Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop Rat infestation....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eisenhower34, Dec 19, 2006.

1. eisenhower34

eisenhower34

Just curious if any one else has had Shop Rat problems like the picture shown below. I keep losing my wrenches, tape measures and anything else not nailed down that is within 2 feet from the floor.....

I had to laugh when I came across this picture when I was down loading photos of my car. My son is 18 months old and is always with me in my shop getting dirty. We usually try to clean up a bit before "Mom" gets home or we both would be in trouble...

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Ike

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That looks like a shop elf to me. You have a Merry Christmas also.

3. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Reminds me of my son at the age of four. I was at a friends body shop painting my 36 Ford, when I heard him squeal. Looked out and he had put his hand into the paint booth exhaust fan. Wasn't hurt, but sure scared me. He is now 37 and still a gear head.

4. squirrel

squirrel

how quick they grow up! enjoy it while you can, this one is home for winter break from college

Attached Files:

5. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Little tyke looks hungry to me. That's a true little hot rodder though. Uses a valve cover as a teething ring. Merry Christmas back atcha.

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Way to go Pops !

If I'm looking at that picture right, I'm sure Mom would love it to see him knawwwing on that valve cover.

Tuff kid - who needs a pacifier when you can bite a valve cover.

Yea - he da man !

Cob

7. ianblaster

ianblaster
    from Dothan, AL

I have one of those on the way. I can't wait.

8. redhumphries

redhumphries

granddaughter 3 years old and just like her dad helps all she can

Attached Files:

9. Man,

Thas just too fucking cute! Merry xmass!!!

Danny

10. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

You're waiting impatiently for a valve cover...?

11. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I got one too, I call him buggabamboozoo. The best thing to come out of my marriage.[​IMG]

12. ratstar

ratstar

He looksa like he is biting a valve cover! lol I thought rats were hairier, and at least somewhat ugly. Thats one of the cutest rats I've ever seen!

13. Stone

Stone

cool. Mine is 6months and has started calling me Dada. I can't wait to take him to a car show.

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

I have been raising Danyelle by myself . And wouldnt change it for a all steel 5 window coupe.:confused: Well second thought !!!:D NOT...

15. Ed ke6bnl

Ed ke6bnl

does he make that vehcile a rat rod ????????

16. 2002p51

2002p51

That's the truth! The "little" guy in these photos is now 34 and lives 2300 miles away so we rarly get to see each other.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 30roadster

30roadster

This guy keeps telling me this tool and that tool are his....usually while i'm trying to use them......how's it going to be when he's a teenager?
    [​IMG]

18. steele138

steele138

Mine looked like that about 2 weeks ago, now were filling out college apps, my 10 year old daughter(our baby) still loves hanging in the garage,the boys do in between friends,girls,guitars etc...they grow up to fast
    steele

19. Yes, they do grow up fast. Seems only a few months ago (40 years actually) I was busy in the gargae spray painting my dune buggy when I looked over and saw my 4 year old with his trike sitting up on wooden blocks and he was hand painting it with "My" paint. Just following dads foot steps. Ahh, the memories.

20. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He's smilin cuz hes peein in your spark plug holes.

21. hoof

hoof

I love this pic. If you look in the upper left corner you can see my boy "helping" by beating on my four wheeler with a wrench.

[​IMG]

22. steele138

steele138

Just remembered my grand dad telling me about my mom helping him with his 36 ford by washing it,with comet! suede before suede was cool,(1944-45)
    steele

23. Get a cat. that should take care of your rat problem.

24. thorkin69

thorkin69

getting in the cat was what caused the "rat" problem

25. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

That's a funny pic, as are the other ones. My daughter's a girlie girl and doesn't play in the shop . . . she rides her bike and pedal car, but that's about it. My son (step-son) seems destined to see if he can get more tools that me before he's even 16 . . . and he's already done that. Just got a 7 drawer box for his 13th birthday and will probably get a roll-around for xmas . .. and already has a ton of hand tools. *Sigh* They grow up too fast.

26. rustrustler

rustrustler

Seems like there was a time not long ago when if I needed a wrench and it wasn"t there all I had to do was mow the lawn where their bikes broke down last. Now I get chewed out by those same ones for leaving a messy workbench. I love it.

27. I wish I could get him to hold still........my son helps me stay insane
    Happy holidays

Attached Files:

28. rayjon

rayjon
    from Reno Nv..

I have 3 shop rats under the age of 6 but the youngest follows me around the shop... and yes they grow fast....

Attached Files:

29. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

He cant be learning much? If he was he wouldnt have taken the front wheel and the handlebars off his bicycle? :D :D
    merry xmas to you and everyone on the board.
    Dave

30. Early Iron MC

Early Iron MC
    from DeSoto WI.

Here's one of my shop rats, using my tools & grabing my old parts for his ride.

Attached Files: