Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why I love drivin' the backroads...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusk, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Ran across some cool project cars this weekend...all would make great customs. I wish I could afford 'em all, but I might start donating plasma, organs, or worse to make the '49 happen...we'll see...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan

2. AlbuqF-1

AlbuqF-1
    from NM

I can't believe how much rust those have, assuming they are around Sac? Looks like salt damage. They would for sure be "projects"

3. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Thats almost rust-free for the Minnesota area.

4. LowLincoln

LowLincoln
    from Granby, MA

Rust?! they look solid to me! wish cars that solid were easier to come by in new england

5. ...those look pretty good , are you talkin gettin the Merc or that Lincoln?...isn't that Merc a 50?

6. Dew will do that, especially when setting for a long time and little to no paint. Also where mud, leaves, etc. collects.

Cool pictures.

Thanks,
    Kurt

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I want that Buick. :D

8. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

My dad loves those '53 merc hardtops. Someday...

9. Actually you can have the Merc for free, just go over and load it up. Now if some guy comes out of the house yelling and screaming and waving a shotgun - just load up faster - and get out of there fast. Him? just some deranged old man that thinks he still owns it.....:eek: (just kidding)

10. your tellin' me! you should'a seen the '57 Bel Air drag car I almost bought....if there was anything to actually weld to I would own it by now. go for the Merc and the Lincoln if you can. Doesn't matter the Lincoln is a 4dr, its still rare and killer. Good luck,
    -Dean

11. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Man, i don't think you guys know what rust is on the west coast. Those could be drivers in my area.

Looks like a good drive finding some kool stuff.:)

12. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

No doubt, i think the west coast guys are spoiled and dont realize wht a lot of us start with it what they consider parts cars or serious projects, and we are thinkin they are sweeeeeeeeeet.

13. roddinron

roddinron

Ever see the Boyd show when they were building "rat rods" and mike went looking for a car to build? They came across a really nice A body and said it was too rough!!! I'd kill to find one that good around here. Boyd used a perfect restored T just for the body. And the 55 chevy (or was it a 56) that they sent back because it was too rough! Talk about spoiled!
    Anyway, nice find, good luck on them.

14. That's what I thought, but the owner assured me it was a '49.

The '53 Merc is in good shape and has frenched Packard tailights.

To me, they're all good builders...even the Buick...especially for the price :rolleyes: If anyone is serious about looking at one of these cars, shoot me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the owner. If I had the room and the funds...the Merc and the Olds would be off the market. Still working on the Merc...

Bryan

15. A couple hours outside of Sac...no salt, but plenty of moisture.

Hahaha...they're definitely in shotgun country, the kind of place nobody calls the cops if they even hear the blast :eek:

Bryan

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I say get the Merc....

[​IMG]

17. I'm just not sure...flat black is so played out ;)

Bryan

18. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

The Merc is a '49. The door handles and rear window indicate it. Neal

19. steele138

steele138

those are some cool finds,I love seeing that old stuff sitting waiting to be built.
    Build them in my head until I see the next one.
    steele

20. I just realized the pics of the Olds didn't show up the first time around.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bryan

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I wanted to paint it shiney, but my computer would not let me.:D