Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 60 Elcamino turned fenderless hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 28, 2006.

1. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Give her a set of wings and I know she could fly....That car is just too cool...can't wait to see the finished product!

www.carartonline.com

2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Man, great sketches for the ElcRod...and yer right, it should have quad headlights...

www.carartonline.com

3. zgears

zgears

Elcaminos, never got em.. part crappy car part crappy truck. this is worst than stock.

4. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

You are a true visionary guru...

5. repoguy

repoguy

You'd think that being around here for a couple of years you'd be open-minded enough to actually let the guy finish the car before you started bashing it. The car is still in pieces, and you're already saying it's worse than stock?

6. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

DARE TO BE DIFFERENT. You are truly a visionary and I like it!

7. Bdamfino

Bdamfino
    from Hamlet, NC

Not meant as a bash by any means, the front end reminds me of the "Crucifier" show rod of the '60's. Sorry no pics. Don't give up on this one, that is an awesome project!:D

8. Looks more to me like a 60s Chevy pickup roof on a '33-'34 Ford body, cool drawing, I think someone should build one!
    somewhereinsuburbia_lg.jpg

9. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Thats REALLY COOL! I'd take the whole top off ! Whats the other thing in the first pic?

10. cool
    surprised the roof turret did not get welded on backwards ... visor to the front??
    needs a chrysler grill mouth slanted forward on it for sure!with dual imperial headlites
    paperdog

11. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

There is a guy in LA ?? that has built a early 60's Chevy and a late 50's Dodge. He takes about a foor out of the center, channels and chops the body then places them over 32 rails... I don't have pictures..

12. twofosho

twofosho

Don't forget to put Olds or Cad or Buford rocker covers on the 283. Oh wait, I've got an idea, if you want the motor to be really unique, why don't you put an Olds, Cad, or Buford motor in it, or if it's still Chevy powered, just let it show it's Chevyness.
    One things for sure, attaboys are in order, and you gotta finish that sucker!

13. jerryjagger

jerryjagger
    from salinas Ca

Wow! How the fuck did we miss that when we stopped by to get some goodies on the way to V.L.V. I hope to see it in person this April when we stop by for some go-go juice. Great build!

14. Midnight340

Midnight340

On the beam! I have been knocking around ideas of late model mini/mid'sized trucks (that means maybe 70's/80's fenderless..... Just love the idea of open wheels, big chunk of cab (probably does need the narrowing!), stylish small box.

I mean, if this can work, we got a world of "coupes" out there. So what if it started out as a Ranger?!!! Run with it!
    -midnight

15. dude, you're a dick.

16. Thats a breath of fresh air in this model a and t world,is fucking bad azz dude,cant wait to see it finished,by the way send me what ever you are smoking so maybe i can get at least half the vision you have my friend.
    Jamie of Dead City MC/CC

17. when discussing front ideas,I´m amazed no one said 61-63 imperial?
    keep up the good work and show us more pic´s

18. Has anyone seen this one lately?
    I wonder how the progress is going...

19. Bump up, I would love a update too!

Joel

20. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Up date = I spent two weeks off and on smoothing the beam axle for chrome, then sent the axle , hair pens, and backing plates out for chrome, they are back now and look outta sight, for the most part I've been doing body work and now have the fire wall, top of the dash and half the cowl in primer, I've used 58 Chevy front turn signal buckets for the tail light housings and have got them welded in place, I'll try and take some new phots and post them in here, for now I gotta get back out to the lab. Von Doc

21. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Who built this?

22. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I LOVE this thing...this, NOW THIS is a custom car...
    crazy-wacky assed 60's style idears here.....I wanna see the end result of this, this is one of those things where you hear it described, and cringe a little, then peek through your fingers a bit to see that HOLY SHIT! this is brilliant...

23. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

That crossed my mind, too...It kinda looks like it could go front or rear first, really...

24. I'm glad to see this thread revived. Just yesterday I was going to dig it back up and ask about updates. Funny thing is, I thought I had posted a design concept for the front end on here but dodn't see it anywhere. well I'll just post it again. The 1960 Chevy, in my opinion, has one of the all time classic front ends; beautifull and (somewhat) understated. Why not continue the factory look though the whole design with an added 60's custom 'flare' to the fenders and hood, while retaining the fenderless concept??? If corse you have to have an injected 'W' head under the wraps.

[​IMG]

25. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Update pix. Jigger, great drawing I almost went that way with the nose but went canted quads instead. Doc

Attached Files:

26. Thanks for the inspiration. Now I'll blow it up, clean it up and call it my own.
    That rig of yours is going to be killer! ( careful how you word/read this) Rear looks great, Dash, even better and I love the GM "peak on the roof! Nice touch.

27. Oh, and,...uh... thanks for the update. Be sure to keep us posted.

28. Squablow

Squablow

Awesome, had been hoping to see updates on this one.

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree with a previous post in a sea of A's and dueces this is sensational to say the least. And yes I own a duece:)

Thanks not only for the updates Doc but more so for having a crack. Once again sensational and you will never post too many pics!

30. Wild!

I have to agree with someone who suggested a peak on the nose to match the top. I think that simplifies the windshield - put in a divider bar, and have it cut down the middle to fit, and install it as two halves like a '52 or older would be. Peaks match and windshield divider matches peaks. You might go through two or three getting two halves, but it's not like they're hard to find, at least not here.

A 71-76 Pontiac fullsize, or 73-77 Gran Prix, might source a hood that could be cut to fit and have a peak in it already.