Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hagan french kit??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by punkrex, Jan 22, 2007.

1. punkrex

punkrex
    from PacNW

I am looking at frenching the headlights on my 51 merc and ran across Hagan french kit. It seems like it would be a good option to get halogen lights and a beauty rings in one shot. Any thoughts?

I am also interested in using the 52-56??? merc rings but am not able to find any real information on them besides, "thats what a lot of people have done already"... Nor am I able to find any for sale in order to price them.

Opinions?
    Thanks,
    Rex

2. VAPHEAD

VAPHEAD
    BANNED

Hmm,how do I say this?
    The Hagan kits make me want to puke.

Hope that helps!

3. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

It's the 52-54 Merc rings you can get them from the night prowlers. Oh yeah..Hagan kits suck donkey balls!

Bill

4. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

The 52-54 merc kit that you are talking about is made by custombeams. I used the kit on my 52 chevy pickup and i was very happy with the quality and ease of installation. I bought mine from night prowlers as well, they have great customer service.

FYI:
    Shit covered sphincters look better wrapped around your headlights than hagan kits do. please dont use halogens.

5. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

not be a repeater, but hagens are nasty. i bought a set of mercs from rod and custom supply and i love um. soooooo glad i didnt screw up my car with hagens. plus..... merc rings are cheaper

6. punkrex

punkrex
    from PacNW

whats wrong with halogens?

Thanks for the input BTW

7. williebill

williebill

8. Halogens have no place on a custom for one. Second the inner trim rings on those lights are about as horrible as it gets. Go to www.thenightprowlers.com and buy a set of there 52-54 trim rings it will be much better.

9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I thought I was the only one who hates those hagen things with a passion....

10. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

we're pulling off some crappy hagens on a HAMBer's car at our shop...I'm throwing them down the street to see how far I can throw...maybe I can hit the flyrite shop from here?

11. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I think the halogens everyone is referring to are the clear lens type you see on all the billet rides. You can get halogens that look just like regular sealed beams for about $12 a piece.

12. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I think we'd have a pretty big gathering if we all got together.:D

13. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Not only are the headlight kits ugly, the gas doors are flimsy junk, thin metal, cheap hinge. I used genuine Merc rings on my 50 Burb, didn't know about night prowlers. I'll have to check them out, thanks!

14. I just puked at the name on the post. if you want to save a few bucks take the heat reflectors off your kitchen stove. but please don't use the word "frenched" and Hagen in the same sentence, it makes you look stupid IMHO

15. Muttley

Muttley

This guy thinks the Hagan kits are sweet:

[​IMG]

16. punkrex

punkrex
    from PacNW

Thanks for the info, I was only insulted once in this thread!
    I'll take a look into Night Prowlers. Can anyone recomend a good billet steering wheel? J/k The stock one is beauteeful :D

17. DRD57

DRD57

I usually let the "hate" threads pass without comment but I'll make an exception in this case.

If you're starting an Ihatehagantrinringsandtheymakemewannapuke club, sign me up.

18. tinmann

tinmann

A buddy mistakenly ordered the hagen set-up for his shoe box, we both said it was garbage. He sold it to an "unsuspecting". He order the Night Prowlers set-up, I installed and it looks sweet.

19. jbergman

jbergman

Hagen Headlight set up can not be used in the same sentence with the word Frenched. With a Hagen Set it lookslike you ran into something after you frenched your headlights. Just my opinion and everbody has there own likes and dislikes.

20. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

hagan headlights...worst thing ever designed for a car. go with the mercs, or 56 olds rings, or 53/4 buicks

21. Ah yes, Hagen. The one thing I always hated about my old Pontiac

Attached Files:

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Hagen's suck, they suck, oh did I mention this? They suck, in a big sucky suck sort of way, they are the suckiest, when combined with Briz bumpers none can suck more, it is the very acme of suckiness.

23. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

i'm gonna be an outcast,but i say it anyway......on 99 percent of cars the hagan kit's don't look right to me,but i extended the front fenders on my 53 chevy and installed their kit...i'm happy with the results......maybe not super traditional,but fuck it...it's mine and i'm good with that

Attached Files:

24. haring

haring

Hagan makes a french vanilla that ain't so bad.*

[​IMG]

*Hagan is a Pittsburgh ice cream company. I think we can agree that everyone loves ice cream.

25. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yes, those ice cream tubs have more style than the Hagen frenching kits, you could just fiberglass those into your fenders, would look pretty good.

26. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

man, that's screaming for 55 olds rings Eric!:D

27. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

i thought i would be first in line to bash hagan frenching kits

guess im a little late in the game.

if you want an kit
    thenightprowlers sell a complete kit that you weld in, havent seem them in real life though but seem ALOT nicer then hagans

hagans make any car look ugly
    even the ugly ones

28. That would look killer, if I ever buy it back I think that would happen.

29. jmn444

jmn444

anybody got pics of the night prowlers kit installed? I'm assuming I should get the whole kit w/ buckets and all, but maybe someone can tell me if there's a better way? Not looking for cheaper, just want it as cleanly installed as possible...

30. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

those kits make the car look like it is surprised