Register now to get rid of these ads!

first chop...in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasser52, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Lucky77

Lucky77

Good job, I just did my first chop too. Only it was on a Tudor sedan (pretty esay) and I'll be 30 in a few months:eek: Wish I would've started at 15, keep up the good work.

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

then you wouldn't beable to open your doors unless the windows were down.

3. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

exactly why iim moving the inner lip of the top of the old door frame flush with bottom of the olf window line. therefore you furthest you could roll it up would be to where it can open with nothing to hold it back.

4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey guys,
    It don't look like he needs no stinkin' lights, he's gettin' along
    jus' fine without 'um! Besides, I've been tryin' to convince my
    wife, for the past thirty years ,that I do some of my best work
    in the dark.
    I'm likin' your well shaded chop, man.
    Swankey Devils C.C.

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is there any way I can talk you out of sticking the Buick portholes on the hood??

For the most part, Kustoms are about removing unnessesary items, not sticking more on.

As for the chop, looking good so far.. The top I chopped at 15 ended up as ditch filler....

Keep it up. -Abone.

6. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

im not putting them in the hood, i was thinking either in the fenders or the quarters, but at this point its still just an idea

7. I don't normally do this but, read his post, he is putting the portholes in the fender... not the hood.

As far as Customs, it's changing a car's appearance to suit the OWNER'S tastes. Would you give him grief for putting a Chevy grill on his Shoebox, frenching his head or tail lights or some '55 Olds side trim? Probably not.

Just my $0.02 worth

8. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Put the port holes on her and route the exhaust through them? Just a thought.
    Nice work!!!
    Fitysix

9. flathead fred

flathead fred

love the idea of the portholes, always liked the look of em. it is kinda cool that a 15 year old inspires me for my chop. don't know if you have the c-notch planned yet. but I did mine and have cardboard patterns, they really came out nice and strong.

10. Svenny

Svenny

Nice work!

Looks like you're thinking this through pretty well. I would suggest you add or subtract whatever items that suit you.

It's your build, at your age you have many more ahead of you. Build it to your taste!

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

12. fleetside66

fleetside66

I'll be trying my first chop in about a month & I just turned 60. I guess you're never too young or too old. Good luck. ...Greg

13. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

yeah actually customizing is usually done by utilizing parts off other cars to change the stock appearence. So if your theory is true, than custom cars are not really "custom" more of just "cut downs" am i right?

14. gasser52

gasser52
    BANNED

haha yeah i have already done one c notch that turned out very functional and well!

15. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Where's the rubber gonna go? Any window frames? Ventwindows?

16. 6-71

6-71

looks like you are doing a great job.tell these old codgers that at your age you dont need any more lights.the eyesight is the first thing to go. when I was 15 I was working out in the side yard under the old oak tree. now it seems that I keep putting more lights up in my garage and I still cant see what I am doing.:)

17. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

fuck that shit, bitch can hang em himself! he deserves it for sellin that car!!!!

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

19. Svenny

Svenny

I don't know about that car but it seems he's tried selling a ton of stuff over the last few months.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but he seems to not be able to start a project and stick with it?

But then again, that's not an uncommon trait.......:rolleyes:

20. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

It looks like you are doing a great job. Its got a cool look to it. by the way do you have good lighting in your garage? If not a trip to home depot, about 100.00 bucks and an hour of wiring and you could have ultimate lighting in there. I did it in my garage and it made all the difference in the world. I have five 8 foot double bulb floresent lights and it is bright in there. trust me its worth every penny.

21. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Your doing a smokin job for sure. Be sure to pull it out of the garage and make sure it's level and has the right stance. It's easier to see your mistakes outside from 10 feet than see them in your garage from 2 feet.

22. RUSTY50F1

RUSTY50F1

Well this is great. I've been trying to chop the top on my 50f1 for the last 6 months and every time I pick up the sawsall I chicken out and I'm 54 yrs old. But not after tonight. Kid thats a hell of a job your doing on that top. Get some better lights and keep on going. Be sure to keep us posted with more PICS. I'm gonna start cuttin mine. Like they say after the first cut it's all down hill..... GOOD JOB............RUSTY

23. Mozes

Mozes

When I Was Fifteen I Chopped My Skateboard. Well I Broke One Anyway.

24. I don't know much about that top choppin stuff,but I do know its not polite to diss a stranger- till you know how he can perform for sure.....:D
    I do however have a cure for his shop lites.....:)

Attached Files:

25. frankenford

frankenford

its looking good

26. mckustoms

mckustoms

Ya, I think he traded off this car project for a 23 t body.