Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT-Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kermit, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I know the thread is about hearing aids, but since people have brought up tinnitus...I started a thread here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111525&highlight=TINNITUS

Nobody was yanking anyone's chain, people do suicide over Tinnitus. When I first realized I had it, I couldn't sleep for days, it was all I could hear, it can drive ya crazy.

I'll swear I've always had it since I was a kid, but the unmuffled exhaust, concerts, guns, machines, sure didn't help.

I don't like preachers and I'm not a safety nazi but I beg people to wear hearing protection so they won't get the 'nitius. It's an F'ed up thing to have.

2. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

for $4K+, just make everyone yell.... I never realized how much them babies cost

3. Hebee

Hebee

I'm on my third (and best set) of hearing aids. They are from Audibel Electronics (Starkey Brand). I bought this set in 1998 at a cost of $5000. They are old tech now but still work OK! Their newest types are awesome but very pricey. I have essentially no high frequency hearing (without aids) in either ear. The total loss is 80% in right and 70% in left. With the Starkeys I'm back to about 30% and 20%. All of my problems came from lots of bang-bang in the late 60's (military style). Anyway, the only brand I'll buy is Starkey! :)