Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi's Kumeu ? stand up n be counted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55olds88, Jan 8, 2007.

1. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey,
    Who's heading up to Kumeu, fancy a beer ?? traditionally at my stall on Sat at some stage, lets make it a little later in the day shall we say 3pm ?

2. B4bazz

B4bazz

I will be there all weekend. I'll catch up with you and buy some magazines.

3. 55olds88

55olds88

Sounds good Barry, I will be there from Friday sometime, with amongst other things Mad Fab 4 DVD's and a heap of Blankets I'm picking up today.

Paul.

4. Firefly

Firefly

Blankets! Do you have beads and muskets too??

I, personally, am hoping for a HAMB calendar :D .

We will catch ya on Saturday.

5. 55olds88

55olds88

no Muskets or beads, only looking to trade on Kumeu not all of West AKL :)

Still got your one here.

6. Rckt98

Rckt98

Apologies from me this year. Been in touch with ironfly28, he is not too far so will pick up your bits next week.

7. bardahl1

bardahl1

We'll be there, in a black '32 with california plates. But do ya'll really drink beer down there?

Topping and Keelywitz

8. 55olds88

55olds88

Only when the sun's up, after that its strictly the good stuff :) (or in my case being the 1% of Kiwi's not a beer drinker, its the good stuff from moment 1) are you serious about being there or pulling my leg ? if your down here let us know.

9. bardahl1

bardahl1

We're not there yet but the Roadster is. We'll arrive next Thurs morning and will be floundering around with Craig Stare and Steve Keys. We'll be in country for a few weeks, going down to Craig's show in Christchurch as well as the Pre-49's and Craigs Birthday Party. I'm not much of a beer drinker but I am looking forward to some Montieths summer ale. Stop by and say Hi, we're easy to find with that old roadster and one can never know too many Kiwis.

10. 55olds88

55olds88

Cool, Will catch you there, and probably down at Craigs show on the Sunday too.... prepare your self for a big weekend there..

11. SimonSez

SimonSez

Cool - sounds like you will be in for a good time !

12. bardahl1

bardahl1

Been to Craigs before, had a great time. Looks like Craigs birthday party will be the real circus. We look forward to meeting you all........

- Topping and Keelywitz

13. Blue

Blue

I'll be putting in an appearance at Craig's show too. May catch up for a quick hello.

Paul, will you be posting my calendar or will you take it to Rangiora?

I'm gonna hate missing Kumeu this year.

14. Blue

Blue

Cancel that last question Paul.
    Calendar received this morning. It's been at the local Post Shop since Monday.
    It's bloody awesome! Big thanks.

15. Alfster

Alfster

Sorry mate, gunna miss Kumeu this year. Can you save me a MFS 4 dvd please. Let me know how much and I will send you some money.

16. bardahl1.........looks like you're in for a fun trip. Please do us all a favor and take some pics and post them on the H.A.M.B. for us to enjoy along with some stories of your travels. I'm a non drinker and I tell people they kicked me out of NZ for that reason! Good luck!

17. Great to catch up today Paul.
    Can you please save me a madfab 4, will give you $$ at Kumeu.
    Will view the rest then as well as I may have spare money.... :)
    Cheers,
    Cruisin'

18. 55olds88

55olds88

Yeah, shame about hte weather and punters,still same every year..... will save you both a copy, Alfster will toss you a PM.
    Topping, not the best roadster weather today, next week will be better :) I gather you are going to drive down to Christchurch in the Rod ? you will have a blast.

See you at Kumeu, look out for the black n yellow 55 olds, Steve Knows me.
    Paul.

19. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Hi Paul,

We'll be there on Friday but heading down to the drags on Sunday morning. I'm doing a Beach Hop stall at Kumeu so will be tied to that most of the day - will try and sneak over at 3pm if I can. Otherwise the beers will be on ice in our chilly bin anytime...

If you have anything you want me to peddle then drop them off and I'll try to sell them for you. I'm mainly doing registrations for the Hop - we're 125 cars up on BH06 at this stage so it is looking good. Just about a done deal with Slim Jim Phantom as our special guest and I got a surprise email from Candy Clark last week. Hmmmm... maybe 2008?

Not sure what car I'm taking up to Kumeu yet - probably the green flake 27 T roadster, but maybe the BH chopped Falcon convert (it is looking really sharp now...). Got a wof on the roadster today, so it needs a good run...

Catch you then!

Noddy

20. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey Noddy,
    do you have a site ? I'm heading up Friday could set up next door if that would work for you ?
    Hopefully Sharpy is up and able to do a stint for me when the wife and young un come out (suppose I better talk to him about that....) :)

21. bardahl1

bardahl1

Thats the plan, we've got a digital camcorder and cameras. I've got some interest from some Mags about doing articles. This adventure will be documented.

22. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Hi Paul,
    Leakers (Craig) from the HRM Forum is gonna be there on Thursday and he is saving us a couple of sites - do you want me to ask him to get you one as well?

I always take the cheap seats at Kumeu - all we can afford and I made a killing last year there last year. Would be good for us both to work in together, and we can have 2 chilly bins full of beers for the HAMB beers.....

Now how is that for a cunning plan?? ;)

Let me know and I'll ask Craig to get the extra site.

Cheers,

Noddy

23. 97

Leakers from NZHRM forum = 97 at the HAMB

24. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey 97/Leakers or Noddy, sounds like a grand plan, save me a spot if you would be so nice as too ?? might ever score some reading material as payment :) hope to be up there mid Friday, as per usual cutting my freight arival down to the wire.

25. 55olds88

55olds88

What a weekend, was a tad underslept/over hung and suffering from dodgy kebab/burbon/ice poisining on Sat along with ever changing weather so a little less then my normal self.......

Craig and Noddy thanks for the spot, bardahl1 didn't run into you but did catch your roadster, very nice (its in the pics below somewhere inside one of the sheds.....), perhaps catch you in Christchurch.
    Caught a few folks over the weekend, but didn't catch a HAMB Beer, never mind 97 and Noddy got some beers :)
    Been cheeky and posted a link to the NZHRM forum's pics below if any one wants to take a look, and Gene Winfield's exellent, was having a chat on friday when I found my self standing next to him after about 5 min I figured who it was :) last seen at about 4:30 yesterday arvo trying to start a tru-test mini bike the Scroungers had hanging about, man he looks and acts way younger then he is, top bloke.

http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=990&page=6&pp=10

26. Alot of good pics!! Can someone post them on here without the link so they won't be missed. Looks like an awesome turnout!
    4ever4...... haven't forgotten. I'll get to it soon.

27. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

You doin' this again for 2008 Paul?

28. 55olds88

55olds88

sure as hell are, need to find a spot, up there on friday early arvo with the family for Friday night, anyone up earlier and feel like tracking down a nice corner for me feel free :)

29. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

Sorry! Cheques signed by "Dunlop" not accepted anymore...Neither are Roubles...or Cambridge monoply notes.:cool:

:D:D:D:D:D happy new year Ian and to you and your family the best wishes!! Ron B.