Register now to get rid of these ads!

For The Ladies only I need help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by luckydevil, Jan 10, 2007.

1. luckydevil

luckydevil

I'm in the process of planning this years Rock & Race event. At last years event I had a suggestion box. Along with all the usual "free beer" & "more everything" suggestions there were a large number from women that suggested "more stuff for the ladies to do". Being the guy that I am, of coarse I have no idea what that means. So I am asking for all the ladies on this board to please list what they would like to see at a hot rod show.
    For those not familar with the show it is a car show, drag race, swap & vendors, free camping, pinstriping kind of a deal with a bunch of rockabilly bands. It is held at Dragway 42 in July.
    So ladies please help me out. What would you like to see at an event like this???

2. guiseart

guiseart

c'mon girls... this is interesting... bump.

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Male strippers.....and I don't mean male stripers:D

Seriously, I haven't a clue cuz eveything you listed is what I want to do and see at a car event. I don't do the "ladies hop on the bus and cruz to the mall for the day" thing thats offered at NSRA and GG gigs.

I do have an idea though.... nice soaps and lotions in the bathrooms and make sure it's cleaned and checked often for tp and stuff. Nothing worst then an unkempt john.:cool:

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

As instructed by my wife, I'm here to tell you, girls like to shop, clothes etc.

5. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

I wanna see cars :D kustoms, hot rods, bikes, friends!!!!:p
    Might be the wrong place to ask the HAMB women what they want at a show LOL

but most of the women shop!! for womens stuff, like Denise said they like to take the bus to the mall, or if its a small town with little botiques they like to do that. Or have some womens vendors, clothing, purses, jewelry.

I know a lot that like to do trivia or word find car related things, although MOST rely on the men to get the anwsers :rolleyes:

6. usedall9

usedall9

My Girls biggest complaint @ every event!!!!!

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

mud wrestling

8. DrJ

DrJ

Like the "women's craft area" that what brought us those goddamn bumper hanging crybaby dolls. :rolleyes:
    Forget that idea fast!
    If women don't want to do car show stuff they shoulda stayed home, or at the motel.
    (If your wife doesn't like car shows, bring your girlfriend instead?)

Listen to HRLC;
    Service the port-a-potties and maybe have adjustable-to-need "Guys" and "Gals" signs for them so guys don't have to wait for a line of women while they "adjust their girdles" or whatever it is that takes them eight times as long as a guy to finish his business in the plastic green room, and girls don't have to sit on pissed on toilet seats. :cool:

9. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

If its a chick toilet, wouldn't it be called a Jane?

10. Haha I can just picture the women's crafting area haha...

I have been part of planning a few all day events and I am a gal so here is my two cents...

If you are gonna have Rockabilly bands, does that mean a DJ or music playing when no bands are on? Cause if so you can have a Stroll... gals love to dance and strolling you do not need a man for...
    Or a Jive contest...

More women friendly vendors!!! Alot of car related vendors have baby tees for gals or stickers... but someone who sells dress, purses or vintage...

The ever loving Pin up contest... No explantion at all...

This may sound OKIE but something down home will be fun and funny... like a Pie Baking contest and then have a pie walk... But seriously this is fun...

Or be all Grease and have dunk tank or carnival games... Some are very cheap to assmble and they gals can throw darts at pictures of thier mens faces... I know I will pay a dollar to do that haha

xoxox
    PV

11. Shit when is this maybe I will put up a purse booth... haha...

xoxox
    PV

12. bobbiesocks

bobbiesocks

Vendors w/ some awesome clothing for women (vintage,pin up, retro), pin striped purses, vintage hair clips, and lets not forget shoes (maybe pin striped converse). You know the really cool items that you have to search for; make it easier on us. And of course free beer. j/k. :eek:

13. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha, you offering? I might have to make the trip if that is the case :D

Sorry, but I'm with DrJ on this one

"Like the "women's craft area" that what brought us those goddamn bumper hanging crybaby dolls. :rolleyes:
    Forget that idea fast!
    If women don't want to do car show stuff they shoulda stayed home, or at the motel."

No crybabies - of any sort. I go to car events for the cars, the people, the atmosphere and the music. Good vendors are always a bonus. Oh, yeah - clean Johns are also a plus.

The HAMB drags is one of the best events I have been to and there wasn't a single craft item to be seen for miles :D

14. I vote with Roothog................mudwrestling! Or maybe syrup wrestling

15. chopper103in

chopper103in

Beanies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

At events like this I'm normally racing/showing my car so I'm always busy. But I do like the women's vendors (clothes/purses/etc.). Maybe a ladies choice award? Or even a lady driver area/award. Pin up contest is more for the guys then us girls.

17. Banana eating contest.....!!!!!!!:0

18. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

Yes, driver things, I like to do the teeder todder and one time I navagated the blind driver event. That was the funnest thing i ever done!!!!!! (well at a car show) :D we still talk about that and laugh.
    :p one prob though you can not do this with your spouse or significant other !!!!! there are just some things you can't do together, lol
    I grabbed robs buddie cause his wife didn't want to do it either, we won the event 3 times LOL:D

19. luckydevil

luckydevil

This is good stuff ladies. Thanks. The racetrack is building new bathrooms with showers. It will be a huge improvement over last years porta-potties. I will put cleaning on the top of the list. The pin-up girl contest is gonna happen, but like gal6xie5 said I kinda thought that was more for the guys enjoyment.. I like the idea of a ladies only race class... Vendors of purses, dresses, cool jewerly, etc.. Yes. Anyone who would be interested in being a vendor at the show pleaase contact me. Keep the ideas coming.

20. Great theory, but some guys have to take their wives EVERYWHERE to keep the peace, even if the wife knows she won't enjoy it, she just HAS to go anyway. The best way to keep these types happy is to give them an opportunity to spend their man's money. I'm sure female H.A.M.B.ers won't take offence to this because they obviously don't fit this catagory. I hope to laso one one day...

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, no offense taken cuz we know we're in a catagory all our own.:D

22. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

since it's been mentioned that the ladies like to dance, how bout setting up a little class with an instructor?

exotic dancing lessons seems like it could be popular

23. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

:eek: :p Ha Ha we must be weird LOL
    But I bet we have a lot more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

24. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Ok OK ,I will sacrifice myself for the comfort of the ladies. I will spend long hrs. in the womens bathroom making sure everything is up to specs.
    No ,no thanks will be required,I am just a good citizen!!

25. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Weenie bite contest, bobbing fer pickles or a cow milking contest fer the gals.

Just thinking some gals may want to show off other talents. And fer HRLC that would be butt bongos.:)

How about a flat tire changing contest or rebuild a starter contest...etc.

That way they are more useful on the side of the road.

26. Roothawg

Roothawg

Oh yeahhhhhh..........

27. Ahmen brother.

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If there is going to be wrestling of any kind, it needs to be something like chocolate pudding or jello......something that lick-able, then I'm in.:D

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

BUTT.......I get to pick who's cheeks I use.:D

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I'm in agreement about cool pinstriped purses and jewelry (paging Ms.Metal!) and other vendors along those lines. I really like picking up things at shows that are unique to car shows so that way when I wear that shirt or carry that purse I remember all the good times (or bad) that I had that day. As far as a pie baking contest, that would be really fun and unique. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem finding judges! And of course, doing the stroll is always fun! I think games are a great idea. When you have a captive audience for the day like that your chances of getting participants are a lot greater.