Register now to get rid of these ads!

john kelly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamdpup, Jan 7, 2007.

1. slamdpup

slamdpup

thank you dude..i had a chance to get out my shrinking disk finally..played around with it for awhile learning how to use it..figured out the shrinking mehtod ..i have to say its the best fucking tool i own now.....thanks again..if theres any tips and tricks that this tool can do please let me know... ..or anyone else have any:)

2. John_Kelly

John_Kelly

Thanks! The shrinking disc is one of the best learning tools there is for sheet metal. You have probably already seen my shrinking a reverse shape technique. A great, intuitive way to make a difficult shape easily.

I'm working on a section of dent repair this week for my video that shows traditional methods as well as a faster, easier to learn technique that is slightly less puzzling than hitting down with a hammer to bring the metal up, as in on dolly stretching.

The shrinking disc is so much more than simply the best metal finishing tool there is. My DVD: Custom Metal Bodywork will have a section showing two ways to build your own shrinking disc as well. Can you tell I love this tool? Now if there were a way to make it more quiet..

John www.ghiaspecialties.com

3. screwtheman

screwtheman

Hmm... does this mean I should wait for the new DVD?

4. FEDER

FEDER

I have used My disc I got from John on the My Merc chop and My Shoebox chop. The disc made the difference especially on the A pillars at the roof and the c pillar on the sides and top.Cool thing was I got free instruction from THE MAN when I picked it up. GREAT TOOL!!! FEDER

5. Gumpa

Gumpa

Don't mean to hijack the thread but John are you going to be able to make it to the Westport Super Cruzz again this year. I have had a few people tell me that they didn't even know you were there. I thought we announced it alot and all but I guess they were not paying attension. Gumpa

6. slamdpup

slamdpup

when does the DVD come out...please pm me when its ready