Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen car flyer @ Moon show???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Luke Jivetalker, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Did anyone else get a flyer for a roadster stolen from Riverside while you were at the Moon show???

2. LOCO_LOUIE

LOCO_LOUIE
    from Ontario,Ca

Ya i did it was yellow flyer it said that a famous promoter and a well known car club in the Inland Empire are suspects

3. Do you recall what type of car it was/is?
    Better yet, does anyone have a copy handy to scan??

4. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I thought it was a '23 Overland. Got that flyer and saw it on myspace, too.

5. 53burb

53burb

I got that too. It was a '23 Overland. I think I know whom they are pointing the finger at too and I think it is B.S. KNUX!

6. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

stealing is weak.

When the group I went out there with saw the flyer, one of the sons of a friend said that the club in question has lots of this in their past. The club he talked about was from OC not the inland empire so it may be another deal altogether. According to him, one of the club members actually drove around in a stolen roadster for a while.

a proud tradition.

7. Hi Donnie. You're my favorite

8. I got the flyer and can scan it if needed. Im perplexed on it as well.

A lady was handing it out, probably in her 50's?

So...is this the real deal or what?

9. lownslow

lownslow

hi skippy ,
    i am really afraid to find out your favorite what ? ....

10. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

I was gonna post this earlier but didn't want to be accused of stirring shit up. But... What gives? :confused: This is as close to an accusation as it gets.:confused:

[​IMG]

11. hope they get their car back. hang those thieving shitbags!

12. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Sounds pretty "shifty". I'm sorry I coundn't help it.:rolleyes:

13. 53burb

53burb

Pick a couple of words out of that flyer and then you will know whom they are pointing the finger at. KNUX!

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

My wife and I were handed the flyer for this at Mooneyes as well! i was going to start a thread about this earlier this week but didn't know how to go about it. It's unfortunate that this person had sentimental items taken from them, but they are pointing the finger at me and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. It just so happens that the night this supposedly happened I was putting on my monthly rockabilly show. If anyone reading this has been to my shows they have probably noticed that I am running around like a chicken with its head cut off,working the show all night. I barely have time to talk about cars let alone go accross town to steal one. I have never even seen this car nor did I steal it, so this has forced my family to hire an attorney and sue for defamation of character and slander!
    I am a hard working,happily married, 40 year old homeowner who is trying to start a family and would never think of doing anything like this. My wife and I are trying to run a small, legitimate business buying and selling cars and organizing rockabilly shows (including part of viva las vegas) so I would have way too much to loose doing business this way. And besides, before this happened I had never even heard of an Overland automobile.

This accusation leads us to believe that the accusers are possibly jealous because there isn't one ounce of proof that I was involved in this. my doors have been and are always open to anyone, as we have nothing to hide. i could go on and on about our current feelings on these terrible accusations but i will leave it here. like someone felt and said above, this is 100% b.s. and our attorney will take care of this in the end.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

huh... What in the hell is she using to back up her claims? I mean, she has to be spreading some kind of propaganda, right? Strange world...

16. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

THIS IS WHAT'S POSTED ON MYSPACE.....

[​IMG]

Help find the dirty bastard who stole this car!!
    Body:
    Stolen over the weekend of December the 2nd from Pacific Ave in Rubidoux, Riverside County. 1923 Overland Roadster (like the one pictured above). There is a reward for information leading to the arrest, or recovery of this vehicle. This car belongs to a dear friend, who's father baught the car back in the early 40's when he was just 20 years old. A very rare car. Other items were also taken including a 1950's fridge. A blue 50's/60's custom Cadillac was spotted in the back yard the same day. Please leave any info you have along with a way to contact you at "[email protected]", or telephone 626-840-5445. Thanks for any help! Doc
    "Please repost this message, thank you!"

