Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new 37 Ford pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 22, 2006.

1. I found this truck today, it was listed locally. I drove up about 60 miles from my house, looked at it and bought it. The owner sold it to me half price, said he was in a good mood for the holidays. The first pic is when I saw it, the second is after I washed the moss off of it and threw some tires on it. Both pics were taken today about 3 hours apart! Hopfully will be on the road shortly. Just goes to show they are still out there!!
    Merry Christmas All!

Attached Files:

2. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Nice Christmas present to yourself. Good luck and have fun with it.

3. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Sweet..............what a gift.........to me ..... from me!!

Good luck with that rig.

paco

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Oh you lucky guy and it looks like a good one!! Merry Christmas.

5. Thanks guys, the girlfriend wasn't to keen on the "merry christmas to myself" gig, but opportunity knocked!
    Merry Christmas all!
    Chris

6. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Wow nice score!

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Chris,
    Merry Freakin X-mas!!!!! Man, what a score!!!!!!!!!!

8. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

9. SouthsideJohnny

SouthsideJohnny

Looks SWEET just az it iz!!!:D

10. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

You mean it wasn't for her?.It looks like one of those "Buy something for her that you have always wanted" presents.

11. Yeah...that exscuse is all worn out around my house! Heres the plan, some one swapped the rear for one with juice brakes, so I have some front and a pedal assembly. The engine is stuck, so I pulled the heads tonight and it has gotten water in it, so go through it, and while it's out, pull the 4 speed and drop in that three speed thats in my garage taking up space, and find a dropped axle. Other than fixing some other mino things, I think she'll be a good little parts runner!
    Thanks all-Chris

12. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Nice truck, take care of it.

Good luck.

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

First of all, I hate you. I hate you because I covet your junk. But its a lovely form of hate.:D

Second off, I'd try and loosen up that engine with some water and diesel fuel. There is nothing more annoying then trying to drive stuck slugs out of a cyl.

I totally agree with the safety mods, brakes, brake cyl and so on.

Oh and did I mention how much I hate you and covet your junk? Just covering my bases.:D

14. Thanks for the kind thoughts :) The engine is now loose, but pretty pitted in the cylinders, the bottom end looks good, so maybe a bore and a valve job...pretty cheap and easy (plus I work at a machine shop, so this is all "lunch hour" stuff) But you are right...I've had to torch the centers out of pistons to get tem out of a block, spend all day, then mag it and find out it's junk! Guess my first clue should have been the "had to torch pistons out..." LOL!
    Regardless, I'm very pleased with the truck. I love it when you get something you didn't even know you were looking for! (happens to me WAY more than it should)

15. CaddyRat

CaddyRat

Wow sweet Christmas score! Keep us updated...

16. hemi35

hemi35
    from Australia

You guys have all the luck!! well done...

17. I don't know...I had the joy of washing a truck in 25 degree heat today. I can almost feel my fingers...

18. wagoon

wagoon

Niiiiiiiiiice!

19. nice find! hows the bed & floors??

20. Nice truck. I'm attacking one of those in the new year. I like the patina job. How'd you do that?

21. -Brent-

-Brent-

The wheels are they 37 Ford wheels? Can you post a close-up picture of the them? I am new to this genre of vehicles and am researching what I want to put on my project. Thanks.

22. topdeadcenter

topdeadcenter

HAHAHAHA ROFLMAO! seriously? hahahaha

23. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

very sweet and congrat's on your truck find. '37 and '38's are nice body styles!
    looks like someone's been good this year:)
    Enjoy your new toy and have a blessed Christmas...
    CAB

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Put me first in line for the grille. Oh wait, you're not parting it out are you? In that case, super find and deal on the truck. I've always thought those were the better looking of the mid-30's pickups and the grille is the reason.

Frank

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

that has a great look to it. The patina is perfect. Congrats!

26. The paint is not a patina job, it is true orriginal paint thats a little "tired". The floors and box look great, the only rust I can find are the rockers, pretty common on these things. Even the cab corners are solid. The wheels are true 37's, Ford used them on 1936-part way 1939. I think they look cool on a rod, and you can use any year early juice brakes with them.

27. Here are the rims up close.

Attached Files:

• rims.jpg
      rims.jpg
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
  29. In 3 hours you made a major looking difference. Move over Overhaulin, theres a new guy on the block! :D

30. As long as she is a girlfriend (& not a wife) then you don't have much to worry about. :D

Awesome P/U

JH