Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tire paint that doesn't suck?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Abomination, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Abomination

Abomination

I saw this posted over at the 'Ol Skool forum:
    http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/other/tirepaint.htm

It's a white rubber paint that a hobbyist and a chemical engineer developed specifically for use on tires. It looks pretty good! If the claims made are legit, this might be something I may end up trying. It's supposed to have been developed to be elastic enough to be painted onto your tires and not crack or peel.

Check out his pictures and see what you think.

~Jason

2. dude higg had been running white kyrlon on his 56 pick up for about 4-5 years and looks fine. the kyrlon fusion seem to work best.

3. Abomination

Abomination

You know, I'd read the actual Krylon press release on Fusion when they were going to bring it to market. After it had been out a while, I read the brochure.

It seems to be some bad ass shit, there - fully capable of handling being put on a tire.

You know, they have it at the hardware store a few blocks away... maybe it's worth picking up a can to experiment (but not on my wife's Vibe GT - maybe on my '98 S-10... it'll make a great test mule).

~Jason

4. GooGooMuck

GooGooMuck
    from Tacoma, WA

Yeah, fusion is good shit but reguardless of what krylon says as far as their "H2O" paints working on rubber, Bullshit! It looked perfect 'til they got mounted.