IT HAPPEPPEND AGAIN TO A DEAR FRIEND OF MINE HER FATHER'S HOUSE WAS BROKEN INTO THEY STOLE A VINTAGE 1923 OVERLAND ROADSTER THAT CAN BE TURNED INTO A HOTROD AND A VINTAGE 1950S REFRIGERATOR. HOW SELECT IS THAT? WE HAVE AN IDEA WHO IS INVOLVED, IN TIME THESE BASTARDS WILL BE CAUGHT AND JAIL TIME WILL BE A GOOD PUNISHMENT!!! HER DAD WAS A WWII WAR HERO DID ALOT OF AMAZING THINGS IN HIS LIFE TIME. THE FIRST FEW TIMES THEY STOLE FROM THESE GOOD PEOPLE THEY TOOK A VINTAGE TELEVISION, A COWL, OLD GAS CANS AND SOME MODEL A TOOLS, AND OTHER ITEMS. SHE DID NOT RECOVER IT ALL BUT WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE THE VINTAGE T.V. THAT WAS GIVEN TO HER DAD BY PAPPY BOINGTON A FAMOUS WWII PILOT. THE T.V. TURNED UP IN A HOUSE IN DOWNTOWN RIVERSIDE BY SOMEONE WELL KNOWN IN THE HOT ROD AND ROCKABILLY SCENE. WE THANK THOSE WHO GAVE US A LEAD ON THAT LETS HOPE WE GET MORE GOOD LEADS TO GET THE REST OF HER DADS STUFF BACK AND CATCH THESE BASTARDS WHO ARE TAKING THINGS FROM THEM. IT JUST SICKENS ME TO HEAR OF THIS AND TO HEAR THAT IT COULD BE PEOPLE I KNOW. SO IF ANY ONE HAS HEARD OF ANYTHING DONT BE AFRAID TO SAY ANYTHING. KNOWING SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR POPULARITY DOES NOT PAY OFF!!! IT WILL CATCH UP TO THEM SOON ENOUGH. PLEASE WE ASK YOU ALL KEEP AN EYE AND EAR OPEN THANK YOU!! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

17. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

So wait a minute. He is pointing finger directly at you with no proof? Or do you have history with the accuser? Thats strange that someone would pull your name out of thin air. I saw this at the show and thought it was a joke.

18. 53burb

53burb

Like I have said in my posts Axle....total bullshit and how my girlfriend noticed that it said rockabilly promoter-riverside and notice it said watch yer "axles"...hint? Totally pointing the finger at you. Above all that, where's the evidence or proof. I would say defimation of character. I hope I spelt that right? KNUX!

19. I've known Axle for awhile,and don't believe any of it! Seems to me that this person is attacking the integrity of a good friend,without any proof. Don't be so quick to take their side,just by someone handing out a flier. It takes more than that to get me to believe rumors about a Axle.

20. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So they found a TV which was stolen at the same time?? Isnt that where you would be starting your "efforts" in relocating the stuff which was stolen?

21. laid55

laid55

all suspects are innocent until proven guilty!Right?

22. 53burb

53burb

All I can say is that you, Renee, are "guilty" of having a kool ass ride. KNUX!

23. laid55

laid55

Thank you,my friend!Rene:D

24. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

Well his accusations seem to be pointed at Axel. I would talk to a lawyer and see what can be done. Hambers know who you are and know that this is a ridiculous, but some some regular Joe new guy might not. So I would take the initiative.

25. 53burb

53burb

Bro, take a look at Axle' post. He has taken a legal action suit. Defamation of character. KNUX!

26. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Het ALEX.... when things get tough for me I think about W.W.B.D.

What Would BOBBO Do????

27. 133

maybe the person that was handing out the flyer knows something that the rest of us don't? he/she sure is putting an accusation out in the open and i'd like to see the evidence as much as the next guy.

28. Jesus Tap Dancin' Christ!!! I never accused anyone of anything, I simply asked if anyone had a copy of the flyer, I lost mine and wanted to post it in the local Speed Shop. Thank you Norm.

Skip

Donnie- Hi

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I can assure you guys that Axel is a stand up guy and the people that send out flyers like this is wrong. Also the ones that stole the car if in fact it is for real needs a good old Club beating.

30. Wow, this is one of the strangest posts I have ever read on here....besides Germ's posts....Anyways complete bullshit. Anyone who knows Axle knows knows this is B.S. Back in 2003 Axle threw an all Pontiac show at his house. Just a house party with a few bands. If I didnt get there early to help set up, I would not have been able to talk to him. He was running around like a mad man. I would trust Axle anyday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.