Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 55 may have to go

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Dec 7, 2006.

1. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I am debating real hard if to let this car go or not. I have always wanted an early Ford coupe ow that I have the 38 I am thinking of getting rid of my other baby.

[​IMG]

2. squirrel

squirrel

that would be something that would make you kick yourself in the ass for the rest of your life...

3. Dirty2

Dirty2

Dont do it ..

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

55's are like belly buttons...everyone has them...wouldn't be that hard to replace later on if you feel like it.

R-

5. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I understand your dilemma but someone else can have my 55 when they can pry it from my cold, dead, gripping hands.Don't do it, sure you can replace it someday but by the looks of it you've done alot of work on it too. Would probly be costly to replace (someday)

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

man,,55-57 chevys are the shit,,,you'll regret it,,dont sell it!

..just sell the wheels instead! :D

7. 55chevy

55chevy

2 Lane Blacktop
    American Graffiti
    Dayum, good lookin 55!
    nah, the're still plentiful, beter let me have it, I don't regret selling my 55 2 dr ht, really!
    What's my name again?
    I want sumpin older too, droolin over a 35 Chevy Coupe I saw, just need $ eh?

8. teddyp

teddyp

think hard before you sell i still miss my 57:(

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I have owned two 55 210 2 dr sedans. I wish I had them back. The buyer of one of them cut the back half of the roof off and made a pickup out of it. The other one eventually ended up in a salvage yard.

10. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Sell it, you don't really need that heap of shit.

Then I'll buy it, because the ONLY sexy tri year Chevy is the 55. I'd never sell one of my 55 Pontiacs. I'd rather give up a kidney for the money then do that.

11. squirrel

squirrel

they're sexy, too? I knew they were badass...but sexy?

12. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

They're more closely related to their hot older sister Pontiac then any other tri Chevy.:D

13. Fitysix

Fitysix
    from Md.

Send it my way...I see a gasser hidin' in there somewhere:D
    Fitysix

14. mr. dick

mr. dick
    from New York

As soon as you sell it , youre gonna say "what the f**k did I do?????
    then you might be fine....but i doubt it.

I just bought a 56 gasser out of Oklahoma, and Ill be damned if Ill ever sell this one......Think twice

Mr. Dick

15. Tough call......I've had mine for 34 years, it was my first car. Sold lots of stuff, but always managed to hold on to my OL 55.......

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

I see it is on ebay , what ya lookin to get for it?

17. Joe King

Joe King

every so often I wish I still had mine usually when I see a new kid in my small town with what he thinks is his hot Honda, it's not that the 55 was that fast
    it was more fear when I'd come flying up behind him and bounce it a couple of times......worked every time

Attached Files:

18. "HOTROD"

"HOTROD"
    from Seattle

I've had 2, 55, 2 door posts,
    The first one (a bel air) I'm ashamed to say, is no longer a car,
    The second one was my daily driver for many years, it was a 150, my favorite of all the tri 5's,

I just want to hit myself in the head every time I think about why the hell I got rid of it,

I was thinking, Ill just get another one later,
    well, now I would have to pay at least 10 times as much to get the same car,

Shit!

Dan

19. 33 Dodge

33 Dodge

My dad has had his 55 since 64', and every so often I go over to his garage just to gaze at it. You will regret it. Dont get me wrond I am in love with lots of cars, but a 55 will always make your stomach turn hittin 3rd gear out on the blvd. at 7000 rpm's. Just somthin about looking through that front window with the curved glass, over that big ass hood. Nothin like it.

20. If you're gonna take the fenders off of it, sell it.

Seriously, '55s are damn cool. I have few car regrets. Selling my '55 Nomad is one.

21. sweet car, 55's are the best.

I would double think selling it. They are getting harder to find, especially nice reasonably priced ones. :)

22. ...that's a neat lookin Chevy, do not sell it, they are gettin harder to find all the time, they are the 32 Ford of the future. Stick it in the corner, but just keep it. You won't regret it later.

23. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

'55's are great. You know even George Lucas, the man that created Darth Vader in the Star Wars movies, chose a black '55 Chevy to be the evil villain car and nemesis to the yellow Deuce coupe. In other words, if Darth Vader were a car, he'd be a black '55 Chevy!

24. belair

belair

A '55 may or may not be a "belly button car", but if it is, it's getting to be a $20-25k belly button. The only place you usually see a bunch of them is at a car show. (the same could be said of a '32, but we dare not blaspheme). The rest of the time, you are the only one on the road. Keep it-they are getting fewer and farther between.

25. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

right on,,...i shake my head and chuckle when people talk down on 55-57 chevys, guess they are not car guys,,cuz its usually the guys who never had one or are to young to know whats up who are the ones who are making those comments,,,

26. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

I'm still pissed i could not come up with 7 grand two years ago so I could by the 2 door 56 wagon I found in a little town in Missouri. Do it and you'll regret it.

27. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

If I could not ever own another 32 Ford ... I would hunt down a 55 Chevy 2 door post car ...
    55 Chevrolets and 32 Fords ...

[​IMG]

I had a 150 2 door businessman special 55 Chevrolet years ago. I would buy it back TODAY ... if he would sell it back.

Keep the 55 ...

28. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I would keep the 55 ... :)

29. raffman

raffman

Joe sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. It would be cool to still own every nice car you ever had in your life but very damm few of us are financially set for that. We all know the coolest cars are our next ones, the dreams and visions that usually no one else sees in that rusted out pile but you. If thats the only way you can complete that dream (finanicially or whatever) is to let one go then so be it. I think we all have in the back of our mind that when we hit the power ball mega million lottery that we will replace everyone of those plus intrest that we had to let go.

30. Rusty

Rusty

Sell it and fix up the 38