Register now to get rid of these ads!

quick question on A axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tatts, Jan 25, 2007.

1. tatts

tatts

what spinndles do i need to run juice brakes on a model A axle or can i use the sockers and adapt the backing plate?

i did search but i didnt find anything.

much thanks tatts
    shawn

2. flatford39

flatford39

A model a axle will accept the popular 37 thru 41 round backs as well as the 46 thru 48 square backs and of course the original spindles as well. All can be use in a hydraulic brake conversion. The question comes into what backing plates are you working with. The original spindles will work with 39 40 backing plates but you need to redrill the mounting holes and weld in a ring. I think speedway sells the kit. 37 thru 48 spindles with the 39 backing plates are pretty much a bolt on. You can also consider using backing plates from an F-1 or F-100 thru 56 and the 37 thru 48 spindles work with them as well. I prefer the truck backing plates as they are bendix self adjusters.

If you do a search here there is a ton of info on here with great pictures as to how to convert your A to hydraulics.

3. tatts

tatts

that is exactly what i needed

thanks man

tatts
    shawn

4. If you already have "A" spindles, I have a Speedway kit for adapting the "A" spindles I don't need, I believe it was less than $10. You can have it for the cost of shipping.