Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rodding is Dead-YouTube

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Darby, Dec 5, 2006.

1. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Cool...the most interesting 4 minutes and 5 seconds yet today!

2. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

3. flathead okie

flathead okie

freakin' great is all I can say. Keep it up

4. moses

moses

excellent video like a viberator that was funny shit !!!!!

5. Cruiser

Cruiser

:DWay Cool...........
    Excellent work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cruiser 49:cool:

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

who thought hot rodding was dead?

7. Little_E

Little_E

Inspiring . . . but since my project lives an hour away at a buddy's house I'll do my part to spread your word by embedding it in my myspace page under the heros section (if I can so humbly have your permission to do so?!)!

Thanks,
    Scott

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

Now that is the gospel spoken that I must say AMEN to. Spoken very well... Sure hope none of the 6 grand easter egg paint job guys don't get affended... oh yea i forgot i don't care hehhee

9. Bitchen! I don't care what the official rating is. This one gets five stars from me!!

10. crash 51

crash 51
    from FTW,TEXAS

everyone has their own opinion. we seem to be on the same page. you know i am happy with the "common folk" not knowing what hot rodding is all about. hell, if everyone was as "into" cars as we are, we might not look at it the same. if 99/100 people thought the same it is because i thought different. not to be difficult, or standt out, just to be independent. keep up the work. love the video. Crash.

11. Yeah, I've always said one of my pet peaves is "Easter egg colored hot rods with burlap interiors.:) Thanks for sharing.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The next time one of my buds asks me why I never have time to hang out, I'll show them this. Amazing and very inspirational.

It made me think about all the years I put off building a hot rod because I thought they had to have $10,000 worth of chrome and an "easter egg" paint job. That really made my night, man.

13. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

14. Great little piece!Thanks for sharing it with us.The channeled and sectioned 34 Ford coupe belongs to Buddy George who I believe is from Dedham MA or somewhere near there.That car has been around since the late 60's and he still drives the wheels off it.Very innovative for it's time;Corvair IFS and Corvette IRS with a 327 SBC.Here's a pic taken around 1970.

Attached Files:

15. Darby

Darby

Yeah, all the drag stuff was one day last summer at Epping--they let me get down pretty close to the track, and I had my monopod with me so it didn't shake too much. The junkyard stuff was in Almagordo, NM, the dirt track was in PA at the Jalopy Showdown, and the Bonneville was in... yeah. I did alot of driving last summer.

I don't know about any part two--I've had some of this footage for over a year now, and just got it edited now! I've got a truck in the garage that gets neglected when I get artsy like this.

And when Evel likes your movie, you're doing something right... thanks!

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

nice work dude. that channeled, sectioned 34 at the beginning belongs to buddy george. he's a bit of a local icon himself. it can be seen around the south shore several times a year still. different car, but cool and stupid fast.

17. meteor

meteor

Love it! I'm sure it was obvious to most but the kicker for me was finding out all of the B/W footage was recent, that really nailed the point. Very inspiring, great work.

18. beauishere

beauishere

19. Barn Yard Chevy

Barn Yard Chevy

Holy sh*T

"Dead seas came to life in the prusuit of all out speed"

got a little lump in my throat

Thank you for that... I should go back out in the garage now.

BYC

20. In describing my enjoyment of that video, I can only express it in a way that most Wyominites would express an emotion on true passion and feeling.... " yep "

21. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

nice...very nice i like the part about the easter egg paint job

22. my next door neighbor who moved in a little more than a year ago came over to complain one day about the noise my 5" grinder was making at about 8pm...til I showed him what I was working on...we got to talking....next thing you know he's over every weekend at some point wanting to know how much I got done on the hot rod...oh, and no more complaints either...since I told him I would stop at 9pm on weeknights and at 10pm on the weekends..I figure if he's interested and i am cooperative in return...that equals good neighbors....win/ win...and maybe plant a seed? Just waiting for the day when the doors come open and a little thunder comes forth from the dream in my head.....

23. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

HELL YEAH!! the footage was great , make another one soon bro .

Buzz

24. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Spoken with true PASSION!

Awesome work holmes...I just suscribed to you as well.

Dirty

25. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

sweet...................................................................................!

26. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

First off.............THANK YOU!!

Second, I'd love to see your piece played with "America the Beautiful" playing softly in the background, used to open a Mad Fabricator's video........ It could roll into other coverage with harder music. That piece needs to be shared and saved. Well done!

27. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

28. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

And the Oscer goes to *********** [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

nice! but I'd have to edit out any cars with radials :D LOL

30. SUHRsc

SUHRsc