Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars are stupid.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. chevnut

chevnut
    from Corona, Ca

Jason,
    Wanna Build a boat instead? go fishin a little, maybe a little R n R?:D
    I can advise you to stay away from cars but I have a feeling that just will not happen.
    With talent comes responsibility my freind, just dont sell yourself short, make it worth your while.

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Because when people do this, they get bagged on by e-goobers (myself included) 99% of the time.

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The box, that's pretty much all I think about.

Cars suck, motorcycles suck worse.

4. bustingear

bustingear

Originally Posted by Killer
    Where's the kid who HAS TO think out of the box? Uses his MIND to build something awesome?

.."back in the day" they couldn't afford a paint job.. but they'd paint the damn thing with a vacuum cleaner when they could! You could buy a $50 HVLP gun from HF, $300 "complete paint job kit" from Ebay, beg borrow or steal (rent) a compressor and get to gettin it on!

LIKE EBAY WAS AROUND BACK IN THE DAY!? Your are making my sides hurt....

5. Killer

Killer

!!!!!!

Attached Files:

6. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

here let me help ya, I just picked up a 28 coupe, its already chopped but not much its going on a set of 32 rails cause i got them for 100.00 bucks, 8 inch ford rear cause no one wants them and they are cheep, a 68 camaro 3 speed cause no one wants them and they are cheep ( i paid 100 and it came with a clutch plate fly wheel and bell housing) a small block chevy cause it was free, I even scored a new in the box hurst shifter for 20 bucks again cause no one wants them, LOL up front disc brakes why? caus ethey are all over the place oh and free!, Im with you Im paintting it and doing the interior, Im not a trend guy, i build with junk and what i have, I dont care if anyone likes me or my car LOL I drive them in the snow, rain, Its just a freakin' car! Ok Im done now
    dont think inside the box or outside the box, Just build a damn box
    FRITZ
    Almost forgot, NADS is a big gay man who hates cars & bikes but we love him anyway

7. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yeah? Then how much for the A frame & kaboodle?

8. Gator

Gator

Well, Rodster did get thrown out of the NSRA nats in Louisville this year for doing donuts. :D

9. bobw

bobw

The HAMBer with the pictures of rabbits with pancakes on their heads NEEDS to post!

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sounds like the west coast is having a melt down man!

All is groovy here in Austin and I still love cars as much as I always have... Get out and drive a car... or FINISH one... really FINISH one... I bet you'll feel better.

11. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

The youngster's are hotrodding there own style cars. The problem is the definition of awesome. They like what they make and to be honest when they actually make 400 hp from 2 liters then I have to give them some credit, because the aftermarket is only so good in that arena.

I find it strange that you ask where people are then in the same breath rant about to many people at the shows?

No disrespect you understand. Just my 2 cents

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Wow Fritz, two tire power, that fucker's gonna haul ass baby.

I just got done talking to some tool who knows nothing, wants to know even less, throws terms like 'ol skool' and 'rat rod' around more often than Bubba does pancakes at IHOP down the street. I'm not better than anyone, but it ain't that hard to buy a few tools and do this shit yourself, instead of complaining. It should never take three months to wire a car, even alligators could do it in two.

The problem very simply is people, people suck, most of 'em are descpicable mutherfuckers that should never have been born. I even hate myself, if it wasn't for intense self-loathing I'd have no self image at all. Every time I look at my ugly fucking face in the mirror I'm reminded that I'm an actual person, a rotten talentless hack with a loud fucking mouth that's dug way too deep, way too fast with nothing left to stand on. I'm too big of a pussy to commit suicide so I have to put up with myself and unfortunately so do you.

13. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mother of God, where's the kool-aid?

14. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Your gonna have to grow a mullet in the front because that is Very EMO.

15. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

This pretty much sums it up for me........if I hadn't just had a son,....I'd a DONE IT already........

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

It could be construed as Emo, except those teenage fuckwits haven't lived long enough to experience the deep ennui that courses through every hair on my body. You have to put up with a lot of shit to hate yourself (and others) as much as I do. Those front mullet slugs are pretending to be bored, assholes, real boredom is when you start yawning when the new issue of Juggs or Amputee Times comes in the mail. Real boredom is when you can't even be bothered to read all of Rodder's Journal in one sitting.

At least those Emo kids have a small chance of getting fresh poontang, and that's why I hate them the most. YOU CANNOT BE DISILLUSIONED IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN ILLUSIONED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Gawd, I can't wait to ride my shitty motorcycle home, crack open a beer and wallow in my misery.

17. markanthony

markanthony

Learning is everything/ Failure is everything ... searching for information, trying to determine what's best for you, what you want, how you want it, what you know, what you don't know, what you need; whether it's painting, screen printing, chopping, channeling anything...

Listening to a pastor a couple months ago he said "Nostalgia=death"... Those looking back through their own view espouse what it was like, what was right, what should be and make it impossible (should you ascribe to their view) for a person to accomplish what it was like then in this day. So why even try.

