Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got my "TICKET" in the Mail Today!! Good Grief!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSTEE 57 GMC, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Just another one of the reasons why I tolerate it in Montana...no cameras yet! When I moved here in the middle 90's, Montana didn't even have a speed limit for non-mommercial vehicles on the highways, the Montana constitution used the term "reasonable and prudent considering conditions" and a ticket if you got one was a $5 fine payed on the spot to the HP officer "for wasting a natural resource" and it didn't hit your insurance. Then the federal government said Montana wasn't collecting enough revenue off the interstate system. All good things must end!

I think that may be a new math problem for the grade schools up here

Little Johnny how many 12 gauge shells equals one big brother traffic camera? Well ma'am that depends on the shot size how good you are.

s

2. RUSTEE 57 GMC

RUSTEE 57 GMC
    from Tennessee

Thanks for pointing out that I am just interested in seeing if anyone has used any Products that might work to "HIDE" the numbers on my License Plates. I don't mind paying for something that I have done wrong like running a Red Light. I will say that it is not like me to run a Red Light unless I was at a point to where you Gun it or slam on the Brakes. I agree with some of the others who claim that the Yellow Lights are running pretty short in their "Time Span", instead of giving a Driver time to react on the upcoming Red Light. If this is the case, which I believe it is, then I am interested in purchasing a product which would enable me to drive without the Cameras seeing my License Plates. I do not drive fast or reckless. Don't smoke, Drink, or talk on Cell Phones when I drive. I am pretty BORING I guess. I do Cuss on the occasions where I feel the need to do so ( Pretty Often I might add). I would never try to put someone's life in danger including my own life by running through a Red Light. I hope everyone might feel better about me now that you know who I am. Thanks for all the Comments!

3. DrJ

DrJ

Someone posted a link to a site here showing blown-up, burned-up and otherwise destroyed speed cameras in the UK...

The result of the red light cameras on Bellfower Blvd at Willow st here is people are afraid to DRIVE though the intersections and it's become a virtual stop sign because people crawl up to the intersection with one foot on the brake expecting the light to catch them. That results in traffic stacked up for blocks at the "rush hours", meaning, 6 AM to 8 PM :rolleyes:
    And lots of rear ender collisions.
    I just take alternate routes, even if it takes a couple miles detour, it's faster time wise.

Government = The biggest GANG in town

4. according to those weirdos on the tv show `mythbusters` there aint nothing you can do to a license plate that makes it invisible to cameras apart from covering it up completely or removing it

monkey

5. OLLIN

OLLIN

I heard that glare spray doesn't work worth a sh*t.
    My cousin in Phoenix told me he just covers his face with his arm if its kind of a close-call when he's going through a light. that way they cant prove its you driving. It makes sense because when you get a ticket, its to the driver of the vehicle not the registered owner of the car.

6. That's a comforting thought. :rolleyes:

7. OLLIN

OLLIN

not if its blatently RED, but like the guy said...those times where it would be more dangerous to slam on the brakes.

8. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Try womens hairspray on the plate. It will get so dirty that the numbers will be obscured, but will look like natural road grime.

9. bonneville bones

bonneville bones

I dont know about tennessee but in PA those clear plate covers that would reflect a camera flash are actually illeagal for state inspection, even though they're totally clear.

10. Mojo

Mojo

Here's the link to the UK guys that are burning them down..

As an aside, I believe that in most places they are illegal, and if you can prove so, you don't have to pay. It comes down to the company that installed them not being part of the police force and therefore can't enforce traffic laws. But, I have heard of some towns going as far as to make the company a deputy or some member of the police force to get around that.

Out here, there's one on Ave J and 15th St West that I have to drive through often. I haven't gotten busted at it yet, but I image a lot of people have. Heading east, right on the corner is a gas station, so a lot of people stop and turn in... a great way to hang you up in the intersection as the light turns. All the large trucks going through doesn't help. And all the peds walking through. Also, there's a Hospital on 15thW, so there's a lot of ambulances coming through, and throws things off, and combined with the high traffic volume, it gets really backed up. Tell me it wasn't put there to get maximum fines...

