Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop Names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JrDragsterPunk, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Father and son hobby shop
    Car Addicts Garage
    Throttle Jockeys Hot Rod Shop

2. lowburban

lowburban

I teach High School and do stuff out of my shop on the side. The big joke among my buddies is that my shop should be called After School Special Customs or as they like to point out A.S.S. Customs for short.

3. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

thats funny, the new building we are looking at is all white with a blue stripe around it. lol

thanks for all the suggestions guys, given me some good ideas to thow around.

4. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know if it was mentioned or not because I didn't bother to read after javier's reference to MILFs...got me sidetracked there...MILFs rule....

I digress, I would not put a name on anything but a business card if I was you. Too many asshole thieves...

5. Bull

Bull

Ghetto Garage Tuning
    Busted Knuckle Garage
    @!#$%* Kustoms

6. Donks 'n' Stuff
    Donk.jpg
    2 Fast Bi-Curious Tunerzzzz
    Tuner!.jpg

7. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

I used to own a metal fabrication business called "Twisted Witch Ironworks".

Why not....Twisted Witch Customz

8. Rasmus

Rasmus
    from Las Vegas

Or just Brickyard Custom.

The Rusty Bucket
    Al's
    Bob's Salvage & Service
    Untimely Autos
    The Wrench Bench

Does your dad have a nickname or what's the name he goes by, that could help us?

9. candy53

candy53

You need some inspiration....

10. HAMBone's Rod Shop and Rifle Club (to scare off the tweekers).

11. bobw

bobw

I call my 'not for profit', 'build'em for myself and family members' shop, HOME SPUN HOT RODS. I fits what I do. If there is anything special about what you do or who you are aiming your business at, it never hurts to get that into the mane. For instance, similar to 'Rad Rods by Troy' you could have 'Trad Rods by Dad & Boy' Or, maybe not.

12. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

"progressive' is what i will be aiming for when i'm building stuff.

pro·gres·sive [​IMG]/prəˈgrɛs[​IMG]ɪv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pruh-gres-iv] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation [​IMG] [​IMG] –adjective 1.favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, esp. in political matters: a progressive mayor. 2.making progress toward better conditions; employing or advocating more enlightened or liberal ideas, new or experimental methods, etc.: a progressive community.

don't know if I would actually want to use the word 'progressive' in the name though. I think we would rather keep our names out of the title, personally, i think it's just kinda bleh...anyways thanks alot again for all the suggestions. I didn't expect 3 pages worth lol.

13. damnfingers

damnfingers

Progressive Retreads

14. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Precision guesswork garage
    Busted knuckles garage
    Go-away garage
    Dew drop inn garage
    Beatum,Cheatum,and Howe garage
    Caliente motors

15. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speed Shop is gettin played out and will probably attract more retail customers. Don't know exactly what your full line of services will be or if you want to seek retail (tough gig). What's the main focus? I like the fabrication end of things. I like doing kustom stuff. My 1st venture was called Kane Kustom back in 1980 and I focused on paint. Later, restoration, and later yet, racecars by xxxx. Simple. Memorable. Make it a definition for your customers. They will seek the craftsman doing the work before they seek the corporation. Mine and dad's name being the same it was easy. Make it personal. Progressive? You sellin insurance? :D Indy Rod n Race Shop, or your's or dad's name Rod n Race.

16. THX_138

THX_138

"FONZIE'S"

" WE AIN'T NOBODY.... DORK"

"DREAM, DROOL AND DRIVE"

"RESTORING RODS THE RIGHT WAY"

17. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

pretty much all fab. stuff. he just sold his speed shop that he owned for 20 years selling drag car and muscle car parts and building drag cars on the side. now its gonna be strictly building stuff. the whole progressive thing isn't about the word itslef, its about what it means. I don't wanna actually use that word, but thats what I have in my head as far as building goes. Personally, when i'm older, i don't just wanna do a certain genre of cars. My heart is in hot rods, but i'm into everything, so i plan on doing a wide range of things, not just per say kustoms or trad. rods.

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dan Sigl a friend of Von Franco's use to have "Low Tech Engineering"

19. THX_138

THX_138

I did lots of research on this when my close friend let me name his business for him because he"just didn't care"...

It's a mind thing... if it relates to something that sit's in everyone's mind like " FONZIE'S " it's gonna stick and be easy for them to remember it when they need to, or when it comes time to refer or mention the "new" shop that's around.

Everything is in the name....
    As I said...my buddy's business is a tree service.... I named it " GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE TREE SERVICE " .... Yeah , of course it sounds corny!.... but ya know what, for the first few years when I went around collecting payments after jobs were done, I persistantly asked each person WHY they chose us? The answers were genuine, and ranged from:... We liked the ad, we loved the name,.... to.... Well to be honest, when I was done looking through the yellow pages, I really didn't know who to choose, so we called you because your's was the one that kinda stuck in our head.

BINGO!!!! that's EXACTLY what you want.... stuck in their head!

Kinda like... " We ain't nobody.... DORK " granted ya better be good enough to live up to the name, but either way, it will sure draw customers and make the competition wish they chose it first. I know I sure would never trust my rod with anyone who either didn't already have a good rep....OR... exude confidence. Gotta start somewhere...that name says nothing BUT confident! First impressions either make or break you.

If you want any other ideas...PM me with some personal info of who you and your dad are , what you're about in the future.... and what the competition is in your area....... I'll gladly do my best to put something together for you.

20. 8flat

8flat

HAMBster Hotrods.....

21. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

22. gasser55

gasser55

"jack Mehauff Speed Shop"

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

24. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

A bad example here, fortunately before it went public: My parents live in a place called Aspen Island (in english) so I painted "Aspen Island Customs" on the door of my old garage there. I sounded really good until my good friend turned it to "As Penis Land Customs"... Not in use anymore...

25. how about the word" stock"
    with the red circle and slash across it
    (some help ..photo shop please ?!!!)
    stock no more
    cutups
    we do that!
    quickenrods-cars
    happypappys

paperdog

26. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Where is the shop going to be in Indy?

27. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

He is making an offer on a building today on Harding Street. It's on the southside. We actually live in Greenwood though, used to live in Indy.

28. Has anybody used "Gas Monkey Garage" yet.... anybody?

:D:D:D:D

29. I was trying not to mention "Ass Monkey"...

30. JrDragsterPunk

JrDragsterPunk

I'm not trying to be the anti-christ of hot rodding or anything. this is just a small father son operation.:D