History's a whole different thing... it is what it is, there to be viewed but you have to search it out to weed through the nostalgia. I'm not so cocky as to think I know everything but I certainly don't want to follow a trend, just to create something that's right for me as I have time, money and my other obligations are taken care of. Basically just learn everything I possible can... from every source.

As soon as I can afford/ find something better I will. I love the drivetrain in the chevy because it'ss what I had to work with and all I knew at the time... knowing more now I will pick up what I want when I need to and get a chance.

It's good to remember the best experiences to be had are away from this magic box. It's great as a tool but it will never get anything done on it's own. Which reminds me I have some phone calls to make.... It will never replace the feeling of sitting an a bike in a buddy's garage sipping coffee ,shooting the breeze at 2am when the wife gives you the hall pass... heck that's why I'm taking a drive this weekend Killer ....

18. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LOL - you're killing me...

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nostalgia literally means, "return to pain."

Eat that, you old fucks with drive ins and Marilyn Monroe muriels on your Continental tire cover. If I ever get that desperate I hope somebody kills me.

20. DrJ

DrJ

Killer sounds like he just got older than I am.. ;)

Or it's because it was 30º in Heperia/East Jesus last night and wishes he had a choke on his carburetor. :D :cool:

It's gonna rain here too, my shoulder aches.

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

LMGDAO!! :D

Dude, it's been a while since I laughed that hard...

22. ShortBus

ShortBus

Damn Nads, you need a blowjob. But then, who doesn't?

23. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

hell ya f$@k WHITE PEOPLE AND DUDES NAMED chip!!! there just cars anyway. if you ask me rat rod type greaser show are just as bad as NOPI tuner import shows just older cars. i just drive my old crap piles and tell the looky loes at every damn place i stop to GO AWAY ( unless their a hotie) screw it im out.

24. That is fuckin' awesome!!

[​IMG]

Bryan

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

if it wasn't for the internet, i'd be too busy baggin' on other guys cars to realize that i'm not as cool as i thought i was...

26. jerry

jerry

NObodies that old!

That is another piece of the old H.A.M.B. i hadn't thought about in a long time!

Just take their money Killer!

when's the new issue of TSR coming out?

jerry

27. rasputin

rasputin
    from Chicago

Damn Nads.

I'm really glad to know there's another car guy in the world that's even more pissed off at humanity than I am. At least you can still tell the difference between Juggs and the Rodders Journal.

I've always subscribed to the quote:

"The only reason I don't kill myself is because I don't want anybody else to get my stuff."

28. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

^and the fact that there are no cars in Hell

29. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Make that two of us, Killer. I HATE shows, cruises and spectators whose goal in life is to pick your car apart.l i'm sick of posts where somebody say's "Show me some Deuce Coupes, '55 Chevys" or what ever and are too lazy to use the search function. How many billion times has THAT stuff been asked? This shit gets WAY overdone to death!

I don't like exact recreations unless somebody is building a bona fide famous race car or the original builder is recreating one of rods. What the fuck ever happened to dare to be different and do your own thing. That's why I climbed on Chaz's bandwagon with both feet because hopping up a 144 Ford is cool and different. Even if he snuff's it, he'll have learned something.

I mentioned awhile back I'm building a car similar to the stuff we drove my HS days and have asked very few questions . I do hope I've helped a few people, particularly with quick changes and my circle track related knowledge. I either read the archives if I need a perticular piece of info or work it out on my own. Since I'm not building this car for anyone's pleasure but my own, opinions aren't necessary. If you see me somewhere and you like my Ford, come grab a fender and sit down. I AM friendly!. But if not, shine me on.

Done venting ...for now!

Jan

30. Killer

Killer

26 degrees this mornin... I'm a Socal wuss. chokes? what the hell are those?!?!!!! stoopid Suburban chugs coughs and sputters for 10 minutes before it even begins to act normal. big blocks with 4 barrel carbs rule.

my damn car has been sitting for too many years now. sure, I make progress here and there... got the frame swaped. Gathered up a buncha cool shit to put on the motor... got the trans in... I sit in it... on 4 flat tires... and make VROOM noises... does that count?!!

My buddies (both of em) say, "we'll help you get it back on the road"... yeah, wanna help with the cash flow too there partner?! Love ya both.. i don't need a WTF phone call from either one of you.. :D

TSR was a once in a lifetime deal. Theres no way to capture that moment again. Too many little books out there cashing in on the scene... why else would they put artists in a car book?!

I like the Japs* man... have you seen some of the shit they're drivin over there?!?! Holy crap, I can only imagine the hoops they have to jump through...

The market is flooded. Even punk rock went mainstream.

Lets start building Kustoms.

* I am not a racist.. i only used the term Japs because I am too lazy to type Japanese. Thank you, please drive through.