Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Wanna Get My Round-Up Ducks in a Row....some questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jan 10, 2007.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I need to make my flight/hotel reservations and I want to make sure that the other "gigs" that surround the Round-Up will be going down on the same days.

Reggie's open house/ BBQ on Thursday afternoon?

Thirsty Thursday that evening, leave from Reggie's place?

South Austin Speed Shop open house that night AND Friday/Sat nites too?

Garage Crawl Friday all day? Reggies leading us again?

Round-Up on Saturday of course

FlyRite Choppers open house/pig roast on Sunday?

Yeah, I'm excited:D

2. Marcy

Marcy

Pretty safe bet.
    Thirsty Thursdays always happens.
    There has always been a Friday garage crawl.
    Flyrite is definate for Sunday.

I'm sure South Austin will be doing something also.

Thanks,
    Marcy

3. Where are ya staying at???
    Burb and I are thinkin of going this year...
    And are so confused on the hotels and locations of them...
    Haha I may bring a few purses for ya too *wink*
    xoxox
    PV

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

ALL the hotels that are listed are very close. I really want to stay at the Austin Motel which is right on Congress and in the heart of the action. They are booked but I've been calling about every other day hoping for a cancellation.

Will probley end up at one of the downtown highrises like Embassy Suites, which is the least expensive of the major ones listed. I'll PM you for sure once I make the reservations.

Speaking of purses, I made my own last weekend. I'm calling it "All About Me":D I'll post some photos in NEXT weeks Friday Art Show as it really is an "art" piece.;) I'll send ya the link as a reminder.:D

Looking forward to finally meeting you in person in Austin.

5. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

If you're bringing purses, then count me in too!
    The Round up is on my list to do but I don't think I will make it this year. I'm saving up for Bonneville so I can do the whole cross country road trip thing the right way.

PV- Come to Ohio to the Hotrod Cinematic! ;)
    I'm sure you gals with have a great time in Austin.

And HRLC-- don't worry about the planned parties, we all know that the real party is where ever you are!:D

6. Purses!!! haha I always get a reaction to that one...
    I always have a few in my truck cause gals always want to see em...

PLEASE HOTRODLADYCRUSER ( i believe its Denise? ) please PM and let me know about the hotels... THANK YOU!!!

Chevygirl hopefully you will make it... I am crossing fingers too... I am suppose to be in CHINA but I already told my boss I do not want to go so I hope nothing comes up where I have to go...
    Burb and I plan on trying to make it to all the events as time goes... But money and time... and Planning a wedding...
    But I made a deal with him for every dollar he saves for Roundup he has to save the same dollar for our wedding... haha...

xoxox
    PV

7. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Roundup's only $50. Not much of a wedding.:D

8. OH love to see the purse...
    ALL ABOUT ME!?!?!
    Gotta love that name...
    xoxox
    PV

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

so here's where all the chicks hang out. hellooo, Ladies!...and you too, Buzzard.:D

10. Well plane tickets from LA, CA. Hotel. Food. Drinks. Fun. It adds up.
    We have 15,000 from my Ma for the wedding and we have to come up with the rest. So we are counting pennies...

xoxox
    PV

11. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Wow, that really will be a nice wedding!

Hope ya'll make it out. The only thing my wife needs more than more shoes is more purses!

12. Well a gals 1st wedding should be splashy haha...
    But I already told my Ma don't worry the 2nd marriage will be a Vegas drive thru in a 62 Caddy...

I'll let ya know where to find me for some purses haha...

xoxox
    PV

13. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Oh no I can see the round up wife/gf shopping spree getting organized already. My wife would love it.

14. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

you don't need any stinking flight reservation if you drive your car

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sure wouldn't, but I'd need 4 extra vacation days for the drive down there and back.:p I only get 14 vacation days a year and I'm DRIVING out to B'ville for Speed Week in August. 2008 I get 21 vacation days and I'll be able to do more.:D

Which car are YOU driving to the Round-Up this year.:rolleyes:

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

LOL! Your wife does like buying purses at the RoundUp doesn't she.:D
    I can't wait to show her my new one. She's going to love it.:cool:

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Hello sweetie!;)

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Trying to call Denise out for not driving her car enough strikes me as a little strange.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I really think he intended to put a smilie face at the end there but forgot or something..........I mean who would take a statement like that seriously....not me.:D

20. Haha sounds like I should pack a few extra suitcases of Purses... I will be showing them out of the trunk of our car rental... Seriously!!! :p

xoxox
    PV

PS the gals on here just ROCK!:D

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Very cool! Got anything on the "funky" side? I have a fetish for license plate purses and ones that are "different". Here's a few of my favorites.

[​IMG]

A cigar box, a 45 record case that I use as a purse, the dark cylinder one with the brass on it in the middle is made from a soup can.
    [​IMG]

The one I'm currently using which will be swapped out this weekend cuz my new ones striping will be complete and ready to use.
    [​IMG]

22. lehr

lehr

Training ducks is a bitch !

23. Dirty2

Dirty2

As little as Danyelle is I may have to make her one out of a motorcycle plate... Hey thats more bonding. I like it.

24. DENISE those ROCK!!!
    You made the plate bags?!?!?
    LOVE EM!!!!!
    Think we should get together and start Hot Rod Bags haha...
    xoxox
    PV

25. Denise, don't forget to bring an extra purse for Leslie. I'm sure he... um, she?... would appreciate it.

I stayed at the Austin motel in November. Funky hotel, but the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I'm not cool enough to stay there for the Roundup.

I'm booked at the Homestead again this year, Cammi loves me. :D

26. are the women going on a schudeled 'shopping spree' as we gualk at cars? if so, there are 2 more that would like to take a break from men and cars, leave us and spend our $. let me know

27. nah.... it's easy....

Attached Files:

28. BELLM

BELLM

Denise don't know about all the rest but you can definitely count on Thirsty Thursday. We won't be working on Billy's roadster this year but Louie's tub is in major thrash mode right now so maybe you can help finish that.
    Don't let Cindy see no purses for sale, last year she bought a Trophy Queen then had it pinstriped out @ Flyrite on Sunday! You know how many cool hot rod parts she could have bought with that money!!!:D

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No, no, no, sorry for the confusion:confused: .....someone, Little Earth Products out of PA, ( www.Littlearth.com )beat us to the punch. I was just showing you a couple of photos of my current favorite purses. My new one "All About Me" is in Chicago right now getting striped and I'll pick it up tomorrow on my way to Milwaukee, hence the reason I don't have a photo of it now.

If your interested in pimping more lines of purses I can HIGHLY recommend the line of license plate ones. I've been carrying these around for over 10 years and a day does NOT go by that someone, males and females alike, strangers, make a positive comment regarding my purses. I should really carry a couple dozen in my truck cuz I swear I could sell at least one a day, more in the summer at car events.......maybe THATS how I could raise extra $$ for a top for Big Olds:D

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I can sympathize with you sweetheart but trouble is I'm torn. I'm a girl and like purses and shoes AND hot rod parts. Probley the reason why my cars not done.:D

Tell Cindy I said "hi" and I'm looking forward to seeing her in a couple of months.

My dilemma is if I take a 6am flight out of Detroit for Austin I arrive in time to head to Reggies but that means getting up about 3:30am and of course Thursday evening being dead tired. Well worth it if Reggies having a get-together. If not, then I can sleep in alittle, take a 8 or 9am flight arriving in time for Thirsty Thursday more rested. I guess I'll just PM Reggie and ask him.

Since FlyRite is having their gig I'll fly out late afternoon on Sunday.