Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need Help in Texas, Longview that is!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Rusty

Rusty

I wish he was closer to me, It takes full day to go there and back and I just aint got the time. I tried calling as well as my dad. I hope it is just a communication problem and he realy aint this sorry. Try Manyolparts here on the Hamb I think he lives close to him

2. 53burb

53burb

This is getting really old and I am tired of good hearted people getting ripped off. Norm, you are too kool of a person to have this happen to ya. I hope you either get yey $$$ back or the car. As for the guy that is doing this, you have blackballed yerself from this site if you are on here or ever decide to set foot in the HAMB world, asshole! Norm, call me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "VIVA LA HAMB" KNUX!

3. topless54

topless54

sent you a pm. I'll be going to dad's (right by where the car is) in the next couple of weeks. I would be glad to help.

4. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

What's the problem? I'd go get it with my trailer and take it home if I was you. I'm afraid I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling about this guy. I'd offer to help but Longview is about 750 miles, one way, from Corpus. Do you have all the necessary documentation to provide proof of ownership? If so, you should be able to just go get it and you don't need his permission. Call the cops and tell them you are going to get your car. Show them your PofO and load her up. Anyone else is just wasting their time. P of O is everything in Texas. You can do whatever you want with your car! To the horses men!:)

5. I have the title for the car, a copy of the check written to him that was cashed.

I think that is proof enough.

I can color scan the title for anyone who will pick up the car.

Got a PM from a HAMB'er who is a detective in that area, not 10 min away. Im calling him too.

Like I said, I appreciate the help thus far. :) Im starting to feel better about this already.

I talked to a Mr. Hogg today as well. He said that he could pick it up on Monday of next week [maybe]and take it to his Hot Rod shop to be picked up by the 8th, 9th or 10th trucking company. I lost count already. If I can get it sooner. Awesome. The funny thing is, Mr. Hogg looked at the car because its positioned in front of Charles house like it could be for sale. The car, if the same one should have the 312 Y block in it, Mr. Hogg said it doesnt and it looks to have a 351 Windsor under the hood. Already, that tells me I should expect the worste because Charles [Rstysht] said it was an all original car.

Either way, what ever it takes, lets grab it and continue w/ life.

6. Update: Just talked to a HAMB'er who is a Detective for the Kilgore PD.

he's going to call some contacts tomorrow at the local PD and make a visit to pick it up tomorrow.

Again thanks!

I should know tomorrow where were at on this.

7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Chopped,

If you have any trouble at all arrainging a trailer to pick up the car just let me know. I'll have my guy meet the detective tomorrow and pick it up if you need me to. LMK.

Doc.

8. Update:

Im getting the car next week. Roman1 is helping me out and has verified the VIN w/ my title. Its good.

My only problem before I can get the car on the hauler is; there are 3 flat tires that I need to have changed to Air Holding tires.

Can anyone do this for me?

I will send to them my personal HAMB Chop 06' shirt and $$$ for a case of beer for the help.

Anyone?

Roman1 will help in the coordination of getting this done. He is Kilgore PD.

Please PM me. I need this done by Tuesday of next week to meet the next transport.

Thanks again to all who have helped thus far.

9. That's great. I haven't heard much cop bashing lately, maybe this will help keep it that way.

10. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

bttt. Someone give Norm a hand. He is in the home stretch.

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'll do it. Call me at 318-773-5998 or 318 797-7208 and I'll make it happen.

Doc.

12. lonely king

lonely king

good to hear your getting your car norm..kudos to all who helped him..

13. Doc called me today and told me that he's going to get the Merc on rollers.

Thanks again for all the help.

There are no words to express my gratitude other than the HAMB is the real deal. Truly a Family of great rodders and traditionalists who think not of themselves first, but others when in need.

Seriously, its "tear jerking" that even I get a 'mustard seed' amount of that kindness. Its Amazing!

Thanks! :)

14. 53burb

53burb

What goes around, comes around. Karma Norm. You do alot for others, so now the favor has been returned. You needed help and a HAMB'r came to the calling! KNUX!

15. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

whoa, how'd I miss this thread??? You're getting your car Norm? I still need to get my two cars! :mad:

16. 53burb

53burb

Seymour. Are you having the same problem that Norm is with the same guy? KNUX!

17. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

Yes, but I bought two cars off a friend of his. I think the guy I got my cars off of is legit, but I don't have any contact info since I went through Charles........

18. Seymour, sent you a PM.

19. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Update,

Met up with Roman this morning a little after 8:00 am. He's a stand up dude, and the trip would have been worth it just to meet him. Anyway, the rubber at all four corners looks like it ceased to resemble a tire some time during Nixon's administration. We took the wheels down to Kimbo's tire (I swear) and tried to get some rubber mounted up. Two of the rims leaked air from the face of the rim (rusted through). I don't speak spanish, but I'm pretty sure Kimbo swore a couple of times. The total count was 2 jacks,4 jackstands,1 lugwrench, 1 cardboard box, 4 tires, 7 rims, 1 2x8,1 hotcake breakfast, 1 cheeseburger, 2 cokes, 6 hours, and two HAMBers.
    One of the rim's bolt pattern is off just a bit, but Roman is gonna adjust it with his hot wrench and put it on in the morning.. The other three wheels are mounted. Norm, tell your transport guy that the car is ready to be picked up.

Doc.

20. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

tripple A plus will come out with a flatbed and tow you 100 miles , 4 tow`s a year , and you can use them all 400 miles , and they will send a flat bed wrecker to you ! for $78.00 bucks a year !

21. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Let's hear it for Doc and Romain! Great job guys.:cool: :)

22. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

I second that! To shitty it had to be done this way, it should have never happened. Bad things will happen to bad people.:mad:

23. Holy cow. What can I say to you both to express my gratitude again.

4 tires, a long day. Amazing.

Thank you to you both.

The HAMB is a great place.

24. Roman1 - If you read this, PM me. I'll buy you lunch at the "Back Porch" when I get back home after the holidays.

25. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I noticed the Merc was still sitting there last night, but it looked like all the tires are up.

26. should be picked up today or tomorrow. :)

27. redrepo69

redrepo69

Did you get your car picked up?

I've met this guy before and looked at a couple projects, but didn't make a deal..... know exactly where his place is, and I work in this area from time to time.

Didn't have any idea of the problem you are/were having.... I repossess cars for a living, and wouldn't mind helping if I can ((not trying to get paid, just trying to help if needed, no $$ involved))...... Hope u all had a good Christmas.

28. crowerglide

crowerglide
    from Tyler, TX

I just drove by there about an hour ago, and the Merc's still sitting there...

29. redrepo69

redrepo69

30. kisam

kisam

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I bought a 27 Chevy from Charles about two years ago. I had no problems what so ever. Everything was done as discussed and the condition of the car was far better than I expected. His brother and cousin even met me at his house and helped me load it.
    Kathy