Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Banjo axle help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Ok, heres the deal. I have a Ford banjo rear end that I cannot identify. It is a later juice brake rearend. The bells are roughly 24 1/5 inches long like a 40 style, but the torque tube is pretty long, with short radious rods, like a 46-48. The wierd thing is, the torque tube has a sleve in the center, like they lengenthed it, only it's factory. How do I know this? The long continuous weld all the way up the torque tube goes over this sleeve. The other really odd thing is, there is no slip joint on the drivline, meaning that the driveline and pinion gear are one unit, you cannot seperate them, like a model A. This is defenetly a later rear end, but this is very puzzeling to me. Can anyone help me identify what this is out of?
    Chris

2. Chris, Lincoln Zephyr......Ed

3. jetmek

jetmek

the lincolns ive seen were a hypiod rear....the pinion wasnt centered on the ring gear. i think he has a mercury rear...ive got a really rusty one like that out back......

4. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

yeah the lincolns look ALOT different then the fords
    i'd say mercury too as i think most of them had the pinion/driveshaft as one piece

Zach

5. rodrelic

rodrelic

Merc, and may be a higher gear like 3:54

6. Well, yes, it does have 3:54 gears...

7. Andy

Andy

Yes, It is a 41 Merc. I have had a couple of them.