Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Francisco Chronicle Pin Curls & Pistons-Women Hot Rodders & Rockabilly Culture

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuckBetty13, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Well put!!!

2. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I cant read,,,theres too many words...i just want to see the girls!!! (lol)

Congrats....

3. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

C'mon Gooz-you know I'M Slightly Depressed Mexican and Mean Mex is not my bro, although you are, so there!:D
    Good for you on the article, Betty!

4. no,, I don't wear jeans,, usually dickies,, and I don't have to cuff them beacuse I know what inseam to buy, or I try them on first. So here's what I'm going with Grey gasoline jacket = punk rocker who chop topdidid his own top, 1 obscure band button for every inch of chop.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Great article, terrific that gals want to get involved in whatever way they can. Not everyone can be a master car builder. There are even guys on The H.A.M.B. that do not have a kool car or can fix one. How many guys go to a show and post the name of everyone that worked on their car (except trophy whores)? I helped start a car club and we made the women all Presidents and guys Vice Presidents. That way we can do car stuff, and not worry about the social details.

6. javier mejia

javier mejia

thats the spirit !

7. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Congrat's ladies on the press and keep on spreading the gospel of hotrods and custom cars. Don't get caught up in all the drama, have fun and enjoy life! The Skirt Skrapers are awesome:)
    best wishes and many blessings to all the women,
    CAB

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

puff, puff, pass?

9. javier mejia

javier mejia

me and the "beastie boys" like girls

10. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

I have a roadster, does that mean I can just skip wearing pants?

11. Steve

Steve

your cuffs must be regulation based on the brand of smokes you roll up in your shirt sleeve

12. javier mejia

javier mejia

you can wear dikies shorts, or "Lt. jim dangle" shorts from reno 911

13. HotRodKitten

HotRodKitten

I though that was great. A ton of different aspects of women and cars touched on in such a limited amount of space. It's a weird cultural struggle for women to fit into a car culture dominated by men (at least in the midwest).

14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Girls have cooties and they smell funny.

15. no no no,, that's all wrong,, rolling up a pack of smokes in your sleeve is a false gesture of your masculinity, i.e. "I'm trying to look really tough and rockasilly, but, deep down inside, I'd rather be wearing my girlfriend's poodle skirt (or a pair of Lt. Jim Dangle gym shorts)"

16. yes,, if they smell funny, they may just have cooties.

17. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Congrates on the article, a well deserved one I might add. Women have been getting the short end of the stick for a long time. If it wasn't for the women in our club our shows wouldn't go as smoothly as it does.

Finding a woman that understands, supports and gets involved in this culture is a rare find. Working on their own cars is just a bonus.

18. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Very cool article. I think she did a nice job.
    Congrats girl!!!

19. Steve

Steve

but if he's wearing his girlfriends poodle skirt where is he supposed to hang the grease rag?

20. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

that would be awesome if there were girls like that in my area. i cant imagine what it would be like to take a girlfriend to a show and catch her lookin under a custom to see how it was lowered! nice article!

21. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

Man, fuck what those lame ass bitches are saying. Congrats on the article! Any good press for the rodding community is good press!

22. I just wanted to send a final thank you to the majority of you for the support and feedback. I appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be seeing more of you locals this year at the Bombshells show in April, Paso, Billetproof, etc.

23. MEAN MEXICAN

MEAN MEXICAN
    from Santa Rosa

I'm sorry if I was misunderstood by my breif post. I didn't meen to slam the girls in the article that have actually built there cars. I'm a huge supporter of girls in hot rodding. I was offended by the direction that the article took, more toward the scene instead of the cars, and the girls that work on them.

24. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

weak

25. nicely put, Alex. Simple and effective.

p.s.: It's MeAn, not "meen"... and THEIR cars, not "there cars".

26. You can't say this:
    and expect to back pedal your way out....

Nobody misunderstood your original post. You are ignorant and that is clear as day.

You may not have meant to slam the girls who built their cars but you did. You slammed me, my club, and all of our efforts, car shows, and events that we have brought to the Northern California Hot Rod community.

What have you done for this community aside from offend me and lurk on the HAMB? You are an embarrassment to all men.

Thus, you are obviously not a "huge supporter of girls in hot rodding."
    4 of our 10 members built/work and drive their own classics and hot rods including myself yet you feel my "jacket club" does not deserve the press or respect?

You said you were offended by the direction the article took. Honestly, what offended you and did you really think they were not going to talk about fashion and music in the STYLE section of the San Francisco Chronicle. I could better understand you being offended if this exact article was placed in the Automotive section as the fashion and the music is not the topic and focus.

In your final statement "Keep to your social chat rooms, and stay off of the HAMB" is when most readers including myself let out a good laugh at your expense.

I do feel that I am giving you way more attention and respect than you deserve by replying to your desperate attempt to warrant your initial statement. I find it amazing to think that you could type with your foot in your mouth. By the way, how does that taste?

27. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

28. :confused: Maybe you should take your own advice!!!

29. Great Article Homie! You did an excellent job as always representing the Bombshells. I'm always impressed with your knowledge of cars and the kustom kulture. :)~Kelly

30. 100% Matt

100% Matt

My lady is ready to pack up and move West ward!