11. ohiotj

ohiotj
    from SW Ohio

My wife got a ticket from a photo radar unit in Cleveland back in December. She hasn't been to Cleveland in about 5 years, and the plate they claimed it was hasn't been registered in over 7 months. Of course, had whoever was "reviewing" the picture paid any attention, theyd've noticed a white pontiac (in the picture) looks nothing like a red CRX (what our tag was registered to). Took some phone tag, but hopefully its all been dropped now.

Long story short, I hate any of these traffic enforcement methods that don't involve a live human observing the actual offense and pulling you over right there.

12. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

The 90 you see in the background is 55 in your money

Attached Files:

13. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

THEY SMILE BECAUSE YOU'RE PAYING FOR THEIR DONUTS!

[​IMG]

"THERE'S THAT GUY IN THE OLD TRUCK AGAIN,....WE GOT HIM!"
    [​IMG]

14. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

I HAVE TO DISAGREE,.....

I'M PRETTY SURE IF YOU HAD ONE OF THESE YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN OK,...
    [​IMG]

15. Wesley

Wesley

Seems to me it is cheaper to run without license plates altogether than to pay the fines from big brother and his camera. At least no license plates is not a moving violation.

16. Not to piss off my HAMB buddies, but once youv'e had a dear one killed instantly by a red light runner and have been t-boned twice by the same, you will love the camera. Smile big...your on candid camera

17. Muttley

Muttley

Cameras were installed in some places in Fresno a few years ago with a sign that read "Photo Enforced".................a few days later someone put a sticker over the "Photo" so that it read "Profit Enforced" and drew some swastikas on it. I thought it was pretty appropriate.

18. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

AMEN Brother!!!!!!

19. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

the hairspray trick and i believe the anti camera spray doesnt work either.they take the picture and digitally change it to a negative or something and the numbers come out readable.it was on a local news show about those types of camera ticket areas
    creepy

20. mikeys toy

mikeys toy
    from jOklahoma

That's not what happened, Dood....
    What happened was when some contractor repaved the road, the replaced the sensor wires like 2" farther from the light, making them "trigger" sooner when the light actually was still yellow.
    About a year before that some bigshot lawyer tried a class action lawsuit claiming what you said about the shorter yellows; but was proven otherwise.
    The City of San Diego had to refund all those tickets from the time of the repaving untill they ripped up all the wires and replaced them.
    I say; if you're gonna run it, be prepared to pay the ticket....I would.

21. 50chevy

50chevy
    BANNED

I been hit by red light runners 3 times.

Last time was on my motorcycle. he was still on his cell phone when he got out of the car.

FUCKER~~!

If your prepared to run a light.

Be prepared to possibly DIE

Be prepared to possibly KILL SOMEONE ELSE or maybe there Child.

If you really think about it. (nar nar's cmon this is gonna take some work)

Running red light isn't worth it.

Unfortunately most people dont get it.............

A nationwide study of fatal crashes at traffic signals in 1999 and 2000 estimated that 20 percent of the vehicles involved failed to obey the signals. In 2004, more than 900 people were killed and an estimated 168,000 were injured in crashes that involved red light running. About half of the deaths in red light running crashes are pedestrians and occupants in other vehicles who are hit by the red light runners. Running red lights and other traffic controls like stop and yield signs is the most frequent type of police-reported urban crash, Institute research shows. Researchers studied police reports of crashes on public roads in four urban areas during 1990-91. Of 13 crash types identified, running traffic controls accounted for 22 percent of all crashes. Among crashes that involved running traffic controls, 24 percent involved running red lights. The same study showed that motorists are more likely to be injured in crashes involving red light running than in other types of crashes. Occupant injuries occurred in 45 percent of red light running crashes, compared with 30 percent of other crash types.

22. chrisp

chrisp

Twice I got rearended because I stopped at the RED light, just happy it was my Honda, once I got T-boned cause the guy was in a hurry, he got late and had to explain his wife why he totalled her car, once I went to the hospital with a head trauma, I'm sorry but when you don't want to stop at a red light or a stop sign, it's the same as if you were putting a gun on my head or my familly, do I have the right to do the same to you?
    When the light turns orange be prepared to stop, you will see you ain't gonna be surprised by the red that's coming next.