Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's called an ENGINE...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Svenny

Svenny

Is this the post responsible for knocking out Ryan's servers today???

"Engine oil" I like that. We need to start calling them engine mounts too.

2. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

:D:D:D:D
    When ur drunk right:confused:
    Dave

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

If i was gonna bet id bet is was the post by Jesse.......
    Dave

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

Sometimes you end up in peoples trucks you don't even know.:rolleyes:

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

6. Bob Dobolina

Bob Dobolina

As i was enginevating over the hill......

nah, just don't sound right

7. All this time I've been putting MOTOR oil in my ENGINE....... Dammit!!

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

thats FAG to you... friggin left coast butt bandit :p

anyhow, NO... it was that tank MOTOR* thread that put the HAMB on its knees from what i heard

*read that as ENGINE Joe. . .

9. Let's just call 'em all "flux capacitors". :D

Personally, I don't give a shit either way, so long as the person knows what they're talking about. There's nothing worse than listening to a guy who says stuff like, "Yeah, I used to have a 442 GTO with a 454 motor innit. Ya know whut 4-4-2 stands for?? Dual pump dual quads dual exhaust."

THAT'S when the term "motor" pisses me off. :D

If Smokey Yunick wants (well, when he was alive, anyway) to call 'em motors, on the other hand, I'm OK with it.;)

10. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

Illogical...cant compute....cant compute..ill.o.gi..ca.llll...... Zzzzzt poof pop bang! Wuurrrrrrrr......You could kill a few mutant robots with that one.

11. Flatbush

Flatbush

What about the difference between hub cap and wheel cover. Or generator and alternator; isn't an alternator a generator?

12. ScapeGoat

ScapeGoat
    from Canada

different entirely

13. borntoolate

borntoolate

I think "search engines" on the web is ALL WRONG! It should properly be "search motors". They don't consume fuel and air to make an exposion when you use them.

14. chevy400ci

chevy400ci
    from Kansas

actually they do, a powerplant uses fuel to create electricity, to run your computer, so we can all talk about a stupid topic.

15. Frank

Frank

Geez, must be a slow day. 6 freakin pages since afternoon over motor versus engine. Let's get back to talking about CARS. This is as bad as the "what is a rat rod?" threads

16. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hub cap covers the HUB... like a grease cap yaknow? wheel covers cover the wheels and lug nuts entoto

17. 6-71Kid

6-71Kid

An alternator Produces AC. A generator producecs DC. Modern Alternators produce AC then uses diodes to converert it to DC.

18. I agree. Who gives a rodent's rump what it's really called. I never figured this bunch to get so damned pedantic. (Look it up if you don't know)

19. Freiburger

Freiburger

It's damper, not dampener. Unless, of course, the purpose of the harmonic dampener is to slightly moisten the harmonics.

Now I'm off to the Department of Engine Vehicles to register my enginehome.

DF

20. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

I LOVE the english language:

Mouse - Mice
    House - Houses
    Moose - Moose

Makes perfect sense to me.

Shawn

21. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geeezzz, talk about cabin fever........you guys gotta get back out in the shop.

22. Fuck that it's freezin' out there... but I do find myself hungry for a bacon sandwich...

JOE:cool:

23. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, they're ENGINES alright, but MOTOR sounds cool.

24. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Wrist pin or piston pin

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

If we are getting politically correct , here then......"She is not a hooker, She is a low cost provider"

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

"intimate entertainment and satisfaction engineer"

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

"She is not easy........She is vertically accessable"

28. Degreaser

Degreaser

Im gonna go polish my rocker boxes and valve covers.

29. rodknocker

rodknocker

en·gine [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] /ˈɛn[​IMG]dʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[en-juh[​IMG]n] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1.a machine for converting thermal energy into mechanical energy or power to produce force and motion. 2.a railroad locomotive. 3.a fire engine. 4.any mechanical contrivance. 5.a machine or instrument used in warfare, as a battering ram, catapult, or piece of artillery. 6.Obsolete. an instrument of torture, esp. the rack.
    [Origin: 1250&#8211;1300; ME engin < AF, OF < L ingenium nature, innate quality, esp. mental power, hence a clever invention, equiv. to in- in-2 + -genium, equiv. to gen- begetting (see kin) + -ium -ium[​IMG]]

&#8212;Related forms en&#183;gine&#183;less, adjective

30. rodknocker

rodknocker

mo&#183;tor [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] /&#712;mo&#650;[​IMG]t&#601;r/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[moh-ter] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation &#8211;noun 1.a comparatively small and powerful engine, esp. an internal-combustion engine in an automobile, motorboat, or the like. 2.any self-powered vehicle. 3.a person or thing that imparts motion, esp. a contrivance, as a steam engine, that receives and modifies energy from some natural source in order to utilize it in driving machinery. 4.Also called electric motor. Electricity. a machine that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy, as an induction motor. 5.motors, stocks or bonds in automobile companies. &#8211;adjective 6.pertaining to or operated by a motor. 7.of, for, by, or pertaining to motor vehicles: motor freight. 8.designed or for automobiles, their drivers, or their passengers: The hotel has a motor lobby in its parking garage for picking up and discharging passengers. 9.causing or producing motion. 10.Physiology. conveying an impulse that results or tends to result in motion, as a nerve. 11.Psychology, Physiology. Also, motoric. of, pertaining to, or involving muscular movement: a motor response; motor images. &#8211;verb (used without object) 12.to ride or travel in an automobile; drive: They motored up the coast. &#8211;verb (used with object) 13.Chiefly British. to drive or transport by car: He motored his son to school.
    [Origin: 1580&#8211;90; < L m&#333;tor mover, equiv. to m&#333;- (var. s. of mov&#233;re to move) + -tor -tor[​IMG]