
    i made a trans and driveshaft tunnel a few days ago outta fiberglass for my sedan

man im still itchin

no more fiberglass

30. striper

striper

No......a hole is what you make with a hammer!

Television, recliners and a bar. I swear some poor bastards don't have lounge rooms in their houses. The number of times people have admired my shed and then said, "All you need now is a TV and some chairs"

What the fuck is that about. I can't reach my drill press from a recliner, I can't hear the TV over my grinder and my old fridge works just great.

Pete