Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rearend ID Does this mean anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by K13, Feb 4, 2007.

1. First off I know nothing about rearends other than the common names but couldn't tell one from another if I had too. I have a rear end in my truck that I would like to ID so that I can get the parts required to rebuild it. II found a tag attached to one of the bolts holding on the rear cover that reads as follows:

WER-AC 7LB
    2 47 8 7 576A

Don't know if this means anything or not. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

What make is the truck?:confused:

3. Uh do ya want me to make somethin' up?:D:D

Those numbers are all you'll need to buy parts for the rear unless someone changed the tag.

Yes do tell us a bit about the truck. I'm sure so eone here has all the scoop on the numbers.

4. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

That would be a 1977-78 Granada or Monarch with a 2.47 ration in a 8 3/4" Non-Removable Carrier running 28 spline axles with a non-locking carrier. At least according to the WER-AC and the info in the second line which is 2.47 8.7

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Do a search on this, lots of threads on rear end ID, especially if Ford

6. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I'm just saying if it's a Ford I have alot of tag numbers I'm looking at and that one DON'T match anything I have.I guess maybe that's why I asked

7. Thanks for all the help! That helps a alot. Sorry it's in a '37 Chev. I knew it wasn't original that's why I didn't bother listing the model of truck.