Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ozzie needs a shoebox radiator in GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie G, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Okay Georgia, we have a HAMB'r travelling from Alabama to Miami with his new Shoebox. Sure enough, Mr Murphy snuck along for the ride and he is having problems.
    Right now he is at a parts store near exit 312 off I-75.
    He's waiting for a AAA tow to exit 212.
    Anyone between Atlanta and Valdosta have a radiator they can part with?
    Give him a call.

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ozzie is having just about the worst luck on this trip that anyone could have. Ozzie just called and said he's in Calhoun and will be towed to just about 30 miles south of Atlanta. So yep, like StevieG said he either needs a radiator OR a ragiator shop that could weld up the bottom for him. If not, he'll call AAA AGAIN and have them tow him to just about the FL boarder.:eek:

Can anybody help a brother out??

3. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

As I have done for roadside repair, get radiator solder and a butane lighter to stop the leaking. Remove radiator. Dry it first and sand or wire brush the area. If tubes leak crimp them and solder.

GOOD LUCK , BUMMER TRIP!

4. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Hotrodfreak, words out of my mouth!

5. My cell is dead, can someone call him with this info from Dancinbear?

Radiator Shops close to I-75.I don't know any of them.
    Stockbridge Ga around exit 228
    Stockbridge Radiator Shop 770-389-4253
    McDonough Radiator and Electric 678-583-9991
    Fast Radiator Svc Riverdale Ga 770-996-5945
    Bens Radiator Macon Ga 478-743-5548
    These are the the shop that are close to where he is going.Hope this helps Bill Mitchell

6. Frank

Frank

On the bright side, when he gets to his destination sounds like he ought to have a lot of bugs worked out. Drive em and break em till they stop breaking all the time and builds your trust. He'll either curse the day he ever decided to make the drive in it or look back on the situation with fondness and stories to tell the grandkids.

Hopefully the latter.

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

UPDATE: AAA was giving him a hard time so they finally agreed to tow him 150 miles to Macon, GA (100 free, he'll pay for 50)

He doesn't think he has the knowledge to fix the radiator, the whole bottom is split open, plus he's exhausted. He wants a good nites sleep in Macon, GA tonight, once he gets towed there and is looking to pay someone, IE: StevieG? to tow him to Ft Laderdale, Florida in the morning.

StevieG, can you do this for him, he's willing of course to pay. OR do you have any radiator repair facilities in Macon, GA that I can relay to him?

I'll wait here for your reply......or I'll be in the kitchen "baking fucking cookies"

8. I just got a call from him.
    Gave him the number to the shop in Macon.
    We'll see how that goes.
    I can tow him if I can get some help moving the shop into storage.
    Trying to work with him.
    I hope it comes together one way or another.

9. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

He can probably temp fix it with JB Weld or something similar - as long as he doesn't put the cap back on & pressurize it.

With his cooling woes, might see if a rad shop can fix it quickly first...

10. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

A temp fix is probably best. After all this, the flathead is probably on some pretty thin ice versus a sbc. :) Neal

11. Okay, anyone near Locust grove?
    AAA was really going to stick it to him for anything beyond 100 miles.
    I'm trying to free up my schedule for a the next few days but, I have to be out of my shop by the first.
    Anyone want to help move a shop into storage units?

12. Anybody near Locust Grove that could put him up for a day or two while I get things sorted out?
    He's on a tight budget and the hotel rooms weren't part of the original plan.
    A Radiator would be the best.
    Anyone?
    Bueler?

13. Thumper

Thumper

Here's a bump hoping he can get help.

14. 305.216.8395
    Give him a call.

15. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

16. chopndrop

chopndrop

17. slamdpup

slamdpup

im sorry i didnt check the hamb earlier today..i live in mcdonough just 10 miles above locust grove..i could have probably hooked him up with a old ford parts guy down the street.....in always late for shit...sorry guys..he's not far from summit racing in mcdonough..they are exit 216 on 75 south

18. RodLand

RodLand

bump for the morning.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Please call him and give him the phone number of the old Ford parts guy. Ozzie is stuck in LocusGrove at a motel

20. lucidalien

lucidalien

another big bump. good luck

21. Ozzie

Ozzie

Hello from Ozzie, Now in Locust grove, GA Off I-75 south and Exit 212 at the Econolodge!

Well it's been exciting, Still in high spirits. the radiator split open and the belt pullies don't really match up, The pulleys are all thin and the one for the fan is a thick one, Or an earlier year i wrecken, cause I read on a site that the 50-51 engines had the thinner pulleies, Might be the reason why when the fan pulley shaft was repaired yesterday, the belt wouldn't line up properly again., So I bypassed the fan with just the right size belt 31 inches and went straight from the pulley to the passenger side water pump.

Now for those of you in the know, My heads say 8RT, which I believe is a truck engine. This Flathead seems to have a few other than 8RT parts on it, but when I finally get home---Hopefully before next year.. I'll post a bunch of pictures and get it really squared away as to what I have and how to make the most of the engine I have.

I'm gonna post this on the other thread for those who don't subscribe to this one. I really Appreciate all that Denise and the Hamb have been trying to do for me. Will post the reat in the other thread now.

THIS JUST IN....... A guy by the name of Wayne from a Radiator Shop in McDonough about 8 miles away is coming here right now to see the radiator and tell me what can be done.... Will update as soon as I can!!!!!!....
    THIS MAY BE IT!!!!, It MAY BE IT!!!! WOOOO HOOOO......

22. SHRUM

SHRUM

Keep us posted. Good Luck.

23. Ozzie, keep your spirits up and it will work out. Sorry to hear about all the troubles, you will make it home!

24. Movinman

Movinman

If the car is still in Macon on the 3rd, I can put it in the back of one of our tractor trailers that will be heading back down to Pompano Beach.

Let me know if I can help.

25. I'm heading down to macon tomorrow....if you need anything that i can help with, let me know.... 262-470-1647

i'll check back on this and call later today or tomorrow am.

26. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

27. chopper103in

chopper103in

ozzie back on the road yet?

28. fishtank

fishtank

If you have to get a new one try Lakeshore Radiator in Macon, 1-800-633-5027. They are pretty good. I don't know if they will have the exact fit, but they will probably have something close. If I can help let me know, 478-335-8987.

29. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Keep yer heaad up... and take notes, it'll make a good story later on.

:D

-W

30. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Back to the top again