Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tell me about your local burger joint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trucked Up, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

We all travel from time to time each year and I am sick of the same 'ol fast food places. Sure would be nice to hear about the local mom and pop type resturants out there in your town.

Who knows might just run into some of you out there at your local greasy spoon.:eek:

2. synthsis

synthsis

Up here we have a small chain, two actually called Weber's and Stewart's. drive up, good food, always fast service. I need to go more often.

3. rodknocker

rodknocker

Tom Wahls, they press out thier burgers with a pie glass and make homeade rootbeer,mmmmmmmmm

4. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

Indy... westside... 10th st... MUG and BUN... rocks..

5. When did corruption rear its ugly head in Chicago poitics?!?! I'm shocked!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

When you're looking for a good place to eat, ask a local police officer. They usually know the good spots for easy good food.

6. lucky loony

lucky loony
    from canada

they tore mine down...been there since '47 or '49...R.I.P. Rodeo drive-in

7. Frank

Frank

Keller's Drive-in in Dallas on Northwest Highway comes to mind.

If your car is low on oil, when you're done eating, just wring the wrapper over your oil fill and you should be good for a 1/2 quart.

8. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

We don't have shit. We have a Varsity...but now they might as well be a chain restaurant. There's also this place called The Grill. It's in the middle of downtown Athens, so that means there is NEVER any parking remotely close to the place.

9. screwtheman

screwtheman

Burky's over off 38th Ave N. Not only is where the weekly cruise in happens, but they make these awesome burgers that they press the patty so flat on the grill, they have to scrape them off when they're ready! Get a double cheeseburger. Not in the mood for a burger? Try the bologna (baloney) sandwich!

10. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

http://www.jerryscurbservice.com/

Been in the same spot since 1947. Looks nothing like it did but the menu is the same....overpriced, greasy food but I like it anyway.

11. The Tomahawk in North Vancouver,BC.You can get a burger that's about 8" tall,with just about anything you can imagine,& some you can't,on it!

12. Fred's! When they're not closed from fire damage(three fires in the last couple of years that I know of) they have great burgers and occasional "fine" dinning. The atmosphere is something to see in itself.

Dwight

http://www.fredstexascafe.com/index.htm

[​IMG]

13. phattpat

phattpat
    from Armada, MI

In Berkley (detroit 'burb), we have an A&W drive-in that was one of the originals, been up since 1950-somethin'.

Down in Dearborn, there's a hole in the wall bar named Miller's. They have four menu items - burger, cheeseburger, fries, and rings. Served on wax paper, and you check out on the honor system - no bills. Voted as one of the top-ten best burgers in the U.S., no bs.

14. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

one of my favs is webers rootbeer 38th peoria (brookside) tulsa okla. its a piece of tulsa history.it was the place to be back in the day.it was part of tulsas" restless ribbon"

15. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

TUXIES, Riverside Ca. been cruisin there since 54. home of the double chili cheeseburgers. Still there, and some of the same cats cruisin with the SAME cars go there.

16. McGrath

McGrath

"Mugs Up" in Columbia Missouri. Been there for 50 years, they make their own Rootbeer, and it's only open in the summer.

Good, greasy food, but I'm not sure the Burgers would be called Burgers. "Loose Meat" sandwich, I think is more accurate.

Somebody at Flickr's website has a photograph of it...

http://flickr.com/photos/10thavenue/89967668/in/pool-americana/

17. Muttley

Muttley

Theres nothing around here other than the usual suspects like Jack In The Crack and Mc Dogfood.

18. cretin

cretin

got a place near my work in van nuys called Bill and Sharons. Tiny little place just big enough for 3 people to work inside, bar seating no drive thru but the best damn burgers youve ever had. We got another place close to my house called the munch box too.

19. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Scooters on Route 36 in Hammond ,IL. Plowboy turned me on to this place, simply outstanding! Cheap, too!

20. wheelzman

wheelzman

21. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Shealy's Bar-B-Que ... Batesburg-Leesville SC ... not burgers ... Bar-B-Que and good ... fried chicken, veggies all buffet ... been there 40 years and going strong ...

22. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

We have a small place here in Spring Hill, Florida called "R and B's Taste of Chicago". Absolutely killer cheeseburgers. Two big patties of meat must total a 1/2 pound or so. Some sort of spices in the meat make it great. You can get that, a big basket of thin fries and a can of soda for about $6. Ahotrod, Wyle E Coyote and myself have lunch there at least once a week. Even have them on speed dial...Lol Mike

23. fordy7coupe

fordy7coupe
    from Wylie, TX

24. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Well, on the East Side (Clinton Township, MI) there's Eddie's Drive-In. Back in the 80s and into the 90s, this place was ROCKIN" on the weekends in the summer! It's kinda dead nowadays, but the food is till decent, and it's a fun place to stop by once in a while if you're in the area!

Attached Files:

25. IGOR

IGOR

We've got Doumar's in Norfolk. Cool old drive-in. Mr. Doumar invented this ice cream cone machine. They still use it there.

26. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Then, on the West Side (Dearborn Heights, MI) there's Dorian's. It's a little coney island/restaurant joint on Telegraph Road right off of I-94, and a fairly well kept secret!:D

If you're looking for cutsey interior decorations or stuffy atmosphere, you won't find it here, but you will get heaps of great food for a super bargain price! Everyone there is friendly and you're only a stranger once, as the old saying goes!

Attached Files:

27. squirrel

squirrel

There was an armed robbery that ended in a gunfight at the Sonic a few weeks ago, one of the robbers was killed by the police.

And the Diner closed about a week later.

We're kind of out of local burger joints at the moment....

28. same here and it sucks. no good "sitdown" resturants around my house.......i have to leave town to get a good meal......fucking yuppies with no taste :mad: . too many claim jumpers, applebees and coco's.

29. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Southern Md........Mechanicsville....Burt's Drive-In. Great food and they have a slamed merc on the roof. I will drive by there tomorrow and get a pic to post.
    Fitysix