Register now to get rid of these ads!

My trip to the GNRS ends early in tragedy ( wreck )

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Jan 22, 2007.

1. flacoman

flacoman
    from Sunrise FL

As long as you're walking and talking ,the cars you can fix.
    That part that hurts is seeing all the hours erased by some thoughtless toad.
    "illigetimi non carborundoum"
    Translation : Don't let the bastards wear you down.

2. movingviolation

movingviolation

I am glad to hear you and your wife are fine...yea the trailer and rod can be repaired.....Sorry to hear of your bad luck....well maybe it was good luck....your alive.

3. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I sure am glad you guys are ok. The world would be perfect if it wasnt for other people. haha. They guy who ran you off the road.....did he stop?

4. When I saw the title of your post on the cover page of the board I was afraid that you had crunched your roadster. Glad to see that your car is largely intact and that you and your wife came through this KO. Am I correct in thinking that the guy that caused it didn't stop?

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That blows! Glad y'all are OK.

6. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Wow,holy shit,I'm really sorry to hear about this.But nobody got hurt,so ya that matters,plus the car can be fixed.

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Great to hear you two are alright.

8. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Dude,
    Compared to life, liberty and all that other crap, what's really important is that you and the wife are okay......Compared to that, dueces are a dime a dozen. I'm glad to read that you and the misses are good to go. The 32 can be repaired. It's just blood and money ;)
    Pat

9. What a bummer Randy. Hard way to switch to a HiBoy.

Was looking forward to seeing you and your car in Pomona.

Looks like your winter "to do" list is rearranged for sure.

Dennis

10. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Wow, I am glad you both are OK.

11. Bern_29

Bern_29

Sorry to hear about that Randy, but at least you and the wife were able to walk away the roadster no doubt will be repaored in time. ;)

12. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

You KNOW the guy kept going ...

I wanted a new trailer anyway ... :) just not this way. I have a couple real nice fenders stashed aside ... and Lobecks sells new 1932 running boards. I will most likely repaint the entire car.
    the downside is the 3W will be on the back burner NOW ...

Thanks for the kind words and well wishes ...

:D

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Randy, I hardly know what to say. It's all been said about the two of you coming through this intact, and that's a very good thing. The hard part is seeing something you've spent many hours and many $$$$'s on so badly damaged and not by your hand but some brain dead idiot that probably shouldn't have a driver's license. The clincher for me would be to know he was on a cell phone when it happened. We haven't heard from you yet if the guy stopped or you were able to get his plate number, so I'm still hoping one of the two happened.
    Now for a little OT. When I told my wife about it her first response was, "their little dog wasn't hurt was she?" If you remember we lost our female Shi Tzu almost to the day you lost your little pal. When you posted a picture of your new puppy she printed out a copy and has had it hanging on the wall ever since. It's one of the most adorable dog pictures we both have ever seen. Anyway, hope you left her at home under good care, but if not we hope she came through the ordeal unharmed.

Frank

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I see that you posted while I was typing. Sorry to hear about the other guy not stopping. I could have predicted the answer to that one.

Frank

15. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn! Sorry to read/see this, Randy. Glad you and Sue are ok. Get the 3window done, that roadster was gettin' old, anyway:rolleyes: If I can be of any help, PM or call... vic

16. rodsnhawgs

rodsnhawgs
    from WV

Wow!! That had to be one wild ride. I'm glad you guys came out with only material damage... even though that's bad enough. Just out of curiosity... it looks like the deuce shifted in the trailer... did you have the tie-downs criss-crossed or straight? I learned some time ago to never tie down a car in a straight manner... on the occasion I do trailer some kind of car, I always use the criss-cross method.

Lookin' forward to the rebuild... better than ever!

17. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I hate hearing about bad things happening to GOOD people, and you're good people, Randy! I'm happy that you're okay, though. You'll get your car fixed up and your trailer replaced and be back on the road again soon...I know it!

(Maybe you can even get a TWO car trailer and scoop up that certain red 32 we both dig so much someday as well!!;) :cool: )

18. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Sorry to hear about your wreck, so glad that you and the wife are OK.
    God had his eye on you!

19. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

tuff luck, glad your ok.

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Randy,
    When the 1st Americruise was run, We drove up to start off w/the Brizio tour rather than the tour down south here (mooneyes).
    We took off of a Friday & drove up to Santa Rosa,CA. Well while up there I noticed a noise in the driveline. I yanked the driveline & snapped in some new u-joints on Saturday..

In the morning on Sunday we drive down to San Fran and noticed that Rods were already heading the other direction out to I-80.

We did a quick exit & now headed the other way, Well somewhere between Sacramento & Lake Tahoe the shifter drops. We pull over and noitced that fasteners either snapped or vibrated loose and the engine mounts was the only thing holding up the trans.

We could have lost the driveshaft as well as it coming up through the floor.( I will say this though-Not one rod or custom stopped to see if we needed help).

Luckily we had hardware and a couple of jacks. At that point I really felt that we should just say "Screw It" and just go home.

Well, we decided to continue & press on, I wasted a set of very Ir-replaceable dirt track tires on that run to Springfield MO. Infact,Thom Taylor tried get me a set from one of the MFG's on site. We drove home on threads.

That was one of the most fun filled runs I have ever been on. If we never would have continued we could never have experienced americana on the highways/backroads. Yes,there were times that we wondered what the hell we were doing in a fenderless very bare essentialed 34 3W Cpe.

See if you & your wife can grab a flight on out since you already have your tickets to get in. I mean come on out & deal with the mess with the trailer,truck & roadster over the cell phone.
    You will have the time of your life!

Sorry about the damage,but hope that you decide to make a flight on out.
    Kevin

21. Bluedeuce

Bluedeuce
    from New Jersey

NITROFC told me about your misfortune; sorry to hear about it.

Glad you are O.K.

Bluedeuce.

22. sawzall

sawzall

I know exactly how you feel..

the A-hole who hit my chevy had to stop.. (as my fender was under his car)

but alas he had no insurance..

your 32 can be fixed, and it will be better than ever.

really glad I'll still have the oppertunity to see you again

thank god you and the misses are O.K.

23. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I'm glad to hear you and your wife are ok. The car doesn't look too bad. Too bad you couldn't make it to the show.

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Like a broken record....glad to hear you and the Mrs. are O.K. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason. This is a reason to make the roadster even better.
    As for the bastard who hit ya.....what comes around goes around.

25. bonesy

bonesy

I am so sorry for you - at least everyone is OK.

26. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Sorry to hear about the accident, as been echoed before, glad you and your wife are alright.

RRR

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

Sorry you trip got ruined, very glad to hear you all survived.

28. butch27

butch27

Run You Off The Road?? Hell you had a truck. When I was racing I had a motto"We don't have one car wrecks". Now your out and he's motoring on down the road! Just my 2 cents.

29. Lucky77

Lucky77

Like everyone else said, sorry about your luck. Fortunately the things that can't be replaced were okay. I can't believe the guy didn't stop. I hope he's living in absolute paranoia and fear that somebody got his license plate.

30. Randy,

Man, that's rough. Looks like you did a good job keeping it all upright. Glad both of you are OK.

Charlie