Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheels Stolen at turlock

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wheelkid, Jan 29, 2007.

1. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Well this weekend at the big swap meet in turlock was pretty good overall, except for one thing. Some very unique wheels were stolen from our swap space. Nothing like this has ever happened, and I am appalled that a fellow hot rodder would do something like this. I was planning to put the wheels in the for sale section here if they didn't sell at turlock. Like I said they were very unique and you wouldn't be able to get them anywhere else. They were 15x3 steel wheels with the small ford 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern and would take a 10 1/8 outside knob hubcap. So if you see somebody running these wheels on their car they are a crook and don't trust them!
    Jimmy

2. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Fuck! im sorry to hear that, 15x3...damn thats badass..

3. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thats sucks! Sorry to hear it.
    A friend of mine had a guy try to steal a fender he bought at the Charlotte speedway swap meet.
    He left it with the vendor to come back and pick it up.
    He changed his plans about thirty minutes later and went back. The vendor said your buddy came for it. Hes wtf? yeah he just left went that way. He found him. Made a big scene the guy dropped the fender and ran off in the crowd. No fists flew just shouting and yelling with him trying to get his fender and run after the guy and looking for security.
    Shit like this makes me boil.

4. I heard something on Sunday about a set of skirts getting ripped off a car in the car corral as well, I have never heard of theft at Turlock before. Hope karma gets the bastards & sorry to hear about the wheels, theives are f*%$ers!

5. Man, I hate to hear that kinda stuff. Especially at a swap meet, we're all there to swap, not swipe. SOB's. They'll get theirs. Sorry to hear it, wheelkid.

6. low life fuckers will steal ANYTHING thats not nailed, screwed or bolted down & if it is they're thinking of someway to get it. they should do to thieves like they use to do to cattle rustlers in Texas, hang the fuckers........joe

7. Muttley

Muttley

Man that sucks...........I also heard a guy had a couple of intakes stolen from his space Saturday night. BTW it was good talking to you, I'll be calling you soon for a set of those trim rings.

8. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Jimmy- That FAWKING sucks! How'd you realize it? Were you guys sitting around there all day or did it happen at night?

9. 55kustomline

55kustomline

shit man that sucks. although youve got to remember, there's a few bad apples in EVERY bunch.

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Jerkoff fuckers, I hate thiefs. I hope you find the asswipe and insert the wheels in his depository.

11. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Check this out;

My friend had his exhaust stolen off his truck while attending the March Meet in Bakersfield.
    They jacked up the truck and cut out the exhaust from underneath while it was parked in the spectators parking lot.

Nothing surprises me anymore.

Lance

12. brandon

brandon

i had a early dual point distributor stolen out of my model a at louisville a couple years back ....in the hotel parking lot....as for the wheels.....that sucks......15x3's would rule......brandon

13. flatheadhero

flatheadhero
    from California

I grew up going to swapmeets to sell parts with my father. Theft was always an issue, and my father schooled me on protecting our stuff. You see, the theives run in packs. Up to 4 guys involved. It is an old gypsy trick. They distract the seller with multiple guys seemingly unrelated, asking questions, flashing money, or picking up parts and looking at them. One will drop a part, or kick something over, or make a commotion, and another guy steals the parts. It is well planned, and only takes a second. My dad made me sit in the back of our space, watching everyone carefully. Only my dad answered questions about stuff, I just watched everybody. Cheap cable bike locks held the good stuff to a length of chain.

14. bigaadams

bigaadams
    from Georgia

Maybe something good will come of this..thief mounts rubber on stolen wheels, places wheels on some rod he has written checks to have car completed, new body work, new paint, tires seperate at speed on the interstate..beats fenders off the car..chunks of rubber and fenders hit at least 3 huge SUV's for mega insurance settlement and also chunks hits police squad...making it impossible to lie/escape out of the situation. Of course all this does not compensate your loss...but hey you could say...couldn't have happened to a nicer guy....

I get bent when someone lifts my ballpoint from my desk at work...

15. Gator

Gator

Whoever stole them is not a "fellow hot rodder" as you said, but a low life scumbag.

Sorry for your bad luck!

16. brown n down

brown n down

shit like this makes me think twice about building a hood less vehicle

17. movingviolation

movingviolation

Thieves are the fucking worst........they are not lazy, they spend all their energy thinking of some way to fuck you over..... I have zero time for a thief......................fuck'n scum bags.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

...the worst part of it is if you catch them in the act and bitch slap them, you go to jail...

19. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

well i hate to say this (i know i will catch hell for this) But the Rat rod guy are starting to be more and more like the VW guys are. I was sitting in my 54 Bug at a show and they were trying to steel the tail lights off my car as my son and i were napping. I hate to say it but it is all ways the younger guys that have no respcet for others
    SORRY GUYS JUST MY 2 CENTS

20. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I have been a vendor for over 37 years and never had thefts until the last 3 or 4 years. I work on such a fine line on making profit I am no longer doing the big shows and sticking to mostly shop sales and ebay.

21. Lancer

Lancer

I have had stuff stolen from the Turlock swap. I have also had friends of mine ripped off and know of other guys who have had things stolen out there.

Like the guy who sells lug nuts, I guess while he was helping other honest people he had some guys grab hand fulls and pocket them before moving on. He said he had lost almost $70. worth just one day. You really have to watch your stuff all the time.

Another guy I know had a really long knife he was selling. The thing was like 30 inches long, anyway this guy picks it up, turns around and starts walking away with it held really close to his body. My friend jumps up and goes after the guy, the dude turns around and says, I was just seeing if you were watching and it was just a joke.

Burns me up, people that steal are some of the lowest.

22. bonesy

bonesy

Stuff like that makes me truely sick.

23. i was talking to a friend that had a mustang rally pac pinched. another vendor saw the dude followed him to his vehicle and offered to buy rally-pac and when dude pulled out his wallet to make change bam! the vendor grabbed his wallet and wrote down his licence plate.when the cops came he said their was other things in the truck. cool thing was dude had flat tire and got busted with around 4k in stolen stuff from swapmeet. bad thing, turned out to be a fellow vendor!

24. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what's wrong with these fuckers? how do you roll away wheels? thieves got to taught a lesson

25. Brown Devil

Brown Devil
    from Mission Tx

In 2004 I had a set of '34 hood tops stolen at the Rosanky Tx swap meet.I know how it feels,I now keep the expensive stuff closer to the back of my space where I can keep a good eye on it.

26. Polara

Polara
    from Indy

Was it a newer truck? I've seen stories on the news about people cutting the catalytic converters out of cars in parking lots and car lots to get the scrap metal (platinum, etc).

27. sliderule67

sliderule67
    from Houston

Use to do??????

28. flathead okie

flathead okie

We had a set of 10 spokes stolen at our swapmeet 2 yrs ago. Two of our members who were working the parking lot actully seen them load the wheels in thier truck. They didn't know the were not paid for.

29. Sorry to hear about that :eek: As I just said the other day after discovering some jerk stole the ball & mount extension out of my reciever hitch, I HATE THIEVES! :mad:

30. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Brand new truck Polara, but it had a lot of work done to it; lowered, Whipple supercharger, aftermarket exhaust, etc.

Lance