Register now to get rid of these ads!

9-1-1 H.A.M.B.er DOWN!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Dec 15, 2006.

1. guiseart

guiseart

Thank you all for the support. Greg is doing excellent! Doctor says he can probably come home today!!! I printed off a couple hundred get wells from you folks and he really appreciated them. Thank you again and may God bless each and everyone of you this coming new year. Merry Christmas! Sharon

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. sololobo

sololobo

Sharon, thanks for the 10-4 on Gregs situation, we are all thinking good vibes for his recovery. I'm sure he will get the best in home nursing with your credentials, I have admired his work and hope to someday own some. Let me tell Greg a story about his hometown, Juncion City, Ks., I am a vintge clothing dealer and shopped around a lot of towns on my way back to Nebraska from the Lone Star Roundup in Austin, Tx., in Junction City I scored an old-old pair of Lee jeans that netted me $1,555.22, that paid for my Lone Star Roundup trip, Junction City is really cool with all the native sandstone buildings in the downtown area. Your friends in the Midwest, The Roadburners of Omaha-Sololobo!!

4. Madame Guiseart, tell Greg things are ganna be Okey Dokey. With today's medicine and technology, four by-passes are a walk in the park. I had seven, yep seven, on 9-11-01, yes, that 9-11 and have never felt better in my life. Just two weeks ago, my buddy and machinist had a heart attack and had seven by-passes also. He is already back at his job, only doing paperwork, but back anyway. Greg will be fine and we will have him with us for many a year to come. Just tell him "no more Micky D's for him.

5. Welcome news. God bless and enjoy holding everyone just a little closer this Christmas. LIFE---newbirth--- that's what it's all about.
    Prayers continue...

6. yblock292

yblock292

I met him last year , great guy, prayers are out to you all!

7. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Our prayers for you all have been sent and we'll continue sending them.
    God Bless You and Your Family

8. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

hoping for the best and a speedy recovery

9. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Damn...hope you're feeling better real soon bud.

10. Robin B

Robin B
    from Finland

Hang on, and you´ll be posting new stuff in notime.
    An artist never gives up that easily.

11. Wesley

Wesley

That sounds great, make sure you let us know when he is well enough to play on the computer again. Then we can really let the harrassment begin:D

12. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

:)
    that's great to hear!!!!!!!!! , I love it when I get good news for the holidays.

Buzz Bomb

13. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Im glad he is doing good. I had a massive heart attack in june and i lucked out sort of. although i have 20 percent heart damage i only needed a stint in the main artery to the lower half of my heart. I didnt know it was comming . Hit me at about 1 or 1:30 in the morning and i also was brought back from dead several times before they fixed me. Rehab is next ..He will get to like it after a few visits . I did.. My problem was i was out for 7 days and i cant remember shit for 10! When i did come to i was so sore i couldnt sit or walk with out hurting. I really couldnt wait to get to rehab!
    Anyway tell him get well soon and good luck. Also take it easy its gonna be a different world for a while.
    Dave

14. NoSurf

NoSurf

I talked to Greg this afternoon. He is doing well, at home and resting up, and should be back on here causing trouble soon.

15. Muttley

Muttley

Thats great news. Thanks for the update.

16. guiseart

guiseart

OW!
    That Friggin' HURT!!!!!!

Well, back at home...everything is sore but it's all working I guess... 30 year smoking habit getting kicked... eating smarter... enjoying every day.... Love you all... thanks for your support and thoughts, I will write more later, and contact everyone back with PMs who needs one.... thanks again all, I got more contacts and concern from my HAMB Family than my own, and that's just fine with me.

Greg

17. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Glad to see you back Greg, get strong so we can tell some more lies at the drags next year.

Take care and good luck on kickin the smokes, I've got 20 years behind me in April.

B[​IMG]B

18. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Hey he's back!!!!!!

Glad to see ya home buddy!!!

My dad quited smoking about 7 or 8 years ago, he used those patch things, good luck erry christmas and happy new year to man.!

19. Glad your able to get to us in person.
    Merry Christmas, Greg. (Stay away from the Christmas goose. )

20. RodLand

RodLand

Good to see you back! Quit smoking, the patch works! Merry Christmas.

21. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

:D :D :D :p :p WOW!!!! glad to see everything went well , take care buddy and kick those f@cking cancer sticks!! , I'm in the works of stopping as we speak and you have made me even stronger to kick them myself . Take care and enjoy the greatest christmas gift ever ,
    The gift of life ;) .

Buzz Bomb

22. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

Good to see you're back home and on the road to recovery

23. Wow.

I went and saw my Dr last Monday and she said "I am concerned about your cholesterol and BP...." and I thought "Ah shit I am only 41..." she told me to take some drugs for a while until I get my shit straightened out. Now, I have never smoked. I rarely drink... I just like to eat too many bad things at the wrong time of the day. Now I am working on changing that and I am going to have to start excercising in a way that counts (sex and working on cars isn't enough). Not just for selfish reasons but also because of my wife (35) and my two boys (5 and 1). I gotta make it to 60 just to see my boys become adults.

I guess when we are 17 and invincible we don't think about this stuff... and in our 20's and 30's we think this only happens to 'old' people and now I am in my 40's it's happening NOW. Damn.

Glad you're getting better...

and for the rest of us, watch yourselves and go get yourself checked out even if you're only 30. Today's food/smoking/alcoholic beverages are harder on our bodies than we care to admit.

Travis

24. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Greg, A man with your talent still has many more miles to go on his speedometer. So rest up, follow doctor's orders and think about all the neat etchings you have yet to do. Prayers are working for you and yours.

25. RagDoll

RagDoll

Welcome back! Now stick around and follow Doc's orders so we can enjoy your company for a while longer!

26. Welcome back!!!
    xoxox
    PV