Register now to get rid of these ads!

the Circus is back - BJ starts tonight

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Boy and Girls its time for the fat wallet folks to step up and show the rest of us what its like to have money. The Barrett Jackson auctions start showing on TV tonight.

I will admit, I love watching the cars go thru the auction. (its a carshow on TV) and will watch as much of it as I can this week.. plus I get to see how crazy some folks get...

A buddies 32 5 window (he sold earlier in the year) is going thru on Friday night.. it will be interesting to see if the buyer (who he sold it to) makes alittle or a lot of money on it.

2. Is that BOB's ol' green coupe?...HRP

3. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

anyone know about when the "good" stuff is going to be on? I heard some things about roth and dutch stuff?

-Rob

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'll be happily watching from my quiet living room couch this time around. Better yet, I tivo'd it so I could fast forward thru the "expert" commentary portions!

5. I enjoy the excitement of this event although I hope they don't have the english guy who knows nothing but states it as fact anyway.
    I like Mike Joy, seems like a nice guy.
    Hate the little bidder guy that screams.
    Great drama anyhow, the prancing dance of the millionaires.

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

I think the Roth/Dutch auction is tomorrow during the day, I don't think it will be televised. I will be watching as much of the auction as well. hopefully Steve Magnate is back. His commentary about the cars is pretty good. Alan Decadenet (sp?) can suck my ass though, he is a pompous prick. I have much less respect for Brock Yates after hearing how little he knows about most cars as well.

Most of the high dollar stuff goes through Saturday afternoon.

7. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Barret Jackson is a source of never ending joy. My neighbor thinks his rusty, mid 70s, 4 door AMC is worth 10K. Makes me chuckle every time I think about it. :)

8. ks662

ks662

Don't be dissin' my boy Clint,he can sell anything you got!

Attached Files:

9. butch27

butch27

10. I really enjoy watching the show but what really irks me is the guys describing a 69 Camaro as a 2 door.....like they ever made a 4 door.The way they slam trunk lids and hoods would piss me off as well as the guy that grabbed a steel fender tag on a hemi Cuda and bent it back and forth! Fuck says I !!! What an asshole....

11. it seeems to be on almost every night here, has been for awhile.

12. LilDuec

LilDuec

Yeah its cool to watch a bunch of filthy rich guys pay a BUTT load of money for cars. But I think its kind of ruined the prices nowadays. I mean people askin $150,000 for a plain jane 'glass 3 window? A little crazy to me. Not all of em, but they are out there just like ShiftyShifterson said about his neighbor. lol! Not nockin Barret Jackson by any means cuz I still like watchin it. Just my 2 cents thats all. :D

13. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

The recent BJ Behind the Scenes shows really showed us what an asshole Craig J and his right hand man are. Craig needs to demonstrate a little more humility when bidding gets out of control. He's making money off both of the dickhead bidders and needs to keep his cheering down a tad. As far as I'm concerned, this televised circus has royally f----d up the old car hobby.
    But I'll watch it anyway ..................

14. One of the few positive things about not having cable is NOT being tempted to watch Car Vegas :rolleyes:

15. Aewsome!!!

Can someboddy borrow me there hawian shirt,,, I wants to bid me on one of them shiny street rodds

May be ill smoov talk that BJ gal,,, whose alway huggin the biders

16. fuzzface

fuzzface

I try to watch as much as I can too. Screwed up last year. I saw Wrigley's packard limo with the viper engine for sale at $125,000.00. The wife talked me out of it. Sold at the auction for $250,000.00 to a telephone bidder.

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

ya its bob's

18. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I love to watch it. In fact, I was just invited to a BJ viewing party (god that sounds x-rated:rolleyes:) in a pals garage and will probley go watch it there for a few hours on Saturday nite with a bunch of crazy car guys.

Ya know what, if I had the money and wanted a car there, it wouldn't matter how much it cost, if I wanted it, I'd buy it. Money is all relative and assholes come rich and poor, smart and stupid. I'd like to be a smart, nice, rich person and I'd invite all my HAMB buds to the front of bidders row to help me spend my money.:D

19. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Stinky YOU DA MAN! I think you should hop a train and get out there
    maybe you could sleep in a car for a couple nites and maybe leave them a little stinky surprise in the trunk

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

And I would be right there with you, man I enjoy the hell out of it, one of the most fun places to be......hope that don't make me an asshole???

21. Clark

Clark

I've watched it a little but it seems like a Muscle car madness show. Hot Rods don't really bring good money there. I've heard of a lot of the high end hot rods at the other auctions.
    Clark

22. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

only thing I like about BJ is the pavilions car show the week prior and the day of the show.....holy crap its kickin...

23. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i had it in for about an hour,,i was curious to see what T-top '84 cutlass' were going for ,but never saw one?!:D

,,naw ..for real though,.,.,that show alone is the one main reason why this old car hobby is so upside down,,,...

24. You guys need to root for Glen here on the HAMB since his car is in it for sale.

25. I think John D'Agostino's Elvis Cadillac is on sale on Saturday. He calls it the first 1 million dollar custom. It will be interesting to see how much he gets.

26. sawzall

sawzall

ditto..

and I am certain we'll hear about all the drama here on the hamb..

27. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I love watching Barret Jackson. Forget all the drama and people bashing. How can you be a car guy and not love watching all of those beautiful automobiles come across the block?

Doc.

28. hillbillyhell

hillbillyhell

Somebody had to. :D

29. Glen

Glen

Thank you, the Buick is Lot 706.1 and runs Thursday PM. We sold the 64 Nova tonight for $60,000. also watch for lot 437.1 a watson styled custom.

Two things that I saw tonight......Builders losing money, and buyers getting cars WAY less than what it would cost to build one!

here are both of the cars:

Attached Files:

30. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

B/J are making 18% on every sale. Cost $500 just to register. This people are crazy