Register now to get rid of these ads!

48 Dodge update for anyone that care II

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41 C28, Dec 10, 2006.

1. 41 C28

41 C28

Got the engine in and mounts and cross member in place today.
    Have to finish welding everything up now and then start on the steering and brakes.

Attached Files:

2. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

3. 41 C28

41 C28

318 with a 904 transmission.

4. Nice job! Keep it mopar. Looks like the LA 318 goin in. I'm doin the same on my 48 Plym Coupe. 340/727 though. I've cut out the firewall already and am fabbin the new one in. Found the bell on the 727 was too close to the floor for me. Just need to do that, wire it, install the rack and tilt the frt.end then c'mon spring. May take me till the end of march, but i'm in it for the long haul. I love this stuff. keep pushin, you'll get there.
    later

5. 41 C28

41 C28

Thanks, I'll have to do a little firewall work to.

6. Oh yea, the valve covers were the other reason for the firewall redo. don't like my shit that close to the body.

7. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

41c28, Looks like you have the motor centered, how are you going to be with the steering? You planning on using the original box or you going with a rack & pinoin, or something else?
    Gene

8. 41 C28

41 C28

I'm going to use Cavalier R & P.

9. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I'm about in the same stage you are. except I'm running a 383/727 in my 47 coupe.
    I have my cav rack mocked up in my dodge. I got my rack from ebay $65 shipped let me know if you have any questions.

Gene is the man. He has been very helpful. I'm doin mine a bit different though. We'll find out how things work.

10. i'll be doing the same thing on sunday in my 51 plymouth. except i'm running a sbc.

11. Looks great 41 C28.

I had to alter the passenger's side of my firewall when I had my 440 in my '40, looks like your small block should have more room than I had.
    What will you be running for a rear?

More pics!

12. Gumpa

Gumpa

Thanks to the weather here you are way ahead of us. We did get the Dakota home and the front sheet metal off it before it hit. Took the doors off the Dodge House and both the Shop and Dodge house roofs leak real bad now. We are still waiting on the insurance company over that one. It has been back to back storms here and we have another one waiting just off shore for this next week. Hopefully the El Nino thing will warm us up and stop some of this crap. Gumpa

13. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Keep posting away with your progress. Even though I'm a dyed in the wool Ford broad, my mom owned a '48 Plymouth 4-door and I may want to build one some day if the right one comes along. Yours is great inspiriation...:)

Jan