Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cars are stupid.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Killer, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Killer

Killer

I need to exercise my brain more... its become a lump of mush that sits atop my shoulders uttering.... you want your model a how low? sure... chop another shoebox... you bet!

Where'd the youngsters go? Youthful exuberance and all that shit... old dudes who have the money to buy the latest and greatest littlest damn doohickey that only him, the guy who built his car and GOD will know is there.. those guys are ok in my book but? Where's the kid who HAS TO think out of the box? Uses his MIND to build something awesome?

If I hear I'm building a "Rudy" truck one more time I'm gonna puke. I love Rudy to death but jesustapdancinchrist let it go... you're building a fucking HOT ROD!

Make it YOURS!

You're supposed to one up your pals. Thats just how it goes. don't question it. Keep up with the Jones' man.."back in the day" they couldn't afford a paint job.. but they'd paint the damn thing with a vacuum cleaner when they could! You could buy a $50 HVLP gun from HF, $300 "complete paint job kit" from Ebay, beg borrow or steal (rent) a compressor and get to gettin it on!

If you think for one minute that any red blooded American hot rodder that lived through this shit when it was happening, when it was really happening, wouldn't have dropped a couple bills on a 283 that out of the box gave you, what? a hundred horsepower more than a flathead??? wouldn't have done it?!?! Well then you haven't been paying attention!

So before this whole traditional hot rat rod project reserve set at $15k thing started, you could go to the Hot Rod Reunion... get up 7am'ish.. grab some breakfast and head out to the track... and still be able to park at the end of the bleachers...

Or Paso... pre- registration and getting into line at 3AM sucks hairy donkey balls.

Even the most sacred of reliability runs is being over-run. Some people need to learn to keep a damn secret.

Where'd the hoodlums go? The guys who'd do burnouts and throw beer bottles at old ladies?

Internet car clubs are gay. Having some online "pals" who dig the same things as you do is ok (as long as its legal) but GAWDDAMN t-shirts?!?!! Go to local car shows, meet new PEOPLE (not names on a screen) and have some fun! You will be so surprised when John Q Billet Rodder says "man, I got a bunch of old stuff that I took off this thing just sitting in my shed.. you want it?"

You wanna know how much its worth? Whatever you're WILLING to PAY.

DRIVE your shit. Don't post on the internet asking if you can or what you need to do to do it... the damn thing was new at one point! SOMEBODY drove it everyday and didn't think twice about it!

I'm burned out. Cars are stupid.

2. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like Mustangs ! :)

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Agree 110%!!!
    Car shows are gay, cars are gay, LIFE is gay........

The internet has RUINED the old car hobby..........

4. OK so it gay, guess i can back my truck up to your garage and load up all the gay stuff you have sitting around your shop for a case of gingerale.

I agree though the shows of today SUCK

5. My cars aint stupid, but do have been known to make them do stupid shit.

Ya know I didn't make a car show or a cruise all year in '06. I did go on an invite reliability run, it was a hoot.

All that BS aside you're on the right track. Build 'em drive 'em like you stole 'em and build 'em again. Who gives big ratz azz what ever body else is doin' to theirs. Build it the way you like it and let the rest of 'em pound gravel if they don't like it.

Well that felt good.:D

6. steevil

steevil

is your blood sugar level dropping grampa?

[​IMG]

I jest.
    sage words.

7. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Hahahaha. Somebody crapped in Killers wheaties today!:p :D I agree with darn near everything you said.

8. javier mejia

javier mejia

hell yeah!! "if you didnt built it yourself or chop top it dont wear a goat-t"

9. chevy348

chevy348
    from Ohio

:confused:
    I think guys like that are in jail or ride a bus because they can't afford a car.

10. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Good thread. Got me excited. IM goin to Arthurs in the morning to look at a 39 wide five suspension set up so I can start building a boattail streamster(sp).

11. Radshit

Radshit

I'm with you Jason!!!!!...must be why I sold all my little 'ol hotrod parts........I'm going back to MY roots........going back to building what I think is cool......

12. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

LOL ,LOL,LOL,LOL:D :D :D !!!!!!

Buzz Bomb

13. synthsis

synthsis

I don't know about you guys but whenever we roll to a show, usually at least 8 or 10 deep we have a great time. We went to the pumpkin run last month and as soon as we parked a can of PBR was thrown at me, and this was 9:30 in the morning. the hooliganism continued throughout the day. we have fun whereever we go. next time there is a show in the Philly area come look for us, chances are someone is doing something stupid like getting shocked with a cattle prod.

14. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm still right here. Where've you been, man?

15. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

there was a time when sex was safe, tattoos were for sailors and whores, and hotrods were the opposite of TRENDY...

16. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drama starter kit, guaranteed results...

17. 1LIFE2LIVE

1LIFE2LIVE

couldnt agree more. i may be new to the scene but i know what i like and thats all i care about. frankly, i hope it offends everyone and pisses off all the neighbors. i hope i get a ticket for it being the ugliest thing on the street, then i know i have done something.

18. Terry

Terry

I'm guessing you've never been to the HAMB drags? It sorta answers all your questions....

19. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

KILLER my boy!

just remember most people in the real world dont give two shits about hot rods, and of those that do, most dont like the shit we build...

Take a step back, look around at the shit that Joe Normal is into & laugh about that for a lil while.

My buddy Steve Soto told me this piece of advise when I was all down on punk rock for being popular and gay; "Stop looking under the microscope of what is right around you, there is a whole world of other shit out there to hate".

20. REJ

REJ
    from FLA

Dammitt, Terry, I was coming back to this thread to post exactly what you did, and you beat me to it.
    If you do not have fun at the HAMB drags, you have never had fun anywhere. I missed it this year, but I will be there next year if I have to hock something to get there.

21. I wonder why there has been so much of this lately? I've heard people get depressed and stressed out during the hollidays, not me, not this year, anyway. I'm out in the garage three or four nights a week, if even for only an hour or two.

Why all the energy expended about what we DON'T like? I'm not a big fan of customs or lowriders, but they are part of this community, so I (try to)keep my fat mouth shut. Maybe when I get my rod on the street, I will want one of those, too, and I will look at them with a different eye. I was wanting a musclecar until the prices went sky-high, now all my Car Craft and Hot Rod magazines come out of the mailbox, and barely get looked through.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, but it seems like there is less,"Look what I've built and the pictures of how I did it" and too much,"I don't like this, I don't like that." Just my two cents.

22. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

I know I am opening a can of worms here..... but.....

I am building a HOT ROD!

28 Body, home-fabbed bed, 500 caddy, home brewed tunnel ram, dual quadrajunks (later models), building the headers myself out of cutting and welding other junk headers, th350, alot of 70's GM parts, a 60's S&R steering wheel, early nova front end, hacked-up 59 Rambler dash, a real bastard of a car.......

I am painting the entire thing with chassis paint, with a brush..... body, engine, dash, and all.....

hot rod? rat rod? custom?

Who knows, it's gonna cost me less than 2000 to build when all is said and done and it will scare old ladies, kids, and kittens when I am done..... and I built it myself........

and it will put a perma-grin on my face everytime I drive or think of it.....

I've played in alot of underground bands, and there was always "labelling" and "catagorization" there, too......

I always just plugged my guitar in and had fun.....

but there is one fact at the bottom of this great debate:

YOU CAN'T BUY "COOL," whatever that is.....

People that have it, have it.....

people that don't, want it......

Either be it, or want it.......

Personally, I am too apathetic to care....

(pardon my rant, there is two feet of snow here in the last 10 hours and the city is officially closed down, I've been at the pub)

23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Wanna send 'em to me???:D
    I'm getting back to my ROOTS......ie:Musclecars....

24. Fat chance!:rolleyes: I still want a musclecar some day, just can't afford to do one the way I want to right now. And I'm having too much fun playing with my rod.

25. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll bet that makes the pages stick together...

26. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Amen, Killer, Amen.

27. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

I remember that, I also remember a certain buddy having to take a crap when the bill came, and having to pay for that damn breakfast!

28. Building of origional cars, I do that. My 38 Chevy. Ya I don't get a lot done with her as she is on the other end of the country, and I can not afford to move her here, which is also ilrevelent as this job went belly up a couple months ago. Ya I love building cars strait out of my imagination, but it takes money, or at least a stable job to be able to do it. And as Johny, just mentioned, it is illegal to build them in most places. Junk laws, noise laws, permition for this, permition for that, can I atleast wipe my ass without having to ask for permition in triplicate?

Use to go to Car Shows all the time, bought a lot of parts to put a lot of cars together. Now the gas to get there costs a hundred bucks. Instead an entrence fee, you have to make a down paynent on the grounds. And when you do get in all you find is julry boxes, tosters, knick nacks, a few cars as toys, and even they are allready put together and painted all pretty, no fun, and when you do find a part you can usaly hire a machinest to make it cheeper. The fun is gone.

steevil, thanks for the offer on the Decaf, but don't drink coffie, I can get all riled up just fine without the help of caffine. But hey, great laugh!

29. bustingear

bustingear

An open heart felt rant on the internet. Dont you have friends? Tell it to your wife. What a waste of space.