Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 w/Pontiac theme question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Dec 22, 2006.

1. I'm doing a chopped/channeled/metalflaked/Radir wheel/cheater slicked 32 5 window for myself and i'm going to power it with a solid liftered, ported head, tri-power, magneto fired 389 Pontiac and a 4-speed. To "theme" it out with the Pontiac thing, i'm thinking(?) 50 Pontiac tailites, steering wheel, and instrument cluster. Any thoughts (or whereabouts) on the use of a 32 Pontiac grill/shell??? Any pics of what this looked like?

2. Wowcars

Wowcars

Talk to 31Rodder. His A coupe is pontiac themed. from the poncho grill to the 389 tri-power,center caps, steering wheel and clolumn to the tail-lights. Looks right.

3. plan9

plan9

32 pontiac grill looks kinda like the 32 chev... Luke Jivetalkers sport coupe wears a 32'ish looking GM grill... its on the cover of rod and kulture #6

ive seen the shells go for $300-$500 for a really nice one. dont know what a NOS cherry would go for ... maybe $700.00?

[​IMG]
    32 pontiac... run the matching hood if you go that route!
    [​IMG]

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I think there is a rule that 32 fords must have 32 grilles. just like you can't put a ford in a chevy. in my "professional" opinion the pontiac grille is a bit squared off for a 32.

with all that said.. go ahead and do it. if it doesn't look right it is an easy fix and you'll have a cool pontiac grille to hang on the garage wall.

5. carlitos

carlitos
    from Oakland

Can someone post a pic of Axels 32? sounds kinda like what your after.

6. What's goin on Carlos? You coming down for the GNRS? Bring your spray gun...........

7. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

since your mixin things up anyways, i would say a 32 chevy grill, ofcourse this could be because i have one i might sell... but i think they are COOL AS SHIT.. really, i wanna keep it til i build a high boy, but everything is always for sale, HAHA

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

The original radiator cap is very nicely detailed, notice that the chiefs face is in copper plate the rest is chromed.

Attached Files:

9. i like that. for sale?

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

You may want to check out Mike Zenor's Model A Coupe built at Marty and Son's in Sycamore, IL.

Look up www.suicideaxle.com and "space chimp" for more pics or find post on the HAMB from Senor Zenor or Abomber30

It has a 59 Pontiac Dash and steering wheel and roof insert made from a 59 Pontiac hood as well as the pontiac badge on the 32 grille.

11. What about a gauge cluster from a 48 pontiac centered in the dash?

[​IMG]

s.

12. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

cant wait to see this

13. Stone

Stone

Here is a restored 5window from carnut.com
    [​IMG]

14. OOOH, i'm NOT "feelin" it. I think i'll go back to the 32 Ford Grill/shell idea, and MAYBE a Pontiac radiator cap. maybe. I was hoping the Pontiac Grill/Shell was more subtle a difference

15. Matthimself

Matthimself

Why does it have to be a '32? Look at later Pontiac grilles. They might be cloer to the classic duece shape.

16. Pics??

17. Hey Groucho -

See if you can find anything on Mike Zenor's Poncho powered coupe outta Illinois. Crazy freakin induction and an entire '59 pontiac dash grafted in by the talented Andy Didio. I'd keep O'l Henry's original grille shell and accent the rest with Pontiac bits and pieces.

18. Whiplash

Whiplash

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

yeah, someone post a pic of my ol deuce.

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you don't mind a trinket.....here is a little fella I keep on my firewall. They come from 53, 54 Pontiacs.
    [​IMG]

99.9% of folks have no damn idea what it is...or the motor for that matter...

-Abone.

PS. Here is a buddies 33 Pontiac sedan. (has a big block Chevvie in it though...) Neat lookin grille, but hard to make it work on a 32 Ford.
    [​IMG]

21. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

PS. Here is a buddies 33 Pontiac sedan. (has a big block Chevvie in it though...) Neat lookin grille, but hard to make it work on a 32 Ford.
    [​IMG][/quote]

Holy crap that thing is SWEET. What year were the Oaklands out? I'm not up on my Poncho history but didn't Oakland become Pontiac at some point in time?

Scott

22. ShortBus

ShortBus

This old thing?

[​IMG]

Uncle Skippy sold that Sport Coop months ago.

23. ShortBus

ShortBus

Found another one..

[​IMG]

24. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the Axle pic. That car gives me a boner.

-Abone.

25. axle

axle
    from Drag City

thanks rick, my next deuce will hit the streets by the end of next year. blown M/T engine out of the challenger 1 .

26. carmak

carmak

Don't forget 8 lug wheels! There was an early Ford sedan running a set of 8 lugs as the Des Moines Good Guys a couple years ago. They looked great!!!

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa

P.S. how did the chrome reverse wheels work out?

27. I don't think i'd do that, but i'd sure like to see it. The chromies looked so good, i kept them when i sold the car recently. Thanks again for those

28. carmak

carmak

I will look for pictures. I am fairly sure I took a picture or two of it.

I used to have 3 complete sets of 8 lugs. I had a 65 2+2 with a set, a 66 Catalina 2drHT with a set and a set on the shelf. I sold all my 65-66 Pontiac stuff a couple years ago to finance 68 Coronet convertible (my actual high school car) and my wife's 57 Coupe DeVille. I did keep the set on the shelf but I am not sure they will look good on my 67 Bonneville ambulance (my only remaining 8 lug era pontiac).

Carmak
    Riverside, Iowa