Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dearborn Deuce going out????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever17, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Has anyone else out there heard that the company that makes the Dearborn Deuce is about to close it's doors????

I have a friend that has a connection within the company that says within about thirty days they will be a thing of the past!!

Anyone have any thoughts or comments?

2. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Possible but I would be very surprised.
    They did the Ford Motor Company 75 anniversary deuces.

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

That dont mean its gonna pay the bills? I would think that the one to stay in the steel coupe game is Brookville. mainly cause they have other things going and have had. Ill be watching this post . Interesting
    Dave

4. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

I believe it.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

If you ever saw one of their 3w bodies you wouln't be surprised. there was one at a rod shop here and it was an abortion. It was not built to stock Deuce measurements and no parts were interchangeable with a stock one. You had to have a one off hood made and the list just goes on and on. Their frame has been passed on to a new owner (shop) and from what I heard it's the only product that they made that conforms to '32 demensions.

Frank

6. Hey guys,

I am not trying to start a bad rumor. I don't have the answer to the question about the cars for Ford. I am just going by what I was told by a friend of mine that has close ties to the company. I will ask him for any more details he may have. I do know that things were going so bad about a year ago that Jimmy Inglese cut his ties to the company as well.

7. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

I think you just did...

8. Not if my info turns out to be correct!

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...thank God for Brookville...:)

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. As anal as '32 guys are (& I can say that - I'm one of them) about their parts/cars being "Ford steel" or, at the very least, exact reproductions I can't imagine how anyone would launch into the steel body business & not built an exact copy.

If a guy cares enough to cough up the extra $$ for a steel body, he probably cares enough to want an exact reproduction. I think the Dearborn convert was an OK idea (for 'chainers) but why they ever went to the trouble to offer it in steel is beyond me.

Oh yeah, there are limited run exceptions - Kugle's Muroc series (20 cars or so), Boyd had Marcel knock out a handful of "Boydsters", etc... but those guys weren't betting their company's future on an inaccurate copy of a Ford car.

Long live Brookville Roadster.

JH

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. metalman

metalman

Whould'nt hurt my feelings if they did. A 32 ford for the yuppy masses, REAL hot rodders don't want windows and electric tops on their roadsters. If they can't buy a Dearborn Duece the can buy a Lexas or BMW convertible, It will show off their money just as well and would be as much of a hot rod as a Dearborn!

12. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

My cousin has a brother who's friend says you might be correct, but his mother on his wifes side, has a grocer who's son has a friend who says they are moving the business to New Orleans.

13. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Hotrod and horsepower only made a handful of coupes many panels were hand formed , it was not succesful, 300 dearborn deuce conv's was made by ASC(class act), for H @ H,and are as close is fit as the other two bodys that are on market.

14. afan

afan
    from michigan

HEY I KNOW THAT GUY!!

15. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

They were never intended to be Henry correct. The Greedy Guys nostalgia style give away car at August Pleasanton looked really good but not suitable for those opposed to having floors, side windows, and air conditioning.

16. That's the guy I was talkin' about......you know him too!!!:D

17. Considering the fixtures and assembly process at ASC those bodys acutally fit better than any other aftermarket bodys out there.

The top fit and window fit is as good as any oem product, maybe better than some.

Brookville has a good product with there coupe, I just hope they can figure out a way to assemble all the orders before the year 2025:eek:

18. Hey, that's the year I'm scheduled to retire!:D

Maybe by then I'll be able to afford a 3 window... NOT!

Jay

19. kermit

kermit
    from WI

H&H had the frames made in Germantown WI ( Milwaukee suburb).

The rails were stamped out on a huge frame press at tower Automotive in Milwaukee and jiged and welded in Germantown.

Both of these businesses are now shutdown. I do not know where they went.

kermit

20. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Jim Wiemer's Rod Garage

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know a little but I ain't sayin...

22. cadzilla

cadzilla

what difference does it make ????? they are all over priced for what you get ....

23. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Real Steel, it's a sickness only cured by fistfuls of dollars.